collapse

* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Some questions  (Read 4617 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Some questions
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 07:35:04 pm »
There's some way to open that door through dialog?
I don't know if it is possible to unlock the door in dialog directly, but calling a Python script that does it should be possible.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 09:51:28 pm »
Fixed it with some more editing of the map entity....  :facepalm:
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2022, 09:04:05 am »
Another question.

If I may want to test some edits on McFly's dialog which console command should I use?
Likely I should change Story State (to which number?) and if Heather is alive and living in your haven (again, which commands?)

Have a nice day.
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2022, 12:26:34 pm »
You can get info like that from the Python files, in this case the condition is:
G.Story_State >= 30 and G.Heather_Haven and not IsDead("Heather") and G.Heather_Gone == 0 and G.Story_State < 75 and not G.Heather_Lure)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2022, 03:05:49 pm »

Thanks for your quick answer, but.... I've entered Santa Monica hub through map command, then I've tried to copy and paste all of this in the console:

Code: [Select]
G.Story_State >= 30 and G.Heather_Haven and not IsDead("Heather") and G.Heather_Gone == 0 and G.Story_State < 75 and not G.Heather_Lure

entering the haven map it changed nothing (only a "0" from the console)

Should I enter the code directly into the haven map? Or what?

EDIT: I managed to make it work  :razz:  I had to enter the codes separately and changing them a bit. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 03:23:51 pm by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2022, 06:07:41 pm »
EDIT: I managed to make it work  :razz:  I had to enter the codes separately and changing them a bit. Thanks!!
Yep, this is the way it needs to be done. I was just lazy and copied the line out of the Python script :)!

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2022, 07:58:14 pm »
Time to resurrect this topic with another question....

I have one discipline (Chimerstry from my mod) which the 2nd level should raise the PC's seduction and intimidation by two points each. Useful in dialogs if it stays active!
In my tests I only talked to blood dolls which they have the seduction dialog right at the start so it remained active for the first set of dialog lines the PC can pick. But then it will be terminated for the next series of lines.
There's some way for it to not be terminated by the dialog? Otherwise I'll have to change it.... Thanks in advance (and thanks for all your previous help  :cheesy: )
― me

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2022, 10:30:32 pm »
I don't think there is any way not to end disciplines when a dialog starts, but I can think of some ways around the problem.

The easiest would be to make the seduction and intimidation boni a passive effect of the discipline that is permanent for any character who has the discipline. Entenschreck has done something like this for presence in prelude 2. If you want this and he doesn't object I can give you the details.

Or you can do some scripting to activate the discipline once in a dialog and then continue using the effect. The big disadvantage of this is that you have to edit every seduction/intimidation line in every dialog.

Testing if the discipline is active before the dialog and then using the effects would be the best looking, but the problem here is that events_player catches discipline activation but not ending disciplines. So you have to keep track of the time since activation and still have to do the dialog editing.

Decide what you want and I will help implementing your choice.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2022, 08:18:29 am »
Great! Let's try the 1st option  :cheesy:  (hoping he's ok with it, I really don't want to go through dialogs again  :tongue: ) thank you so much

A bit of details: Chimerstry replaces Dominate and it's available to Ravnos (replacing Toreador) and Nephilim (replacing Ventrue).

If you need some files, ask and I will attach them here
― me

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2022, 06:18:11 pm »
Got Entenschreck's okay. I sent you a pm with attached file. With that info you should get it working.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2022, 07:23:03 pm »
Perfect, it works. Except one really minor thing....

Since now the bonus is gained at the moment the 2nd level is bought in the character sheet, using the 2nd level ingame is a bit pointless.For now I've removed the blood cost of this level but what could be a cool use ingame of it? Any ideas?

Maybe I should make it "unusable ingame" by making its recovering time really high, it will still works for the character sheet (and thus in dialogs) but at the cost of not being able to use the particles effects.... (Obviously detailing how it works in the level description).

EDIT: fixed formatting
― me

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2022, 07:31:07 pm »
Hm, I don't know what the other levels do, but maybe you could give minor combat penalties for the enemies as the active effect. Similar to dementation 2.
Since the passive effect is quite useful you might consider making the active one less so. I'd suggest it should reduce hacking by 2 or 3 points. For npcs hacking is resistance to feeding attempts. This would give the player a good advantage in specific situations without being as powerful as presence.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2022, 01:36:03 pm »
Hm, I don't know what the other levels do

Level 1: Trance
Level 2: Mesmerize (the one we've talked about)
Level 3: Vanish (as of Brainwipe)
Level 4: Horror vision (scares the targets, making them flee and powerless)
Level 5: Nightmare (mass heart attacks due to nightmarish illusion)

Maybe one of these (not the 2nd one with all the work we put in it  :tongue: ) should be replaced by something like vanilla Possession

Since the passive effect is quite useful you might consider making the active one less so. I'd suggest it should reduce hacking by 2 or 3 points. For npcs hacking is resistance to feeding attempts. This would give the player a good advantage in specific situations without being as powerful as presence.

I think I will do that (also because in the tutorial it must be usable now that I think about it....)
― me

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2022, 07:30:04 pm »
Resistance to feeding is useless in the tutorial since the enemies there are vampires. But you can change the script so that players should use the first level even if they have the second one.

For adding a posession-like level I'd suggest you remove Vanish, make Horror Vision level 3, and add Posession as level 4.
After all Brainwipe is one of the most useless disciplines, especially since using this doesn't help in missions where you get extra xp for not being detected.
How do you plan the target selection for Horror Vision and Nightmare? Everyone around the player (like presence), everyone in a cone in front of the player or everyone in an area around a main target (like Mass Suicide/Bedlam)?

Online Romka Poet

• Antediluvian
  • Just an ordinary guy
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2022, 07:44:19 pm »
You are wrong about Brainwipe. It's actually quite a useful discipline and can be used successfully in some stealth missions. For example, in the Sabbat warehouse, with its help, you can completely drain the enemy without raising the alarm and without losing bonus experience points for stealth. Or in the parking lot, you can use this discipline on two opponents standing next to each other and quickly drain them both.  :cheesy:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal