collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What did you today in the World of Darkness?  (Read 10767 times)

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: What did you today in the World of Darkness?
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2020, 05:43:59 pm »
You have never played Malkavian? What are you waiting for - go on with it. Really, Malkavian gives a new perspective to the game, because of their insight. And the reaction from some people are priceless. After that, the 'normal' playthroughs are kind of lacking tbh.
I could never play the male one though. His outfits are way too ridiculous :rofl:
The female too. That's why I use cosmetic mods. This is the one, I'm using at the moment. It's a bit more showing, than I like to, but so are most of the female armor sets. The later armor is a bit less revealing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:46:08 pm by fylimar »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2020, 06:02:21 pm »
That looks good. The default female ones are somewhat humorous at least (if a bit objectifying) but I can deal with them. The last one does look pretty great.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2020, 11:31:13 pm »
I really hate the default female Malk and never used that skin. When I reinstall the game, the first thing to do is to change the female Malk skin. And the male nossie skin, since I don't like the sm armoring of him.
With the Malk, I'm nearly done in Santa Monica, I have only the meeting with Bertram and the warehouse ahead. I didn't manage to save Tourette and Therese killed Jeanette. I must have accidently used a wrong answer somewere, because my persuation is high enough. Well, since I don't like them, I don't really care if one of them dies.
The  Brujah is on the way to the Ocean House. I couldn't stomach to do that quest twice a day, so I postponed it. Ocean House is still getting to me, it's creepy and a bit stressful. But mostly creepy.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2020, 08:55:52 am »
I don't think I've seen this particular Malk skin before. Where did you get it?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2020, 10:02:49 am »

― Doctor Who

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2020, 08:04:23 pm »
Male Ventrue is the best in my book, especially the last two outfits, after that for the second position female Malkavian and male Toreador are tied. The third goes to the camo of the gangrel, I like the savage look.
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2020, 08:28:27 pm »
In vanilla game I like female Tremere and female Brujah, almost all others get modded.
I just found out, that I mixed and matched with my Malkavian mod. The second armor is from the subtle Malkavian mod https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/1?tab=images

Now I'm really wondering, what I have for the last two armors. Somehow I must have made it work at some point. I think, I wanted a darker color scheme.
My Malk lady (Hanna P. Lovecraft) is now in Downtown, she already did the quests for Larry and Venus, started the plaguebearer quest and checked out the Elizabeth Dane. Plus some minor stuff, like getting rid of Patty and such.

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2020, 11:53:23 pm »
I love the final outfit for the male Malkavian.  Love walking around downtown LA feeling like a pimp and arguing with Stop signs in game.  Also when he tells the Anarchs to fuck off in the lone wolf ending.  He does so with style. 
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2020, 11:58:37 pm »
@fylimar:  I love your female Malk's name.  it is very creative.  I had named my first male Malk Bottlecap.  My reasoning was he was crazy even before the embrace.  Sort of like how Therese already had Jeanette as an imaginary sister before her embrace.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2020, 01:45:27 am »
"Subtle Malkavian" sounds like an oxymoron :rofl:

I can see that the Malkavians do get a few clothing mods at least, contrary to Toreadors that barely have any.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2020, 02:57:03 am »
"Subtle Malkavian" sounds like an oxymoron :rofl:

I can see that the Malkavians do get a few clothing mods at least, contrary to Toreadors that barely have any.

I agree about the Toreador males having shitty clothing options.  But there is only one reskin I know of for the Toreador male.  It is called "Beautiful Monster."  It only effects their default clothing.  Sadly there are no reskins for their other clothing.  You can get the Beautiful Monster reskins here on this site.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2020, 07:40:47 am »
Subtle Malkavian is not an oxymoron. Having a mental disorder doesn't make you a raving lunatic, you know. I must know, I live with one my whole life and most people will never know that. I play my pen & paper Malk very subtle, in fact, she is the diplomat of the group.

As for Toreadors armors: I don't know where you are looking, but there are tons of male Torrie armor out there, just take a look at Nexus mods, there is a guy called Marius, who did some male Torrie armors, which isn't surprising, given his Anne Rice name. Plus you can use every other male armor, rename it and use it. I do that all the time. I often use the female Tzimisce from Antitribu mod as a Gangrels or Malkavian for example.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 09:09:17 am by Wesp5 »

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2020, 11:31:36 am »
Subtle Malkavian is not an oxymoron. Having a mental disorder doesn't make you a raving lunatic, you know.

You're telling me, we've talked before about the stigma associated with malkavians (at least in Bloodlines) but I did thought it sounded funny, what with the outrageous things they can sometimes say in the game :rofl:

As for Toreadors armors: I don't know where you are looking, but there are tons of male Torrie armor out there, just take a look at Nexus mods, there is a guy called Marius, who did some male Torrie armors, which isn't surprising, given his Anne Rice name. Plus you can use every other male armor, rename it and use it. I do that all the time. I often use the female Tzimisce from Antitribu mod as a Gangrels or Malkavian for example.

Interesting ! It's not much of a problem for me though, I mostly go with the Toreador's default second skin and it fits him wonderfully. Toreadors and Brujahs don't need much armor after all, what with being able to dodge bullets and people with Celerity :cool:

It does make me wonder... will we customize clothing in BL2 via outfits or individual pieces alone *rubs chin* ?

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2020, 12:01:18 pm »
Yeah, I remember, we talked about the Malkavian subject. I always picture my Malk girl saying those things with a calm, conversational tone, with the sole purpose to making it more shocking. I think, Strauss takes it the best. When you tell him, you see him with a crown, he just laughs and is totally chilled about it, while the Anarchs are all freaking out, just because you use a bit more flowery speech. I wouldn't trust Strauss as much as I can throw him without vampiric power, but he is one of the more open minded vampires, when it comes to other clans. Gary is really cool about you being a Malkavian too, he just tries to convince you, he is a new voice in your head, which is hilarious.

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2020, 12:26:15 pm »
Yeah, I remember, we talked about the Malkavian subject. I always picture my Malk girl saying those things with a calm, conversational tone, with the sole purpose to making it more shocking. I think, Strauss takes it the best. When you tell him, you see him with a crown, he just laughs and is totally chilled about it, while the Anarchs are all freaking out, just because you use a bit more flowery speech. I wouldn't trust Strauss as much as I can throw him without vampiric power, but he is one of the more open minded vampires, when it comes to other clans. Gary is really cool about you being a Malkavian too, he just tries to convince you, he is a new voice in your head, which is hilarious.

Oh boy, I might really have to do that Malkavian run sooner rather than later  :razz:

Their disciplines do sound like a lot of fun as well. I am excited about obfuscation more than the other two (haven't used dementation yet) since being invisible does work very well in the game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal