collapse

Author Topic: Re "How Do I Beat Xiao" - VIDEO SPOILER  (Read 3333 times)

Marked as best answer by on October 24, 2019, 12:31:37 PM

Offline [archive] Tessera72751098

• Methuselah
Re: Re "How Do I Beat Xiao" - VIDEO SPOILER
« on: January 27, 2007, 05:14:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  •                 This is something new for whomever started that topic, somewhere in this forum.<black>.</black>
     <black>.</black>
     I put together a gameplay video, showing my Malk girl kicking the crap out of Ming Xiao. It shows her build and a few other tips, so if you're still having a tough time with Xiao, then maybe the video will give you some ideas.
     <black>.</black>
     <white>It's in our Gallery, along with all of my other ridiculous VTMB videos:</white>
     <black>.</black>
     http://www.tessmage.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=20
     <black>.</black>
     Just look for the one called "Battle with Ming Xiao." It's a long, tough fight, but not too hard if you stay in the right place.
     <black>.</black>
     Cheers,
     <black>.</black>
     - Tessera -
     <black>.</black>

Offline [archive] poony128SCREW

• Neonate
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
                    I made the thread a month ago and have beaten the game 8 times since then. Members were suggesting that I sucked. But the real problem was that my character had no armor, early weapons, a few bloodpacks, and lacking combat skills. He was stealth based so he didn't need loads of gear until it was too late. But thanks anyways for showing me another AI exploit.                        

Offline [archive] Tessera72751098

• Methuselah
    « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
                    In Reply To #2

My pleasure, although it's a video for other people, too.

It's not an "AI exploit," though. It's more of a careful use of physics. You get the real Xiao to "run blocker," by holing up in an alcove and thus narrowing both of their lines of sight to only a few degrees. It's the same concept as shooting at a group of enemies from inside a bunker -- it forces them to come at you one at a time. Definitely not an exploit... it's just being smart. Running around out in the open against an enemy who hits as hard as Xiao does is asking for it. Hunkering down (and effectively cutting the second one off) is a lot easier.
     <black>.</black>

Rad Asper posted:

It isn't possible to beat Xiao, the Sheriff, or that giant gargoyle at the end without cheats. that much is for certain. If you honestly beat them, you must by lying or have a completely different version of the game.

<black>.</black>
     I think it was statements like that one in your original thread that earned you some of the comments you received from others in that thread. If nothing else, this video should show you that you don't need to cheat... you just need to think outside of the box a bit more. It's a brain game and impatience is only going to hurt you. Take care.
     <black>.</black>

Offline [archive] brx_6289

• Fledgling
    « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
                    It's possible normally, use flamethrower, and then Steyr, and have shitload of vitae with you! Just run and keep distance!

Sheriff is not hard at all, when he disappears as far as I can remember, he'll appear right behind you, and for his bat form use celerity lvl4-5 and he'll not be moving at all. Use then Anaconda or Steyr and his bat form is down in five seconds. You have to break those lights first, if I recall well,and don't be struck by falling car! The most dangerous area in the entire game is Ming Xiao temple, level where bowmen with flaming bolts are, as they do ridiculous amount of damage (aggravated, I think, too). Werewolf claws are maybe weaker than those bolts, it sux big time.Oh, to add, society of Leopold sucks, right after you enter in the monastery, you can be killed in seconds. That area is also hard as hell. And better get a whore to Romero, I never managed to finish zombie quest. Also, third plaguebearer quest is too hard right after Santa Monica. I first get into Holywood and then go back to finish bishop Vick, but that's something bad for Tremere ^_^                        

Offline [archive] Katherine77359684

• Fledgling
    « Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 02:53:00 AM »
                    A question that's a little off topic, but I wasn't sure if it merited its own thread. What is that room Lilith seems to be spending a lot of time in? It looks a fair bit posh, and I think I saw it in Hollywood. But when I enter the building, the door is always locked. What's behind it? Is it involved in another quest?                        

-----signature-----
               Police don't have any suspects at this time, but they're pretty sure that it was you. - Newscaster to Malkavian.

Offline [archive] Huitzilopoctli_x

• Neonate
    « Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #1

So you create a character that's heavy on melee and soak, and then use a gun to defeat ming-xiao?  Hmmm...

I'll bet she would have went down a lot quicker if you had maxed out firearms, though after looking at said firearms score it still was rather high, I think 6 or so?  

Oh and if you could tell me how to create those videos like you do, it'd be great, lol.  Do you use a program or was there a feature built into the game that allows you to do that?                        

Offline [archive] Dante_Malice

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #6

1. I doubt 'Tessera' is even spending time here anymore, so questions to him aren`t likely to get an answer.
     2. It`s a video capture progam, also Fraps does this as a function.                        

-----signature-----
               Alive and well in this livin' hell...

• Neonate
    « Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #7

Sorry I didn't know, I don't come here very often.  

So can I get one of these programs for free, or are they something that has to be purchased (either online or otherwise)?    And I'm sorry but I don't understand the comment that, "Fraps does this as a function" ... I'm not very computer saavy, as you've probably already realized.                        

Offline [archive] Dante_Malice

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #8

Fraps can be used to take screenshots and record video clips.

You can download Fraps for free.
     (only problem is unless you pay for the full version you get 'Fraps' written on your vids).

The full version is what 20 bucks or something? It`s been awhile since I`ve looked at it.

-----signature-----
               Alive and well in this livin' hell...

• Neonate
    « Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #9

Oh cool, well that's not too bad then.  Thanks for the info!  happy                        

Offline [archive] Javokis

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #10

The unregistered Fraps will record in 30 second intervals so you'll need to press the record button only when something important is going to happen. The registered version is $35~ usd. I purchased mine. Be sure you have PLENTY of space on your hd if you plan on recording games. Fraps creates a 4gig avi file every 11 minutes-ish.                        

-----signature-----
               "There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Offline [archive] [VaLkyR]Assassin

• Fledgling
    Re "How Do I Beat Xiao" - VIDEO SPOILER
    « Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
                    In Reply To #1

Tessera posted:

This is something new for whomever started that topic, somewhere in this forum.<black>.</black>
     <black>.</black>
     I put together a gameplay video, showing my Malk girl kicking the crap out of Ming Xiao. It shows her build and a few other tips, so if you're still having a tough time with Xiao, then maybe the video will give you some ideas.
     <black>.</black>
     <white>It's in our Gallery, along with all of my other ridiculous VTMB videos:</white>
     <black>.</black>
     http://www.tessmage.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=20
     <black>.</black>
     Just look for the one called "Battle with Ming Xiao." It's a long, tough fight, but not too hard if you stay in the right place.
     <black>.</black>
     Cheers,
     <black>.</black>
     - Tessera -
     <black>.</black>

lol, trust me to notice the topless malk mod video before anything else.                        

-----signature-----

= wristblades =