collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Hecata mod thread  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
The Hecata mod thread
« on: October 16, 2021, 07:48:17 am »
Some time ago one rude user on Moddb pretended I changed the clans on my mod. While I was stunned by the audacity of this request I was also surprised by the idea he/she proposed. I did actually considered jumping into this madness again  :tongue: .

But time is a cruel mistress so I could only lay out my sketches for the 7 Clans Addon V5 edition:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 04:15:47 pm by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Technically it's easier to adjust all the clans' disciplines without makeup disciplines but how should the two new disciplines have to be remade? And most of all, how can be implement the weaknesses?

Obviously I may do it but this time I prefer to see first if there's interest in it. You want to brainstorm this thread with suggestions, ideas, whatever you want to contribute with? Here's the place. Have a nice day  :wink:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 06:47:29 pm by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Wallit

• Fledgling
Hello,
I am thinking on a Giovanni/Hecata chronicle that I build slowly when I have a bit of time.For their weakness, I was thinking of a modification of the feed triggering a scream and adding a level of masquerade and finish the feeding, but it require to add this to each npc (OnFedUponBegin) like the bumsick during the plague quest but instead of a trigger it is a python function.I really don't know if it is possible to overwrite the OnFedUponBegin in the vamputil (or elsewhere). If I remember Ventrue have some sort of things when drinking on bum but I am not sure and I can't rememeber.
For the discipline as it seems the oblivion ritual/necromancy part are very difficult to implement (at least for me), I was thinking of Dominate/Auspex/Fortitude and a possibility to learn necromancy on the road with few abilities so for this I really have no clue, apart that I see it more like trigger in map/dialog or speaking with ghost or thing like this.
So that's a bit of ideas that I came with when thinking of a Giovanni/Hecata chronicle, not sure it will help you much.
After if you start implementing and are willing to share, that would be very interesting to build a chronicle and have a familly reunion :)

Have a nice day too!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
I really don't know if it is possible to overwrite the OnFedUponBegin in the vamputil (or elsewhere).
We added these scripts to the UP vamputil exactly so that such changes would be easier!

Offline Wallit

• Fledgling
I had a look and can't find anything related to the Feed, I have seen those like OnActivateThaumLvl2 and so on, I also had a look to the event_player and you can't add onFedUponBegin or anything related to this.
So if you could kindly point me where it is that would be great.
Thanks a lot.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Oops, you are right! I didn't check because I thought you already found a suitable script that EntenSchreck added in his long list of scripts. You might want to check if OnUseBegin triggers when feeding on somebody...

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
All the scripts Entenschreck added are for world- and player- events.
Sadly there is no player event for feeding, so you really have to add a OnFedUponBegin event for every npc and use that to call a script for the things you want to do.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Tedious but not impossible.

Anyway....

Banu Haqim: blood addiction
- other than needing more blood they could be able to drank from minor vampire enemies. It's possible?
Hecata: painful kiss
- the antitribu mod managed to do it
Lasombra: distorted image
- the only place where there are cameras is the museum basement, it's possible to give more time to hide from them?
Ministry: Abhors the light
- lights are all above the game, just make them weak in constitution constantly?
Ravnos: Doomed
- frenzier than regular vampires
Salubri: Hunted
- every time they use a discipline it's a masquerade danger. Possible?
Tzimisce: Grounded
- weakened when they goes far from the main hubs (Giovanni, Society of Leopold, ecc.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:58:15 am by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Tedious but not impossible.

Anyway....

Banu Haqim: blood addiction
- other than needing more blood they could be able to drank from minor vampire enemies. It's possible?
For the need of more blood you can either add a simplified version of the CE/TFN bloodtimer or you can set the bloodcost for discipline use higher. If an npc can be bitten is set in the template. I don't know if it is possible to make changes to a template by script or if you can use a script to assign a new template to a character. If both doesn't work you have to create a new npc with a different template on the map and swap as necessary.
Hecata: painful kiss
- the antitribu mod managed to do it
Lasombra: distorted image
- the only place where there are cameras is the museum basement, it's possible to give more time to hide from them?
Afaik a Lasombra can't be seen at all by the cameras. So instead of directly calling the alarm OnFoundPlayer you call a logic_pythoncheck, test if the player is Lasombra, and if he is not call the alarm.
Ministry: Abhors the light
- lights are all above the game, just make them weak in constitution constantly?
You could reduce all soak values, and maybe combat_defense as well. But I don't think you can do it on certain maps only.
Ravnos: Doomed
- frenzier than regular vampires
Making frenzy checks harder to pass is simple. If you also want to make frenzy checks more frequent you'll probably have to write some scripts for it. The damage taken or bloodpool level necessary for frenzy checks are set in stats.txt and I doubt you can change these for one clan only.
Salubri: Hunted
- every time they use a discipline it's a masquerade danger. Possible?
Since the Salubri disciplines are common ones used by several clans you can't just set the "overt" flag. But here you can use the player events Entenschreck has added: check for Salubri and then set a supernatural level.
Tzimisce: Grounded
- weakened when they goes far from the main hubs (Giovanni, Society of Leopold, ecc.)
The weakening effect should also take place on hubs where the character doesn't have a haven. But maybe you could also allow them to set up some "home soil" on the other hubs if they can find a secluded spot to do so.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:59:13 pm by Wesp5 »
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Afaik a Lasombra can't be seen at all by the cameras. So instead of directly calling the alarm OnFoundPlayer you call a logic_pythoncheck, test if the player is Lasombra, and if he is not call the alarm.

I thought in V5 their image digitally recorded is only distorted, not invisible (like their mirror reflections)....

Anyway, a question for Wallit: can you tell more about your chronicles?  :excited:
― me

Offline Wallit

• Fledgling
Re: 7 clans mod: V5 edition (AKA: Another 7 clans mod? Am I out of my mind?!)
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 11:13:42 pm »
For V5 and all the changes as well as a lot of info, I suggest to have a look here: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade_5th_EditionIt is not the books but it is really accurate.

Sorry for the wall of text

For my chronicle, I always have the idea to continue the game or at least make it during in a longer run, so I was thinking of building the chronicle not focus on the main story but having a vampire that has already a year old experience and start a new domain and the story will be sided to the main story. Having to choose which faction before you start Anarch, Tremere camarilla or Giovanni (replacing Ventrue).For example the intro if you are an Anarch will be to go to the theater and assisting to Lacroix speech (I have made some test and this is working fine) but the intro will come a bit later after some introducing quest/settings this is still not so clear for the timeline.
As I have more ideas on Giovanni, I decided to focus on this one first and reutilize the content for the other one later, trying to reuse some of the material already present in game.
The main idea is to start a bit before the fledging embrace and continue up to V5 begining (start of second inquisition, schrecknet hacked and so on) and maybe up to the starting of LA by night (for those who have seen the show).
I still don't know if I need to implement a timer related to the nights to slow a bit the pace and be able to have some time management, for example, you do quest A, quest B it leave one hour before sun so you need to go to your haven (and you can learn some things in the time before sleeping) but as you study and progress you need more time and you have to choose between study or quest, or if you reach a certain amount of night the quest is not anymore available or things have change, it is kinda G.Story_State but on night, for this part I am really unsure of the implementation/gameplay so it might be later, but that would help for the timeline of the story.

I will put all the ideas as for now I have work on some parts but it is kinda raw, I put spoiler in case of
Spoiler for Hiden:
So you start as an envoy to LA by the familly as Victor or Maria Rosselini (Yes this is easy but I really love the Italian dinner)
You will meet someone that envoy you to investigate of a murder of a ghoul in a small area. This small area will be your domain if you want to fight for it (This is under construction and I am still missing some parts of the map).
  • You might help (and after recruit) some ganger that have been kicked off by a new gang that show up, you might win some cash by running the affair.
  • You might have some possibility to have blood from a blood donation for homeless, a facility that might buy blood from them for example and you bride a guy
  • You might win contact/allies
  • You might buy car (change it) from a car seller for traveling you around LA
  • The car seller need to get his monney back from Muddy this will be the let's say first quest investigating the murder, but you can do it in one go ie not waiting for the G.Story_State to open the different map.
  • The final battle is triggered when you are ready and it goes to a kinda moba game like ganger attacking from everywhere and aiming for the haven of your opponent or yourself depending of the side, you previous action reduce the sabbat gang as they have limited amount of men/vampire and you as well
  • You can make stronger your side with some side quest for example Larry might provide some weapons if you do his quest; or you can rescue some prostitue held by sabbat for making monney (make you enter in there haven)
  • Your action might have reaction from sabbat side threatening the guy for the blood or the car dealer for example but that's seem a bit complicated
The murder happen in an italian pizzeria that you might use as a haven. It is due to some sabbat pack that you need to figure out during the event of the main story, at least until Italian Dinner, this is the "domain arc"
  • I like the idea of a pack trying to mess with Santa Monica (Therese as a sentence related to a sabbat attack) so it could be using Gimble, the sabbat scout disappearing,SM under attack by Sabbat, one of homeless in your domain is missing and the body is found in SM as a macquarade breach, things like this, that's not so clear for this part at least I miss some links between them.
After some questing and dealing with your foe (or loosing to it), you will receive an invitation for the Italian Dinner this is the "find the traitor arc"
  • It would be nice to have some interaction before with the 3 "competitors" but it might be hard to implement
  • You will assist the speech from Bruno
  • The sarcophagus will disappear (obviously) as well as Bruno after the incident
  • You will meet a mentor during the dinner to investigate the disappearance of uncle Bruno
  • After some search Bruno has been held captive by Kuejin and accountable for the failure (missing some links between the event)
  • It has been manipulated by a traitor for the sarcophagus who then give it to Kuejin to win power in familly
  • You find the traitor (I don't know yet the fate of Bruno but it could be left in mystery)
  • You finish this arc with the scene of the boat and the traitor put in a block of cement and throw in the sea (like sabbat/kuejin ending) like old school mafia type
Then you can enhance your domain and rebuild confidence to the Anarch (it is happening after Lacroix is defeated) let's call it building arc
  • Helping Therese deal with Ocean's house (the murder could be tamed by your mentor/Bruno/Traitor (if you don't figure out what happen) or do it before finding not sure of the timeline here so things might change/adapt but I like the idea of the player helping him to have a strong ghost
  • You might keep the ghost with the pendant for yourself (not sure about that) as an ally keeping the pendant, finding some objects related like the pull toy but it might require some necromancy, I really don't know how to handle it from Necromancy point of view
  • Fixing the cemetary for Isaac (it could be looking for some objects and accomplishing a ritual (by you or your mentor) in the cemetarry due to some sabbat messing in Hollywood (probably the tremere that will be part of the previous pack and get send to his destiny in hallowbrook hotel)
  • It could be nice to include the npc that you help from italian dinner in different part (as a pupil or something else)
  • You might deal with the loosers (not sure about that)
  • you might help the milliner girl to save her life as the traitor will blame her (let's say she get seduced) again to be seen in the timeline
  • You might investigate the lost of the book of dead, that will lead to Pisha and why not do a bit of travel around the world, always be close but never catch her
  • If you help Venus, you might face an angry Russian Ventrue that will attack you in your domain
  • The plague quest could happen here
  • The restaurant quest could be used
  • Implementing Heather as part of familly ?
  • This part could implement different other quests or other ideas: progressing in Necromancy/ in skills, making monney, investing in domain, in security of haven, hire some men as ghoul,  if you help Isaac it might thank you with a flat (I like a flat with a view of the cemetarry like in the building that we see when we are inside) close to the cemetarry or the access to the cemetary but Gary might not like it well
After you have the second inquisition attack arc (kind of same time as the Vienna attack and things that happen in V5 metaplot )
  • After an invitation in Giovanni manor, it will be attacked by the second inquisition due to schrecknet hack
  • You need to escape them
  • Your domain/haven might also be under attack
  • You will need to find somewhere else and getting low
  • Spirit might get crazy
  • You might rescue some people/valuable asset from second inquisition
And the "familly reunion" arc
  • You will contact / deal with other parts of familly in LA to "build" Hecata and not be an easy target for other sect/clan
  • I am thinking of Dennis as a samedi in some caribean club somewhere in LA
  • Could be other clan (but this I don't have ideas yet)
  • You might save some cappadocian just letting out from torpor and having some black pest (but it is hard to implement it in LA so it might require some work for the travel/settings as well as a model with a monk dress)
  • Pisha will send someone to give you back the missing book and it will increase your necromancy (or start to have it)
  • And you have the familly reunion in LA
  • And you might become the boss in LA for Hecata (not sure about that)
And after to be continued and so on but honestly if I reach this point I think I will be very happy. I took LA because some part are already implemented or easy to change but it could be done in other city (I have cs go and some object like vespa could give some nice Italian touch)

That's all :)
Don't hesitate if you have question or need some clarification or have ideas or other things

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 03:36:34 am »
Nice!
Just a suggestion: why not a full Giovanni experience? Only Hecata clan and bloodlines!
- la famiglia Giovanni
- Cappadocians
- Harbingers
- Samedi
- Lamiah
- Pisanob (that bloodline in central America)
- the families (a mix of the minor bloodlines, just to fill the spot  :tongue: )
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 03:39:55 am by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Wallit

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 09:09:54 am »
Well for the full Hecata, I really don't know how to implement so different settings, or the story need to start at the familly reunion, but that's means that all the previous idea are not implemented or doing a time travel in the past or implementing them after the familly reunion I really didn't think about this so maybe it is doable.
I really liked the idea of the player going back to his haven and having in the news the SM warehouse blow up or the fire in griffith park, or reading the newspaper but maybe there is not much added value.
But maybe something like having different character story could be done like you start the first part as Rosselini and after you might use some other member of familly kinda the same as the companion mod.

Or to directly change the city and put it somewhere else but that's mean a lot of work for some objects like car, signalisation, a good candidate would be Florence (it is full Hecata) or Milan (after the defection of Archbishop to the camarilla) but tha's really a lot of work, at least the stuff from cs go could help in that case but I need to test how to import/convert for bloodlines.

I don't know, I need to think about that.
Thanks for the input!

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 01:00:08 pm »
If I have your modding skills I would made a story parallel to the one in Bloodlines. It would start at the Bruno's party, you're inside the room where Bruno is making his speech. The Bloodlines fledgling would attack the guards outside and as Bruno jumps out fighting him/her you would be escorted outside by your own bodyguard. At the end of the night you are the only member of the family of relevance who didn't met the final death and you have to rebuild the empire....
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 02:50:33 pm by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 02:51:34 pm »
Reformatted my previous message, sorry for the inconvenience  :razz:
― me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal