collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Two Favorite Clans and Disciplines?  (Read 10460 times)

Offline Vinland

• Neonate
Re: Two Favorite Clans and Disciplines?
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2022, 08:58:51 pm »
I'm not aware that Auspex helps with ranged if you already have Perception at 5.

It seems to be just like Potence. Potence also does nothing if you have Strength at 5.

I can't speak for vanilla because I have been exclusively playing CQM for years. I do know for a fact that this is all uncapped in CQM. Like I just loaded up an old ending save to check. I turned on all disciplines and I had a melee score of 17. lol

But even if you are capped, Auspex is still beneficial. You put points into Auspex and don't put any into Perception. You use Auspex and gain its ability while also gaining the full effects of max Perception. Two skills for the cost of one! All of Toreador's disciplines have a single ability which scales in power with more dots and they all only ever cost a single blood point to use. It's pretty much objectively the strongest combat class.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:14:08 pm by Vinland »

Offline Compassion

• Neonate
Re: Two Favorite Clans and Disciplines?
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2022, 08:43:38 am »
Well, I dont know about vanilla, but with Plus Patch if you have ranged 10 you wont get any better after that.

And no, I definitely wont leave Perception and Wits at 2, because then I'm crippled in a fight unless I spend blood points.

And the only way to get higher damage numbers with Potence in Plus Patch is also stack Blood Buff as well. Very blood expensive. Okay for a boss battle, but otherwise, nah.

QCM is a complete cringefest for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal