collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bloodlines Media Files  (Read 485 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
Bloodlines Media Files
« on: January 06, 2020, 08:25:28 PM »
Hello,

In all likelihood, this will not be useful to anyone, but I remastered media files of Bloodlines. All these high quality and widescreen.

You can download it below.

Just like Psycho-A suggested, to make videos play widescreen, you need to set value "auto bink ar" to "0" in file Bin\loader\widescreen_fix.ini.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:29:18 PM by endthewars »

Offline Psycho-A

• Russian Board Moderator
  • Methuselah
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
Re: Bloodlines Media Files
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 01:49:28 PM »
Hello! Good work!

To make videos play widescreen, you need try to set value "auto bink ar" to "0" in file Bin\loader\widescreen_fix.ini.
Also make sure you made your videos with widescreen resolution (aspect ratio 16:9). In fact, considering this, they must be played as is even not changing the parameter above.

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 08:59:20 PM »
Hello! Good work!

To make videos play widescreen, you need try to set value "auto bink ar" to "0" in file Bin\loader\widescreen_fix.ini.
Also make sure you made your videos with widescreen resolution (aspect ratio 16:9). In fact, considering this, they must be played as is even not changing the parameter above.

Thank you so much! :) All my videos are 16:9 and your suggestion fixed first 2 out of 4 videos. Other two plays widescreen but they are smaller somehow. Even though all for videos are the same size and resolution.

Marked as best answer by endthewars on January 12, 2020, 07:59:42 PM

Offline Mamita

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 04:41:04 AM »
I would suggest implementation into the UP +!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »

He already contacted me about that, but I don't believe they should go into the patch as they are neither a fix nor a restoration, but HD remastered content! I think he should merge his work with the HD mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-ai-hd-textures/downloads/vtmb-ai-hd-textures-v19

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 08:49:06 AM »
You could pick some of these textures (just those in very low resolution in the original game files)....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 08:10:46 PM »

Thank you, I already contacted Wesp5 about it. Sadly he told me it doesn't fit into the scope of his patch. It is his work and I respect that.

He already contacted me about that, but I don't believe they should go into the patch as they are neither a fix nor a restoration, but HD remastered content! I think he should merge his work with the HD mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-ai-hd-textures/downloads/vtmb-ai-hd-textures-v19

Well, I would argue they fix how ugly and low resolution the original files are, but I respect your opinion. :P

Either way, anyone is free to use these files as they please.

(By the way Wesp5, whatever happened to that motorcycle model I sent you all those years ago? :D You forgot about that didn't you?)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 10:17:43 PM »
(By the way Wesp5, whatever happened to that motorcycle model I sent you all those years ago? :D You forgot about that didn't you?)

I barely remember it. Wasn't the problem that it wasn't solid? Besides it not being a fix or a restoration either. I think the WW2 mod uses many new models though ...

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 11:47:12 PM »

I barely remember it. Wasn't the problem that it wasn't solid? Besides it not being a fix or a restoration either. I think the WW2 mod uses many new models though ...

I am surprised you remembered it at all :) Even I didn't remember anything about it until this morning. I just jokingly mentioned it :)

I never was able to solve that solid problem. If I remember correctly, we talked about the possibility of putting it in a inaccessible place (like that car park behind fences near the haunted mansion) but I suppose it didn't make the cut and it is better this way.

You know, Bloodlines have it out for me. Nothing I ever try works properly, no matter how much work and time I put into it. Even things I know that should work doesn't. (mainly because of the engine) I am still trying to give interiors to all cars. (yeah, that project, if you remember it, still going on. I have started from scratch for the 9000th time, always a new and different approach) I have a transparency problem I can't fix and I am not even sure it can be fixed at this point. I may be on to something though. Helicopter model might be holding the secret that I need. We will see.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:27 AM »
I never was able to solve that solid problem.

It can easily be fixed in new maps, so if the bike is old enough, the WW2 mood might have use for it. They included lots of new vehicles!

You know, Bloodlines have it out for me. Nothing I ever try works properly, no matter how much work and time I put into it.

I know. I'm hoping for years to finish the patch but everytime something new congress up...

Helicopter model might be holding the secret that I need. We will see.

The helicopter has something transparent? The rotors?

Offline MooCHa

• Nelapsi
  • Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 03:42:01 PM »
I never was able to solve that solid problem. If I remember correctly, we talked about the possibility of putting it in a inaccessible place (like that car park behind fences near the haunted mansion) but I suppose it didn't make the cut and it is better this way.

You could try taking a prop like a wooden box. Make it all transparent. Shape it to surround the Motorbike and plop it right on the same coordinates to give the effect of it being solid. Not tested, but might work.
Regards...

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 06:10:23 PM »
The helicopter has something transparent? The rotors?

It has semi transparent windows with tinted glass and the glass isn't a separate model like taxi for example.

I am trying to give a real interior to all cars without actually replacing the original models, but whenever I try to give some semi transparency to windows, whole car becomes semi transparent. If I wanted to make windows fully transparent, I could just do that because it just works. No matter what I tried, I just couldn't find a way to make them semi transparent.

You could try taking a prop like a wooden box. Make it all transparent. Shape it to surround the Motorbike and plop it right on the same coordinates to give the effect of it being solid. Not tested, but might work.

I believe I tried something similar and it just didn't work. When you change the shape, it either isn't solid anymore, or it is solid but only the size it was before you changed it.

I can't test it again anyway, I no longer have that model. I had a hdd crash right after I sent it to Wesp5. (Which was years an years ago)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 06:24:13 PM by endthewars »

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 08:41:16 PM »
Small update:

I wasn't wrong, helicopter model proves partial transparency could be achieved in the same model. It doesn't need to be separate models like taxi (where windows are a separate model) but it isn't exactly what I wanted. Helicopter model achieves it using separate groups inside the same model. I guessed that would be possible, but I would have to modify the original model too much. And considering how many models I would have to modify, I doubt I would be able to do it. I wanted to achieve same thing on texture level, but I guess it either isn't possible, or I haven't found how to do it yet.

Offline edx

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 08:03:48 PM »
Hello,

In all likelihood, this will not be useful to anyone, but I remastered media files of Bloodlines. All these high quality and widescreen.

You can download it here:
https://filebin.net/7wa8nlhyi6sajdad/media.rar?t=gxswyvua

Sadly game doesn't play it as widescreen, but yeah. There it is.

Link says not found, any chance of a reupload? Thanks!

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 11:14:19 PM »
Hello,

You can download it here:
https://filebin.net/7wa8nlhyi6sajdad/media.rar?t=gxswyvua

Sadly game doesn't play it as widescreen, but yeah. There it is.

Link says not found, any chance of a reupload? Thanks!

Here you go:

https://filebin.net/1g8q44115rhrr4r5

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal