collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Argikt mod final version...  (Read 3056 times)

Online argikt

• Methuselah
Re: Argikt mod final version...
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2018, 05:00:41 PM »
nice... :smile:

this is the last quest in hollywood, there's another one in lotus blossom after you rescue kiki...

Enjoy!

Offline Edreyn

• Fledgling
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2018, 05:39:18 PM »
Just finished the mages storyline. Except the bug with the guard, I really liked it. Very nice new hubs, and great storyline!

Online argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2018, 06:02:02 PM »
Thanks! I like yhat you enjoyed, also I accept the critics about CDC door (i knew this bug and so...) :smile:

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2018, 02:25:21 AM »
Hello there.

Lately I stumbled by chance in my Michaella mod files, and since then I am hearing a voice wispering I can't let it go to waste. And as each time Bloodlines modding get back in my mind, here I am coming back to Planet Vampire.
The modding workshop looks active, it's warming though I didn't quite catch up with everything new.

I saw this:

Made it through Chinatown.

Of the Chinese Game quest, I will say this: it was a lot more than I expected. I was honestly surprised at the size of the new building. The interior was well designed.
However, it was impossible to figure out what to do after I found the locked door. I wracked my brains and tried to think of everything. I even went so far as to check every wall lamp in case any were Grout-style switches.
In the end I ended up noclipping.
I will say that it would be nice to be given some sort of clue, at least having a two-npc conversation you can eavesdrop on mention the sewers, to put the thought into the players head. I was sort of disappointed I couldn't play "The Game" myself. That would be a neat alternative route; Try to play the game, lose, then after the PC leaves reuse the Downtown Introduction cutscene animations to have the PC be knocked out, only to wake up to the horrified eyes of the Doctor.
Speaking of whom, I very much disagree with losing humanity for killing him; An oversight on your part I guess.
As to the quest reward, it'd be nice to get a new blood doll, or perhaps a humanity gain.

All in all, I'm guessing Aloysius wrote the plot, to which I salute you; 'twas actually rather mind-blowing. I especially liked the Doctor's speech regarding hope.

The quest was actually a quick adaptation from X-files Hell money episode, the plot seemed perfect to fit into Bloodlines. It was more a break time to brieve from my main mod which spawn during almost the entire game.

About the bugs or difficulties reported:
My original version isn't including humanity loss for killing Doctor Meng.
You can gain humanity by not taking Hsin Lu's reward at the end.
Her disapearance is actually on purpose. With a dialog path she may tell you to come back later but she is lying. Woudn't you?
To get the inner doors of the club open, you could simply start killing as a not subtle alternative to the sewers. When guards become hostile, some relay start to make the civilians flee the club, then if you kill all 14 guards, inner doors are opening.
But I didn't think that thinking of the sewers would be so unexpected, the game already portray them as a mean to come and go, even to access some buildings differently in other hubs. Beside even if you could open the doors from the social front of the club, do you think the guards would just let you pass? They also become hostile if you go back to the social front after opening the inner doors from the back. So looking for a other entrance felt logical enough.

I am reading all this from my original files but I remember testing the quest in depth before releasing the files so it seem you made a few changes, maybe not on purpose beside remaking my map, Argikt?
I don't mind as I think I told you, anything I released, and hopefully will release, is free of use. If you remade the map from scratch and didn't just reworked on mine, it's possible you missed a few entities/outputs necessary to my full py file? It shoudn't have affected the humanity gain from Hsin Lu though, as it is in her dlg.

Last, the playing 'The Game' idea is cool but it woudn't fit the mindset in which the chinatown people are 'playing' it. But who know, I might expand the storyline on a rainy day, or after completing my big mod.

Anyway, I kind of liked my original map, you know, someone has to like my maps even if it's, only me. You kids haven't seen the last of Aloysius's great maps. Mh ha ha ha...

Online argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2018, 07:47:25 AM »
Hello Aloysius!! Is good to see you again!

Yes, I made some changes in the gambling map, because looked like huge and impossible to be in the hub. Also added furniture and lamps.
Any other thing in your quest is untouched.
Since all the content in Argikt's mod is set in hollywood I could include yours in the mod without problems. The only thing I would add in your quest is some kind of advice about returning to lotus  another time, because is easy to miss this quest, players don't return there when kiki is rescued.
If you plan to adapt your quest to add for upcoming CQM 4.0 like you do for 3.1 and need some kind of help, I will be happy to help you. :smile:

Also, if you want keep modding and join a big project send me a private.  :vampwink:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2018, 12:07:25 PM »
If you plan to adapt your quest to add for upcoming CQM 4.0 like you do for 3.1 and need some kind of help, I will be happy to help you.

Speaking of which, I have a better idea. Wouldn't it be possible to use these maps in the WWII mod instead of trying to play catch up with the CQM which won't work in the long run ;)? Argikt could probably include the Hollywood and Chinatown maps somewhere in Paris or another hub, where they would fit...

Online argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
yes... could be possible...
Would need changes because "chinese quest" don't match with a 1940' european setting... lol

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »
Likewise, Argikt. Good for you, you have succeeded in finishing this Argikt mod. Unfortunatly I can't check it out, I would rather not deviate my efforts.

Ah mapping... It's mostly about perspectives and though my map for the chinese quest is probably a little large, I don't think of the hubs as 'on size' model to work with.
Hubs are only a image of what they should look like in reality, only having a real sized and walkable large district woudn't be so great in gameplay, and probably not in
modding either.
That's my perspective, and why I don't care much if a new interior map placed on a hub is faithful to it's hub exterior, which are primary chosen for what seem the convenient locations to me.
No problem if you don't have the same perspective.

Anyway it's strange that some things appear to not work as intended in your merged version then, but maybe nobody thought of just killing every guards to see what happen?
Unless there is less or more than 14 guards on your reworked map? You would then need to adjust the G.Ch_gameDead == 14 condition in GameCorridorDoorb(), providing the said guards still have it and ChGameDead() to fire OnDeath.
Or to not take poor Hsin Lu 50 dollars if you don't betray her at the end, regarding the humanity gain?
Not sure how killing Meng would have turn in a humanity loss during your merging process though.
Oh well, obviously the quest remained playable enough.

After serious thinking while testing the advancement of my Michaella mod to refresh my memory on where I was, I decided to not merge my work with CQM 4.0.
Unless I turn out wrong on the thought that Burgermeister has been creating his own new path to play in the main quest of the game, changing it or interfering with loads of vanilla content.
Because so did I, and I am still not finished but even by keeping careful track of everything, which I do for source references, merging might not be only merging but also yet even more new content to create, even possibly change my original content to make it fit.
And I am almost sure I don't want to do that.
The chinese quest is independant from the rest of my work however, so no problem with it being adapted to further versions of CQM if anyone want to do it.
Or add clues, or anything else.

Online argikt

• Methuselah
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2018, 01:57:47 PM »
I really liked your quest and I asked you permission to included for it. I think people don't know of your quest.
Even, I remember email Burgermeister, asking for permission to integrate my quests and yours and he give me permission, but he didn't know your quest.

Don't matter. At this moment I'm working in the WWII mod, that is a very big project, I have no plans of do nothing with argikt mod. When I play CQM 4.0 perhaps I will see if the  integration is easy, then I will ask for permission.

Can you explain us something about "Michaella mod "? :haw:

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2018, 09:27:53 AM »
Yep, Burgermeister once gave me the ok to use CQM 3.0, then CQM 3.1 as my modding base but we didn't keep contact. And since I am only active here, when I am active, and that for all I know you and 3Dell might have been the only people who actually played the chinese quest prior to it's integration in your Argikt mod, well I am not surprise it flew over the head of almost everyone else. I released it back then because it was ready to play and independant from my other files but I wasn't expecting it to get much notice, being only one quest and such.

I read on your WW2 mod, that's bold, and apparently a massive work you and your team already made and even released. It's cool to come back and find more modders. Not sure if I could bring something new to it even without my own mod to finish, you seem to do the same things I do, coding, mapping and writing while we both lack in modeling skills so.

I miss 3Dell. She made a great model for Michaella's character back in the days, she had also made Doctor's Meng model for the chinese quest, and she was even making me a few more unique models but unfortunatly we had a burnout around the same time and it seem she hasn't been active since then either.
Just looking at the Michaella model she left me though, it boost my motivation now.
3Dell, if by chance you read this, I love you.

About Michaella there must have old threads in the section but some things have been rendered obsolete as the mod evolved. It started as a series of linked quests through the different hubs, however it was originally designed to stay outside of the main story or even other side quests.

I almost had finished this first iteration back then, I think it was in 2015 or so but like a curse coming from Cain, maybe mad at me for denying his existence along with the rest of his mythology, some freak accident crashed my hardware and erased the first Michaella project.
I restarted it months later, then started to change things in the story as I had much better ideas, then it came to changing/interfering with the game main story itself to start becoming a real new path to play through. It was going well and far until I burn out.
But I still kept my files safe on a external harddrive, so hope is not lost yet as it only took me 2 years to come back to it...
As for what it speak about, you or someone will hopefully find out in game, in a forseeable future...

* Game Files