collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unanswered Storyline Questions  (Read 1202 times)

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: Unanswered Storyline Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 11:30:01 AM »

who is liotta?

Is the fortune teller that you say in the pier, she moved to downtown and you can find her other place in the museum map (outside)

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 11:45:15 AM »
you are right! i didn't remember her name.so perhaps this is one of things we should ask the devs if we get any chance

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »
Carl is the bartender in The Asylum

You mean Cal! And I don't think he was ever meant to be more than a barkeeper.

i am mostly interested in fortune teller in pier which i always thought that would be a mage since we have ghosts,vampires,ghouls,eastern vamps,werewolfs and zombies and i guess the only thing missing is a mage.

She is...

who is liotta?

... Madame Liotta, see above. But there is nothing prebuild in her shack, so I doubt that anything was cut there
as the pier area is one of the earliest in the game. Her sign was visible downtown in one of the beta videos which
is the reason why EntenSchreck and me put her in the downtown area at the museum entrance and improvised
her moving to explain both appearances, so who knows...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:29:25 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 08:39:12 PM »
Maybe Madame Liotta is a franchise LOL
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 11:57:21 PM »
Maybe Madame Liotta is a franchise LOL

Offline tarulu

• Ancillus
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 01:11:47 PM »
Carl is the bartender in The Asylum

You mean Cal! And I don't think he was ever meant to be more than a barkeeper.

i am mostly interested in fortune teller in pier which i always thought that would be a mage since we have ghosts,vampires,ghouls,eastern vamps,werewolfs and zombies and i guess the only thing missing is a mage.

She is...

who is liotta?

... Madame Liotta, see above. But there is nothing prebuild in her shack, so I doubt that anything was cut there
as the pier area is one of the earliest in the game. Her sign was visible downtown in one of the beta videos which
is the reason why EntenSchreck and me put her in the downtown area at the museum entrance and improvised
her moving to explain both appearances, so who knows...
yes i mean Cal,sorry
i have to disagree his model is quit unique and i don't think they created this model just for few lines.

how do you know she is a mage?was there any info somewhere?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »
i have to disagree his model is quit unique and i don't think they created this model just for few lines.

There are a lot of unique models for single encounter NPCs, which is one reason Bloodlines is so great :)!

how do you know she is a mage? was there any info somewhere?

I don't believe that she is a mage and there is no info on it. I think a fortune teller just belongs to typical pier entertainment houses!

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
There are a lot of unique models for single encounter NPCs, which is one reason Bloodlines is so great :)

Among so many others !

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Ancillus
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2020, 06:38:32 PM »
yes i mean Cal,sorry
Maybe Troika had planned for things for him but i think he is in every version of Bloodlines during development just a barkeeper.
I believe his charactermodel was just one of few who already existed quite early.

Cal was originally the barkeeper in the Vesuvius.
Stop at 1:05

By the way Wesp is this male charactermodel from this trailer in the game?
I don´t recognize to have ever seen the guy in the blue shirt. Stop at 1:33

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »
The guy in the second video looks like Phil (the male nurse in the blood bank)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2020, 11:00:11 PM »

Which do you mean? I added maps for all that are mentioned on the bus stops, the others are just scenery!

I doubt this is what he is talking about, but there are still quite a few unused places that are used in cutscenes and such. I don't think those levels and rooms were built just for the cutscenes, so I always wondered what they were originally for.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 09:16:28 AM »
I doubt this is what he is talking about, but there are still quite a few unused places that are used in cutscenes and such.

You can visit these maps from the game or the map editor and most of them are unfinished beyond what is shown.

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2020, 11:59:23 AM »
I doubt this is what he is talking about, but there are still quite a few unused places that are used in cutscenes and such.

You can visit these maps from the game or the map editor and most of them are unfinished beyond what is shown.

My point was, if these maps were only built for the cutscenes, they certainly wouldn't need to be as large as they now, they would only have what needs to be seen during the cutscene, isn't that the usual practice? Yet most of them are quite large and still hold a lot of details that normally cannot be seen. They were either a part of a map, or they were maps themselves. In all likelihood, they were just cut and repurposed.

It is not like we can do anything with them now. What I am saying is, maybe there were more to them, we may never know.

I recall that a while ago I tried to figure out if it all would fit together. I was especially curious about how the tutorial map would fit the hub. I kinda feel like looking into that again. It is nice to see and try to figure out what they were going for. :)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2020, 02:13:22 PM »
My point was, if these maps were only built for the cutscenes, they certainly wouldn't need to be as large as they now, they would only have what needs to be seen during the cutscene, isn't that the usual practice? Yet most of them are quite large and still hold a lot of details that normally cannot be seen.

As far as I remember they hardly contain much more than what is needed. Still it's usual to cut them out of larger maps so you might get more details in the background. I think the Antitribu Mod build a seperate haven level out of the Nines-saves-player-downtown cutscene map.

I was especially curious about how the tutorial map would fit the hub.

I remember that someone already made a pretty nice screenshot on how the two areas should overlap. Sadly this would not be easy!

Offline endthewars

• Ancillus
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2020, 03:25:01 PM »
I remember that someone already made a pretty nice screenshot on how the two areas should overlap. Sadly this would not be easy!

I would have loved to see that!

It would have been incredibly cool to be able to revisit that place. For some reason I always believed it was intended to be a single map early in development but they split it. You cannot visit the theater again for example and something tells me you should have been able to. (You can get to the front door, without being able to interact with it, which is weird.)

Of course, this is just a guess.

Would it be difficult because of the engine limitations? (Like map size or something?)

As far as I remember they hardly contain much more than what is needed. Still it's usual to cut them out of larger maps so you might get more details in the background. I think the Antitribu Mod build a seperate haven level out of the Nines-saves-player-downtown cutscene map.

I always wanted to attach Nines-saves-player-downtown cutscene map into the downtown map. I was working on it some years back, I wonder why I never finished it.

Is it especially difficult to edit and merge maps like this? I can't remember why I dropped it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:27:32 PM by endthewars »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal