collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What did you today in the World of Darkness?  (Read 10760 times)

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: What did you today in the World of Darkness?
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2019, 08:15:40 pm »
Beckett so (paraphrasing): 'Only an idiot gets caught by hunters'
And then you find Ash Rivers in a cage at the Leopold Society - I laughed so hard the first time, I played the game (very long time ago)
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2020, 03:59:16 pm »
My Tremere lady, Janei Watson, made the Sabbat warehouse dissappear and had a nice chat with everyones favorite vampire historian.
I'm playing Clan Quest Mod with her and am deciding, which route to go. Since I want to do the Tremere clan quest, I probably won't defect to the Sabbat as I did in the last few games. But I might end up doing the loner ending, which seems to be fitting for her.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:01:23 pm by Wesp5 »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2020, 04:05:56 pm »
My Tremere lady, Janei Watson, made the Sabbat warehouse dissappear and had a nice chat with everyones favorite vampire historian.
I'm playing Clan Quest Mod with her and am deciding, which route to go. Since I want to do the Tremere clan quest, I probably won't defect to the Sabbat as I did in the last few games. But I might end up doing the loner ending, which seems to be fitting for her.

Is that pronounced "Jane" or "Janey" ? I suspect the latter.

I might have to try that mod someday. It seems like one of the most popular ones.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:03:33 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2020, 04:18:29 pm »
It's pronounced Janey. It's an old Englisch name. I headcanon, that my Janei is a British girl, who was on vacation in LA, when the mess did happen.
The mod is quite good, they managed to get great voice actors for most roles. Andrei is so good, that there is nearly a difference.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:04:55 pm by Wesp5 »

― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2020, 09:41:25 am »
Janei made her way to Downtown, got saved again by Nines and had some interesting conversations with Strauß, the Anarchs and a flesheating woman in an abandoned hospital. Now she is helping Pisha to keep up the Masquerade, stopping the plaguebearers for Strauß and Damsel and helping Venus against the russian mafia.

Does anyone else find that Patty extremly annoying? Makes me wonder, what her 'vampire sugardaddy' Kent Allan Ryan found in her. Normally, I still let her live and send her to another city (forgot which one), but my persuation isn't high enough yet, so Pisha got dinner.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 10:46:34 am by Wesp5 »

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2020, 05:06:35 pm »
@Talyn82 How did you handle Pisha ?

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2020, 08:56:30 pm »
@Talyn82 How did you handle Pisha ?

I usually let her live.  But I was reading an old post of yours, and you make a good argument as to why it's best to kill her.  I did not know she had to feed on a fresh corpse every night.  I thought she could have left overs.  So for my next playthrough I'll kill her either after the artifacts or before.  Depends on the character if it's a Tremere, he would be interested in the artifacts.  Although according to the youtuber Outstar, the Toreador are the most creepy I think they would be disgusted by Pisha.   

How is she combat wise?  Is she tough to beat.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2020, 09:13:52 pm »
Yes, the combat is hard, if I remember correctly. I attacked her in my very first playthrough and didn't manage to defeat her, maybe now it would be easier. Back then, I was still struggeling with controls

― Doctor Who

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2020, 09:23:45 pm »
Poor Pisha....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2020, 01:04:52 am »
How is she combat wise?  Is she tough to beat.

Depends on your skill level. Deffinitely NOT easy on the early bits.

By the end though ? She fell into cinders with a few rounds of the Colt Anaconda.

*tumbleweed rolls... Ennio Morricone plays*

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2020, 07:05:03 pm »
Tbh, I don't really want to kill Pisha. It would be the right thing to do, since she has to kill to feed, but I like her. And I pity her a bit. To have to eat tons of flesh every night must be tough. Although I just read, that they don't have to necessarily kill. A fresh body will do. So maybe ghouling a medical examiner or an undertaker could help with that. ANd they often know rituals to preserve a body, so technically, what Pisha does - eating the whole filmcrew in one sitting, is overindulgence and unnecessary... oky, now I want to kill her again.

― Doctor Who

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2020, 07:32:49 pm »
There are enough unwanted people in this world even nagarajas are welcome. Like republicans.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2020, 07:47:58 pm »
There are enough unwanted people in this world even nagarajas are welcome. Like republicans.

Fledgling: So you will ONLY eat Trump voters ?

Pisha: No Sanders supporters.

Fledgling: Alright then *handshake*

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2020, 09:06:49 pm »
I didn't play much, but I'm reading Becketts Jyhad diary at the moment. It's really fun. I just had chapters about LA, a few years after the events of Bloodlines. Sadly no mention of Gary or any of the other Nosferatu. I think, the only characters from the game, that are mentioned are Nines Rodriguez and Jack. Beckett meets Jacks childe, who is a thinblood and helps other thinbloods to cope with their existence. And I think, the taxi driver is mentioned. At least Beckett is very suspicious of the guy, that drives him - could just be a red herring, who knows.
What I found hilarious was, that Beckett stayed the first nights in the newly renovated Ocean House Hotel and wondered, how people could sleep there with all the ruckus, the ghosts are making (so Thereses ritual was only semi successful - no more murders, but still chatty ghosts). Then he moved to the Hallowbrook Hotel, that was renovated too and wondered, how people could not smell the blood in the walls. I wonder, how the Hallowbrook Hotel could be renovated without causing a masquerade breach, giving how it looked, when the fledgling left it. I mean, Andreis chamber alone is the stuff of nightmares. Maybe the Anarchs or the Camarilla cleaned up before any human entered the building.
(None of the things, I wrote about are spoilers btw., they are just little things, Beckett encountered between the big adventures)

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2020, 11:32:37 pm »
I didn't play much, but I'm reading Becketts Jyhad diary at the moment. It's really fun. I just had chapters about LA, a few years after the events of Bloodlines. Sadly no mention of Gary or any of the other Nosferatu. I think, the only characters from the game, that are mentioned are Nines Rodriguez and Jack. Beckett meets Jacks childe, who is a thinblood and helps other thinbloods to cope with their existence. And I think, the taxi driver is mentioned. At least Beckett is very suspicious of the guy, that drives him - could just be a red herring, who knows.
What I found hilarious was, that Beckett stayed the first nights in the newly renovated Ocean House Hotel and wondered, how people could sleep there with all the ruckus, the ghosts are making (so Thereses ritual was only semi successful - no more murders, but still chatty ghosts). Then he moved to the Hallowbrook Hotel, that was renovated too and wondered, how people could not smell the blood in the walls. I wonder, how the Hallowbrook Hotel could be renovated without causing a masquerade breach, giving how it looked, when the fledgling left it. I mean, Andreis chamber alone is the stuff of nightmares. Maybe the Anarchs or the Camarilla cleaned up before any human entered the building.
(None of the things, I wrote about are spoilers btw., they are just little things, Beckett encountered between the big adventures)

Where did you buy the book from?  I've searched online and they are expensive.  How much did you pay?
Vae Victus! -Kain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal