collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What did you today in the World of Darkness?  (Read 10710 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: What did you today in the World of Darkness?
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2019, 06:07:11 pm »
Almost like robot Bender, mine's Dima (really)

LOL

Dima huh ? Sounds like a fitting name for a bear !

My name is Liane - nice to meet you too :)

I think, Lacroix could be categorized as a decent villain, but he isn't my favorite villain (that would be Loghain from Dragon Age Origins and Meredith from Dragon Age 2). I would have loved to have an explanation for him trying to diablerize the supposed antediluvian inside the sarcophagus though. I mean, from the vampire leaders, he was the only one, who wanted to do that - even ANdrei was adamant to destroy the sarcophagus with everything in it. So yeah, there are still questions about Lacroix. And his magilla gorilla

What about Corypheus ? No love for him ?

Well, Andrei wanted to destroy the Antediluvian because of the prophecy. The Sabbat is clearly much more superstitious than the Camarilla.

As for Lacroix himself, I believe he was playing by his own rules; he thought "What if it isn't just a superstition ? What if I could actually suck that asshole's blood and become omnipotent ?" Clearly he took that risk and paid the consequences quite fittingly.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2019, 07:13:54 pm »
BTW, I tried the Griffith Park Werewolf quest again and after three reloads, it finally worked. STrangely enough, although I did use the switch outside and then tried the one inside, the first two times nothing happened. But now for the first time ever, I killed the werewolf - and instantly felt bad.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2019, 07:22:42 pm »
BTW, I tried the Griffith Park Werewolf quest again and after three reloads, it finally worked. STrangely enough, although I did use the switch outside and then tried the one inside, the first two times nothing happened. But now for the first time ever, I killed the werewolf - and instantly felt bad.

How did you ever do without those 7XP points ?

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2019, 07:57:30 pm »

Personally I'm doing fine without lots of XP points since I screw everything up just for giggles

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2019, 08:16:31 pm »

Quite well. I'm at the Venture tower now and have still 6 XP unspent. Killing the werewolf is only 4 XP btw
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2019, 09:32:01 pm »
How the hell did you fell bad for killing that goddamn fleabag??
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2019, 09:58:10 pm »
I was always wandering what observatory employees will feel next morning...

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2019, 10:08:28 pm »
Quite well. I'm at the Venture tower now and have still 6 XP unspent. Killing the werewolf is only 4 XP btw

Really ? I'm almost certain it's 7xp, it's quite a lot.

Unless I'm summing up the completion of the quest and killing the werewolf ? *rubs chin*

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2019, 05:50:05 am »
Let me guess - your name is Sebastian?

Feliciano Alberto Martín Frontado Rodríguez. Nice to meet you. No Sebastian as you can see. Maybe some villains are named Sebastian but overall I like the name.

I think it's important to distinguish wether we actually hate Lacroix as an individual or wether we hate him as a character. I dislike him as an individual but I find him to be a compelling villain and a great character. Would've deffinitely loved seeing him in BL2 if he wasn't likely to die in the first one.

The only one that comes to my mind is Sebastian Cabot and he wasn't evil (at least I don't think so - just some guy on the TV).   

EDIT:  thought I should add that he was most famous as the butler on "Family Affair".  Don't know if that was available outside the USA or not but Sebastian was an English actor who I assume has passed unless he is over 100 years old now (or if he was turned by the Baron of Hollywood). 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:55:26 am by Nanaloma »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2019, 05:59:17 am »

Really ? I'm almost certain it's 7xp, it's quite a lot.

Unless I'm summing up the completion of the quest and killing the werewolf ? *rubs chin*

It's 8 points in total, 4 for killing the werewolf and 4 for completing the quest

About Cory:I found him a bit bland. Another person will probably a good adversary in the next game, I guess, you know, whom I speaking of. Don't want to spoil for those, that haven't played Dai yet.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:10:01 am by fylimar »

― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2019, 06:07:59 am »
How the hell did you fell bad for killing that goddamn fleabag??

I don't know, I just do. He tried to protect the park, the little tree hugger

― Doctor Who

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2019, 07:27:44 am »
Yeah, by attacking people from the other side of the fire, which maybe were trying to escape in the first place :P
Jokes asides, it's possible they smelt kindreds starting the fire, or they were just in the frenzy equivalent (like fleas in the hemorrhoid)....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2019, 12:28:48 pm »
Yeah, by attacking people from the other side of the fire, which maybe were trying to escape in the first place :P

Somebody here actually ruined that segment of the game for me because it made me realize we were gonna get a WOD: Werewolf game.

Now ? We can only put our hopes on Bloodlines 2 being enough of a success to even merit such a spinoff :'( ...

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2019, 08:06:15 pm »
Somebody here actually ruined that segment of the game for me because it made me realize we were gonna get a WOD: Werewolf game.

World of...  werewolves don't care what time is it, dark or light or whatever

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2019, 09:25:53 pm »
World of...  werewolves don't care what time is it, dark or light or whatever

How can we know ? We got no game :'( ...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal