collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Basic (Re)Skinning Tutorial  (Read 12729 times)

Offline [archive] H2HSnake31347029

• Fledgling
Re: Basic (Re)Skinning Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
                ok can't wait cause not knowing these things stops me from releasing my models happy  i don't know exactly what to repleace.I'll give You an example.
 I've made textures for goth girl and lets say i made 4 kinds for 4 armors, and now i want to use them as a malkavian models in game and i want the npc goth girl to stay the same all in white happy what should i do?pls tell me maybe it'll be temporary tutorial for the rest of poeople making repleacements here happy btw i've made a backup files for models i am editing,the sad thing is that i didn't make the backup for venus textures,i've downloaded a skin,and after installing it it's so ulgy and i can't get old venus back,can anyone help me?                        

Offline [archive] HellwolveII

• Fledgling
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »
                I'll make that new tut when I've got the time, not sooner. Sorry ;-)                        

Offline [archive] Commander_1813320485

• Fledgling
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 03:35:00 AM »
                I'm getting stuck in the one part of the tutorial where it says: "I'll skip that bit, and assume you've altered the .tga in some cool way. Save this altered .tga as an .dds."

My Adobe photoshop 7 does not have a .dds format nor does any other image editing software that I own.                        

Offline [archive] MooCHa2

• Antediluvian
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 03:42:00 AM »
                The plugin you need:

http://download.nvidia.com/developer/NVTextureSuite/NVIDIA_Photoshop_Plugins_6.6.0827.1800.exe                        

Offline [archive] Commander_1813320485

• Fledgling
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 03:43:00 AM »
                In Reply To #34
 Thanks.
 Notice I'm replying as a different person... well I accidently logged into my wrong gamespy profile.                        

Offline [archive] ReAnimator34020190

• Fledgling
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2005, 04:41:00 AM »
                In Reply To #25
 Heres the Protean Beastform model I made with normal mapping and two lights sources see the difference it makes. The last two pics show the light sources and actual mesh density

Its pretty amazing technology.. and I really dig it!
 -R                        

Offline [archive] Hellwolve

• Neonate
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2005, 05:10:00 AM »
                Aww, man, don't taunt us like that ;-P

Instead, get working on getting it in-game :-D

;-)                        

-----signature-----
           -----------------------
 "I heard his eerie howling, the lone wolf calling his kindred across the plains"    

Offline [archive] ReAnimator34020190

• Fledgling
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »
                In Reply To #37
 I taunt you a second time

-R                        

• Neonate
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »

ReAnimator posted:

In Reply To #37
 I taunt you a second time

Argh! Not very nice...safe for the fact the image itself is nice...a paradox ;-)                        

-----signature-----
           -----------------------
 "I heard his eerie howling, the lone wolf calling his kindred across the plains"    

Offline [archive] Espio_Colditz648

• Fledgling
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
                In Reply To #39

Alright, I'm sorry for this uber noob question in advance. I've looked for Adode Photoshop and it is regretably a little pricey (£500.00), however there is Photoshop Elements. I was wondering if elements can still convert the TGA's back to TTZ, or have I lucked out? I tried  to download The Gimp program, but the download would not start either.                        

-----signature-----
           -Sab thought Doom 3 was good, but wanted to play Half -Life 2 more.-    

• Neonate
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
                Neither Elements or the commerical version can do that; you need Turfster's tool for that, which works independtly of either version.                        

-----signature-----
           -----------------------

• Fledgling
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »
                In Reply To #41

Sorry, I've confused you. (Ducks for thrown objects) What I meant to say was is the adobe photoshop elements program capable of saving files into .dds format? I've never had any experience with adobe photoshop (ducks again), and don't want to blow £68.00 on the retail of elements if it cannot save the texture into the format needed.

Thank you for answering my super noodle brained questions in advance.                        

-----signature-----

• Neonate
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2005, 05:29:00 AM »
                Neither Elements or the commerical version can do that all by themselves; you need nVidia's DDS plug-in. Unfortunatly, I have no idea if that plug-in will work with Elements.

But, you don't neccesarily have to use DDS. It's the fastest way, but you can also convert an .tga to .vtf, and from .vtf to .ttz and .tth

It's a lengthier process, and more difficult, but that's all. For the .tga to .vtf conversion you will need a tool. Using Google should net you some good tools; I prefer tga2vtf, an command line utility.                        

-----signature-----
           -----------------------

Offline [archive] mojo_jojo2525

• Fledgling
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
                is there an adv. skinning tutorial out there somewhere for bloodlines?? i feel like trying my hand at skinning so far all i've done are some charater modeling for another game i play...and i can only dream of modeling for this one...if only the tools would come out                        

-----signature-----
           "My Obvious Charms and god-like powers always dazzle the simple, ordinary folk." --Dark Schneider

• Fledgling
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
                In Reply To #43

Having a small problem with that utility, it's saying it is having problems finding the output directory for the image I'm converting. The image is in the right folder, but it's saying it cannot find the output folder which is in the right place and has been unaltered since I downloaded it.

-----signature-----

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal