collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Stealth Kills  (Read 127 times)

Online khaos526

• Fledgling
Stealth Kills
« on: February 12, 2019, 05:05:03 AM »
  I recall years back when I was playing that you could sneak up behind people and do a stealth kill with a weapon and it would do the kill with the melee weapon.  Right now I'm a Nosferatu and even while holding the weapon, when I do the sneak from behind, I only am getting the hand twist neck stealth kill animation, not the weapon ones.

I distinctly remember the katana stabbing through people I thought?  Any reason I can't seem to get it to work?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Stealth Kills
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:29:53 AM »
  I distinctly remember the katana stabbing through people I thought?  Any reason I can't seem to get it to work?

I'm not sure, but have you tried both the attack and the use key yet?

Online khaos526

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »
I'm not sure, but have you tried both the attack and the use key yet?
  No not together, I'll try that out.  I thought it might have something to do with having to have level 5 in stealth or dexterity, so I did the console vstats to just see if that was the case and both raised to 5 didn't solve the issue and I was still stealth killing with the hands.

I'm thinking though as soon as I get the read logo for the stealth kill that as soon as I press the "use" button it's going to automatically activate it.  Using the attack button first I'm thinking will attack as normally, but will try it out anyways to see...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 07:38:30 PM »
  No not together, I'll try that out.

Not together. I think use always chooses hands and attack the weapon.

Online Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 03:13:11 AM »

I hope you're right but I didn't even know you could use both keys simultaneously and I always got the correct animation. 

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 08:03:54 AM »

I hope you're right but I didn't even know you could use both keys simultaneously and I always got the correct animation.

I didn't test it either, but I know that there is a difference there connected to the Obfuscate levels, as it is mentioned in their description.

Online khaos526

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 01:51:55 PM »
I didn't test it either, but I know that there is a difference there connected to the Obfuscate levels, as it is mentioned in their description.
  I do have level 5 obfuscate which allows interactions with everything, but I also use stealkills without using that power too.  I used to be able to do it on my Malk, Tremere and Ventrue run through as well, but just can't seem to figure it out now...

Online khaos526

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 04:04:45 AM »
Finally found out how to do it.  You just have the weapon in your hand and use the normal attack key while in stealth kill mode.  The "Use" key will do the neck snap.  I was just thinking the attack key would do a normal attack, but it doesn't when the stealth kill icon is up...

* Game Files