collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: playing bloodlines with better graphics?  (Read 2587 times)

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
playing bloodlines with better graphics?
« on: December 26, 2017, 11:42:31 PM »
hey
i saw this game and i haven't played it yet but even with looking at pictures and seeing people talk about it i am getting in love with it!
so i want to play bloodlines with better graphics as far as i know there is a patch which also seems to make graphics better a little i got the last one(9.9) and i also know there are some textures and some graphical modes that adjust the shader and light settings for better graphics and better experience
however as i am a newbie i want some help! firstly i saw like 10 of these mods and i dont know which one is the best for better graphics and a more darker feel so if you guys can tell me which one is the best and how to install it i would be very glad cause i didn't find much on internet.
i also looking for textures however i dont know if some of these texures already come with the patch and graphical modes and if they are already in there,if they are, which ones?  so a little help on this matter would be nice and giving some links to tested ones would be great.any other help on how to make the game look better would be appreciated.

https://legacy.planetvampire.com/modules/files/view.php?id=708
how this pack is going to change models?will it give them new dress and new look or its just better textures?cause i like the orginal look to stay intact without any new dress and change of color just better quality
i am sorry for such simple questions.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:12:39 AM by tarulu »

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
Re: playing bloodlines with better graphics?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 11:00:37 AM »
UP by default does not improve graphics, but merely fixes lighting bugs and such. (Aside from eye replacer mod)

The simplest way to make the game look better is to install either ENB or SweetFX (not both). You can find them in
/Game_folder/Patch_Extras/Player_mods/ if you've checked that during the installation.

IMO SweetFX is better, it has various presets included as well as available for download. Installation is pretty straightforward as described in included readme.

I'm not aware of any full texture packs and good quality replacers for this game are scarce whether due to early stage engine or small fan base. You might want to take a look here for an assortment of various replacers too.

Remember that to make them work with UP they have to be installed in /game_directory/Unofficial_Patch/ folder.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 11:03:48 AM by J3ster »

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 08:37:38 PM »
UP by default does not improve graphics, but merely fixes lighting bugs and such. (Aside from eye replacer mod)

The simplest way to make the game look better is to install either ENB or SweetFX (not both). You can find them in
/Game_folder/Patch_Extras/Player_mods/ if you've checked that during the installation.

IMO SweetFX is better, it has various presets included as well as available for download. Installation is pretty straightforward as described in included readme.

I'm not aware of any full texture packs and good quality replacers for this game are scarce whether due to early stage engine or small fan base. You might want to take a look here for an assortment of various replacers too.

Remember that to make them work with UP they have to be installed in /game_directory/Unofficial_Patch/ folder.
thank you
i saw that presets thing before it seems(based on screenshots and videos) nightshade and VTMB Atmospheric and Embrace The Darkness // Realistic MOD are the good ones which one would you recommend?there is also another one VTMB: Director's cut reshade which seems really nice but i think its using both of enb and sweetfx at the same time which drops some fps

Offline J3ster

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »
It's just a personal preference. Remember, that some locations can get rather dark, especially if you're using low birghtess setting. Depends a lot on your monitor too. Try out both. Changing SweetFX preset is just a matter of swapping one txt file. If you want you can even tweak the preset to your liking.

Offline Phisto21

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 01:24:52 AM »
Personally I use Reshade with only the AmbientLight, Bloom, Colourfulness, Curves, SMAA and Vibrance shaders. Since it has a nifty ingame menu, you can adjust the values to your liking, without going over the top and changing the mood of the game. I used to force SSAA through the drivers but it's not really worth it compared to SMAA. On the other hand, forcing a 16x anisotropic filtering works pretty well. Just remember to remove shaders you aren't using for a faster boot up.

For example, these are my settings:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/127496
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/127497

Although, now that I think of it, they could use some tweaking with the bloom. I swear, it's impossible to stop messing with it.

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 07:21:32 PM »
thanks guys i was using the vtmb Realistic MOD but sometimes its just too dark so i just turn it off and turn it on again later in game

Offline Psycho-A

• Ancillus
  • Bloodlines SDK developer
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:20:28 AM »
I planned to make special "shadow" mod of the final Unofficial Patch that supposed very much of work on the maps in the shadows-improving direction (they just suck in the original, and there are lots of possibilities to make them better with only SDK means), and I hope I'll reach to this soon. No need to explain that shadows and lighting are about 75% of realistic atmosphere...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:16:23 PM by Psycho-A »

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 07:22:22 PM »
i am happy to hear that hope to hear more from you soon

Offline Signothorn

• God Hates Fangs
  • Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »
There are various texture replacement mods, but some change the textures. Now that more maps are being used, and frequently re-using existing textures, the texture replacement mods can really mess up the intended look of new maps. Also be aware that many location maps like Last Round and the downtown haven, frequently add characters ect, breaking the quest system. You'll wind up with game breaking silliness like this:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/713030714088827788/AB01485FCE2F33CA14527C54599EFE0C23897A7D/

* Game Files