collapse

Author Topic: "Peek-A-Boob" Malk Experiment - #1  (Read 9143 times)

Marked as best answer by on September 15, 2019, 12:49:28 PM

Offline [archive] Tessera72751098

• Methuselah
Re: "Peek-A-Boob" Malk Experiment - #1
« on: February 03, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  •                 <yellow>Topless Malk Experiment -- #1</yellow>

I have lots of free time in the winter, so I've been having fun turning the female Malkavian player characters into sexpots (which they sort-of already were to begin with). Hey... it's a hobby. It beats stamp collecting.

So... my latest experiment is an attempt to turn the first Malk armor model into a "peek-a-boo" version. Suggestions are welcomed.

You can see it here:

http://www.tessmage.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/Topless_Malkavian_Experiment_01.jpg
     <black>.</black>
     <red>WARNING: that picture features nudity, obviously. Do not click on that link if such things bother you.</red>

It's a rough beginning and I'll keep working at it. There are texture stretching issues and other problems, but nothing that can't be fixed, given time. Anyway, it's just a fun little re-skin for a Malk girl and if I decide that it's good enough when I'm finished, then I'll add it to my download site. I tend to obsess over re-skin jobs for weeks... so this is far, far from finished.

Cheers,

- Tessera -

<black>.</black>
     <white>EDIT: first revision...</white>
     http://www.tessmage.com/images/Topless_Malk_revision_2.jpg
     <black>.</black>
     We're still working on it (my GF is also helping me with a few details on the coloring). What I need is bump maps, dammit.                        

Offline [archive] Anaximander57641248

• Fledgling
    « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
                    Hmmm... Well, as you said yourself it is a rough beginning, but this looks promising.  

I took a look at your topless Heather experiment video as well.  How's that coming along?                        

-----signature-----
               <blue>You can't have manslaughter without laughter!</blue>    

• Methuselah
    « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #2

Anaximander posted:

Hmmm... Well, as you said yourself it is a rough beginning, but this looks promising.  

I took a look at your topless Heather experiment video as well.  How's that coming along?

Still some clipping issues where Heather's bra meets her chest. Some of that was already there, before I started on her, but I'd still like to get rid of it (or at least minimize it).

The Malk is turning out to be a lot easier. I may dump the floral stuff on her top, though and go with black trimmings or something instead. Another alternative is to just tear her entire shirt off... LOL. Suggestions are definitely welcomed. I don't want to lose her spooky look, but I think I can find a happy medium between skin and scary, if I don't overdo it.                        

• Fledgling
    « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #3

Tessera posted:

I may dump the floral stuff on her top, though and go with black trimmings or something instead.

I guess that depends on the look that you're going for.  The floral stuff is more feminine, while the black trimmings would be more goth. Since the character is both female and a vampire, I could go either way on that one.  How about floral trimming with black roses?

Another alternative is to just tear her entire shirt off... LOL.

Sounds good to me!                        

-----signature-----

• Methuselah
    « Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #4

Anaximander posted:
    I guess that depends on the look that you're going for.  

ROFLMAO here... you wanna see what look I'm going for..?

Keep in mind that she's Malkavian and a total fruitcake... so, let's try this:

<white>CHRISTMAS MALK..!!!</white>

http://www.tessmage.com/images/Topless_Malk_revision_3s.jpg
     <black>.</black>
     LOLOLOLOLOL... okay, see -- this is what happens when I don't take a break for 6 hours. I think it's kinda cute, though... she looks like Santa's little helper, gone horribly wrong.
     <black>.</black>
     EDIT to add: a short test video of her jiggling, after being re-skinned...
     <black>.</black>
     http://www.tessmage.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-198
     <black>.</black>

• Fledgling
    « Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »
                    Ha!  The color scheme may be a bit silly, but adding color to the shirt makes it easier to tell exactly where clothing ends and flesh begins.

-----signature-----

Offline [archive] Beerdude26

• Fledgling
    « Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
                    If you still need help on the bumpmaps:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

Use the bumpmap filter in Photoshop on your texture, convert it to DDS (with the correct mipmaps), then use VPKTool to convert it to TTZ.                        

• Methuselah
    « Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 03:19:00 AM »
                    In Reply To #6

I'm also experimenting with her eyes. This version gives her some creepy, doped-up looking eyes:

I'm trying to counter-balance the sexpot look with a more mentally disturbed Malk look, so I drew this pair with that in mind. Her eyes are very easy to change, so I'm sure I'll try quite a few other ideas later on.

Offline [archive] Vongetta

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »
                    Excellent work, Tess...I think the eyes make her look a lot more Malkavian. happy  I like the ripped-looking top, but I have a serious problem with the color of her nipples. They're too close to the color of her top, so when I first saw it, I had trouble differentiating...I thought the "nipples" were part of the design of her top! ROFL!

Can I ask that you color her nipples slightly darker? a more natural looking brown-pink?

Otherwise, it's perfect.                        

-----signature-----
               "Only the insane equate pain with success." - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice
     Currently playing: Samantha James - Rain

Offline [archive] Slaydin

• Methuselah
    « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 06:31:00 AM »
                    Hey Tess. Why don't you show them your "other" Malkavian skin? The one you started with before this one and is complete?

heheheheheh                        

• Methuselah
    « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 06:52:00 AM »
                    In Reply To #8

Valoris posted:

Excellent work, Tess...I think the eyes make her look a lot more Malkavian. happy  I like the ripped-looking top, but I have a serious problem with the color of her nipples. They're too close to the color of her top, so when I first saw it, I had trouble differentiating...I thought the "nipples" were part of the design of her top! ROFL!

Can I ask that you color her nipples slightly darker? a more natural looking brown-pink?

Otherwise, it's perfect.</quote>

Yep, many thanks for the suggestions and what I've been doing is making her clothing darker and adjusting her skintone a little at a time. I agree with what you've said. She actually looks quite a bit different right now than she does in those pics. I'll post some more shots of her, after I finish doing the pixel-by-pixel feather-edging (which is about half finished right now -- it's time consuming).
     <black>.</black>
     <white>EDIT: see if this looks any better to ya:</white>
     http://www.tessmage.com/images/Malk_topless_ver7.jpg
     <black>.</black>
     <quote by="Slayden">
     Hey Tess. Why don't you show them your "other" Malkavian skin? The one you started with before this one and is complete?

heheheheheh

LOL... yah, I wish I could post those pics here, but the moderator had to yank one of them the last time. It's even better now, actually... her crotch just got a slight enhancement done to it on all four Malk models. Definitely keep checking my Gallery, because I post new stuff there every time I make any major changes to these mods.

<white>Here's a new one of the cowgirl outfit:</white>

http://www.tessmage.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/Cowgirl_Malk_bottomless_06.jpg

Thanks for the good words, guys. I'm still working on this one, but it's coming along pretty decently so far.                        

Offline [archive] Vongetta

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
                    Better, Tess...but I still think the nipples are too pink...I've never seen natural nipples that are such a light baby pink...they tend to darken a little as girls get older.

Sorry!                        

-----signature-----
               "Only the insane equate pain with success." - Cheshire Cat, American McGee's Alice
     Currently playing: Samantha James - Rain

• Methuselah
    "Peek-A-Boob" Malk Experiment - #1
    « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #12

Valoris posted:

Better, Tess...but I still think the nipples are too pink...I've never seen natural nipples that are such a light baby pink...they tend to darken a little as girls get older.

Sorry!

Heh... well, her nipples were lifted directly from a photo of a real woman, Val... so obviously, they're a natural color LOL. I agree with you about them not looking right on a green-skinned vamp, however. I'm going to mess with them some more today.

<white>On the bump-mapping issue:</white> I've decided not to bother with it, because I don't think the engine deals with them on characters very well. At least, not for me. It would be better if I just lifted the mesh slightly, but the last time I tried that was on Heather and it crashed the game. If someone else would like to collaborate on that part of this project, then I'm all for it. It would be nice if her nips stood out properly into the air a bit.
     <black>.</black>
     <black>.</black>
     <yellow>EDITS:</yellow>
     <black>.</black>
     Slight technical error...
     <black>.</black>

<black>.</black>
     Fortunately, that was fixed. Next, more chest and color adjustments, plus mipmaps...
     <black>.</black>
     http://www.tessmage.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-201
     <black>.</black>