collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What did you today in the World of Darkness?  (Read 10705 times)

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: What did you today in the World of Darkness?
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2020, 01:56:24 pm »
Yeah, I remember, we talked about the Malkavian subject. I always picture my Malk girl saying those things with a calm, conversational tone, with the sole purpose to making it more shocking. I think, Strauss takes it the best. When you tell him, you see him with a crown, he just laughs and is totally chilled about it, while the Anarchs are all freaking out, just because you use a bit more flowery speech. I wouldn't trust Strauss as much as I can throw him without vampiric power, but he is one of the more open minded vampires, when it comes to other clans. Gary is really cool about you being a Malkavian too, he just tries to convince you, he is a new voice in your head, which is hilarious.

Oh boy, I might really have to do that Malkavian run sooner rather than later  :razz:

Their disciplines do sound like a lot of fun as well. I am excited about obfuscation more than the other two (haven't used dementation yet) since being invisible does work very well in the game.
I can't believe, you never did a Malkavian run. I even did a Toreador run and I hate that clan (of course my Torrie did go all darkside and joined Andrei in the CQM). And Malkavian is fun. Dementation works a bit like Dominate in that you will suggest people to do things, they won't do normally (like just forget you are here or attack others - or just drop dead). Auspex is really useful too - it raises your perception and wits and you can see enemies sooner.
About Obfuscate: You can't outstealth everythingthing - for example the zombies in Bishop Vics house will always see you (the bishop won't funnily enoough, you can go to stealth during the fight and surprise him), the werewolf will see (smell?) you and most of the Sabbat in Hollowbrook will see you - that is either, because once you come out of Obfuscate you can't go vanish again, while enemies are still looking at you, or some enemies are just scripted to detect you (werewolf and zombies among others). But you can outrun a lot. Back before UP+ patch with the sweet shortcut through the sewers, I outstealthed nearly all Tzimisce creatures, even the big one, that is a boss. You only really have to fight those, that are near things, that will help you go further.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2020, 03:33:55 pm »
I can't believe, you never did a Malkavian run. I even did a Toreador run and I hate that clan (of course my Torrie did go all darkside and joined Andrei in the CQM). And Malkavian is fun. Dementation works a bit like Dominate in that you will suggest people to do things, they won't do normally (like just forget you are here or attack others - or just drop dead). Auspex is really useful too - it raises your perception and wits and you can see enemies sooner.

I know, it's crazy I haven't played one yet ! Thing is that when I'm playing other clans I'm usually missing stuff I love doing as my male Toreador. I mean, sure the Tremeres have a bunch of great powers but it feels like you're juggling too much if you're running with guns and melee as well. Nosferatu are awesome as well but you really gotta commit to a playthrough without ANY seduction whatsoever.

Thus, no one feels my void like this beautiful monster:

(I will deffinitely play Malk though :cometome: )

About Obfuscate: You can't outstealth everythingthing - for example the zombies in Bishop Vics house will always see you (the bishop won't funnily enoough, you can go to stealth during the fight and surprise him), the werewolf will see (smell?) you and most of the Sabbat in Hollowbrook will see you - that is either, because once you come out of Obfuscate you can't go vanish again, while enemies are still looking at you, or some enemies are just scripted to detect you (werewolf and zombies among others). But you can outrun a lot. Back before UP+ patch with the sweet shortcut through the sewers, I outstealthed nearly all Tzimisce creatures, even the big one, that is a boss. You only really have to fight those, that are near things, that will help you go further.
Luckily most of those aren't too hard... except the werewolf.

He's quite a breeze if you have celerity and know what you're doing but I can see how a Malk might struggle a bit more.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2020, 03:47:05 pm »
You probably don't want to hear it, but the Toreador character models, both male and female, are the worst for me. They look too generic and bland. All other characters have something special about them imo (not always good - I don't get the crazy clothing of teh default Malks or the sm-thingy going on with the Nosferatu), but I do miss that in the Torries. When I played my female Toreador, I used a different skin, it was actually a Brujah skin, but it worked well for my Torrie.
The werewolf isn't hard , because of disciplines or lack thereoff for me, but because I'm always panicking and running in the wrong directions. I'm not made for that kind of stress in video games. I sometimes make my gamer life easier and turn on god mode during the werewolf sequence, because I can't always stomach it. I fight through ten levels of Tzimisce creatures in the sewers, no problem, but keep wolfie away from me (and I love werewolves normally, because treehugger).
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2020, 04:45:21 pm »
You probably don't want to hear it, but the Toreador character models, both male and female, are the worst for me. They look too generic and bland. All other characters have something special about them imo (not always good - I don't get the crazy clothing of teh default Malks or the sm-thingy going on with the Nosferatu), but I do miss that in the Torries. When I played my female Toreador, I used a different skin, it was actually a Brujah skin, but it worked well for my Torrie.

But teh clothes ! The second Torrie skin is a thing of beauty. Mercurio burns with jealousy knowing he can't pull the same look on his own :afro:  !

I'm not made for that kind of stress in video games.

I don't think anybody is. As much as I like the mythology of several RTS games, it's a bit exhasperating how much stress is implemented into the gameplay. That is so counter-intuitive from what a GAME should be. But oh well, there's a lot of crazy folk out there.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:55:16 pm by Highwayman667 »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2020, 06:27:10 pm »
Today, out of boredom, I've tried and failed again to update the companion mod to the latest UP. I'm trying to upload the map files (which theorically works) on ModDB but it's taking alot of time....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2020, 06:54:27 pm »
For some reason I can't bring myself through the crackhouse today. I'm not in the mood for shooting zombies, so I will come back another day.

― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2020, 04:56:56 pm »
Ok, finished the crackhouse and killed Vic. It was really easy, my Malk is good at melee, has her trusty fireaxe and Vision of Death prevented Vic from moving around and shooting, so easypeasy.After that, she went to the Malkavian Mansion - and yeah, you all know the thrill. Found that Kent Alan Ryan and gave his license to Skelter, since he knew him. I wonder, if you can tell Patty the truth about him, when you talk to her after going to the Malkvian Mansion. Did anyone do that?

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2020, 05:10:25 pm »
Ok, finished the crackhouse and killed Vic. It was really easy, my Malk is good at melee, has her trusty fireaxe and Vision of Death prevented Vic from moving around and shooting, so easypeasy.After that, she went to the Malkavian Mansion - and yeah, you all know the thrill. Found that Kent Alan Ryan and gave his license to Skelter, since he knew him. I wonder, if you can tell Patty the truth about him, when you talk to her after going to the Malkvian Mansion. Did anyone do that?

Hold your german horses there fylimar. You can give the license to Skelter ? The one you find at the Malkavian Primogen's mansion ?

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #248 on: May 12, 2020, 05:21:28 pm »
@fylimar and Highwayman667:  What license are you two talking about.  The only license I remember is the one Knox gives you to find the Kuei Jin in Santa Monica.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #249 on: May 12, 2020, 05:53:36 pm »
@fylimar and Highwayman667:  What license are you two talking about.  The only license I remember is the one Knox gives you to find the Kuei Jin in Santa Monica.
If you have UP+ installed, you can enter a new area in the Malkavian Mansion, the maze. There you find a mausoleum, where a vampire died and if you brave the sunlight, you can recover a license near the corpse and it turned out to be that of Pattys sugar daddy.
Highwayman: yeah, I just discovered it - maybe it is a new feature with the latest patch. I haven't checked, if you had really given Skleter the license, but you can inform him, that Ryan is dead.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:01:14 pm by Wesp5 »

― Doctor Who

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #250 on: May 12, 2020, 05:57:24 pm »
They are talking about a connection I made in the plus patch by adding the license of Patty's vampire into the new Malkavian Maze. You can give it to her or Skelter!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:01:43 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2020, 06:13:18 pm »
@fylimar and Wesp5:  Oh okay.  I have not played with the latest UP+ version.  That's a great idea by the way.  It brings closure to the mystery of Patty's master.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #252 on: May 12, 2020, 06:26:42 pm »
The werewolf isn't hard , because of disciplines or lack thereoff for me, but because I'm always panicking and running in the wrong directions. I'm not made for that kind of stress in video games. I sometimes make my gamer life easier and turn on god mode during the werewolf sequence, because I can't always stomach it. I fight through ten levels of Tzimisce creatures in the sewers, no problem, but keep wolfie away from me (and I love werewolves normally, because treehugger).

Ha ha, when I get to the werewolf part I always run around like a chicken without it's head.  That is definitely the most stressful part of the game.  The thing about me is I suffer from high anxiety, so that part does not calm down my anxiety levels.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #253 on: May 12, 2020, 09:48:17 pm »
Same here, Talyn. I hate the werewolf part. With the Clan Quest Mod you can avoid that quest, when siding with Andrei and the Sabbat. You get completely different tasks from Andrei. So I side with the Sabbat often in CQM, because of that (and because I like Andrei).

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2020, 12:11:05 am »
Same here, Talyn. I hate the werewolf part. With the Clan Quest Mod you can avoid that quest, when siding with Andrei and the Sabbat. You get completely different tasks from Andrei. So I side with the Sabbat often in CQM, because of that (and because I like Andrei).

I really need to try out that mod.  Maybe in my next playthrough.
Vae Victus! -Kain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal