collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What did you today in the World of Darkness?  (Read 10579 times)

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: What did you today in the World of Darkness?
« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2020, 10:49:56 pm »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #286 on: May 20, 2020, 02:20:54 pm »
Hanna managed to save Becketts associate and defeated the Lasombra. It wasn't exactly a glorious fight, more a running around the columns with Obfuscate on and try to get a good shot with the crossbow and the firebolts. But it worked and the Lasombra is dust. Seems, like he borrowed one of Andreis creatures though. Luckily, Hanna dispatched it, before it could hurt the humans in the library.
Now on to Mitnicks second quest, the theater. I was never happier to have Obfuscate.

Turned out, I didn't even need Obfuscate in this one. So I did the Hollywood hub for Mitnick too - this time heavily with Obfuscate. I find that one pretty hard without.
Did some posterquests for Gary too - not that I care for any of the posters, apart from maybe Damsel (but that poster isn't really nice either), but the more Gary, the better, so to keep the emails going, I do the quests.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:51:55 pm by fylimar »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #287 on: May 20, 2020, 05:36:00 pm »
A small question, for anyone that knows:

As we all know, you can get XP points for a stealthy playthrough of the Sabbat Warehouse.

How does it work though ? Do you get points for not being detected and not killing everyone ? Do you get points depending on wether you killed people but still weren't detected ?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2020, 05:45:50 pm »
I don't know how it works in the basic patch. In plus you get the bonus if noone has seen you when you activate the bomb. Stealth kills and instant-killing disciplines are okay, but if the guy you kill has seen you, the bonus is gone. Even if there were no witnesses.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #289 on: May 20, 2020, 05:52:51 pm »
Yes, I botched that stealthy reward by running into a guy on my way to the office in the warehouse. I didn't want to reload, so there you go. Plus is, when you manage to stealth your way through, those Sabbat vampires wouldn't turn up.

― Doctor Who

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #290 on: May 20, 2020, 07:29:43 pm »
I don't know how it works in the basic patch.
In the basic patch you get the bonus if you kill nobody. Which makes no sense because Bertram says: "So if you get in there and have to bust a few heads... don't feel bad. Think of it as "upholding the Masquerade"."

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #291 on: May 20, 2020, 08:18:18 pm »
Awesome sauce then. One more point as long as the kills are stealthy. Thanks guys.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #292 on: May 21, 2020, 01:33:17 am »
My Gangrel is in the Ocean House Hotel one of my favorite places in the game.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #293 on: May 21, 2020, 02:17:55 am »

Unpopular opinion: Grout's mansion is scarier.

At least to me ! It just seems much more sickening to me somehow. I went through it the first time and had a bit of nausea. Wonderful place.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #294 on: May 21, 2020, 03:03:34 am »

Unpopular opinion: Grout's mansion is scarier.

At least to me ! It just seems much more sickening to me somehow. I went through it the first time and had a bit of nausea. Wonderful place.

Hmm, I did not find Grout's mansion to be that scary I found it disturbingly creepy.  I especially like Grout's recording which chronicles his decent into paranoia due to his Malkavain insight. Another place I found creepy was the old hospital where Pisha is staying.  The first time I went there it was creepy, plus like Grout's Mansion and the Ocean House Hotel it has great atmosphere.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #295 on: May 21, 2020, 05:48:46 am »
Blew up the warehouse and spoke to LaCroix.  Am going to go to the old hospital and see Pisha.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #296 on: May 21, 2020, 05:54:39 am »
I always make a point in doing most of the Downtown stuff before speaking to LaCroix.
The Malkavian Mansion is creepy in another way than the Ocean House Hotel for me. All those creeped out ghouls and the maze and Grouts growing fear...

― Doctor Who

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #297 on: May 22, 2020, 12:11:42 am »
I'm with Talyn82 - I've never been so creeped out in a game as the first time in the Ocean House.  Grout's mansion is more ridiculous then scary IMO. 

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #298 on: May 22, 2020, 12:25:37 am »
I'm with Talyn82 - I've never been so creeped out in a game as the first time in the Ocean House.  Grout's mansion is more ridiculous then scary IMO.

Madness I say ! MADNESS !!!

It's a great thing that Bloodlines does not miss the mark at all when it came to it's horror aspect. How many RPG's out there are as scary as Bloodlines ? I can't really think of many, if any at all.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #299 on: May 22, 2020, 01:02:52 am »

Madness I say ! MADNESS !!!

It's a great thing that Bloodlines does not miss the mark at all when it came to it's horror aspect. How many RPG's out there are as scary as Bloodlines ? I can't really think of many, if any at all.

Lol, when I first played Bloodlines I kept on reminding myself I am a monster I have no fear when in the creepier places like the hotel.

Another place I found creepy was the crack house.  Seeing the zombies just stand still, and then start to move when the player gets closer was creepy.
Vae Victus! -Kain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal