collapse

Author Topic: Perplexities on Bloodlines  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Perplexities on Bloodlines
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 10:02:04 PM »
Jack himself says: "Here... take this thirty-eight. Fuckin' peashooter, but..." So there isn't much you can do. And as I said earlier, for the game design it is intended that the player doesn't have a better gun in Snata Monica.
Anyway, Jack doesn't really need a gun so why should he carry something heavier or more expensive? And if it is true that he was a pirate, then at the time he was embraced, pistols probably were muzzle-loaded flintlock affairs. One shot, precise enough to hit a human at maybe 5 to 10 meters.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 12:10:26 PM »
The option of keeping the gun was added in the UP plus, so technically it wouldn't matter if instead of this option the patch gave him a glock if not an anaconda. But mine was only food for thought. :)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 09:39:37 PM »
Keeping the gun by dialog was added by the patch, agreed. But you always had the option to drop the gun before talking to Jack and then pick it up after the dialog. And since there was a 3 second delay between dialog end and levelchange you had time enough.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2018, 10:37:35 AM »
Right! Even if you won't have enough bullets to make a difference makes sense  :rofl:
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018, 10:46:38 AM »
And since there was a 3 second delay between dialog end and levelchange you had time enough.

It was also possible to get the .38 of the goon in that time...

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018, 04:47:08 PM »
Right! Even if you won't have enough bullets to make a difference makes sense  :rofl:
Ammo isn't the problem once you have money. Sell the gun and buy it back, then you can also buy ammunition up to the maximum.
Same exploit(?) as for the books.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2018, 07:56:53 PM »
New perplexities:
- why aiming with a scope the camera moves like you're breathing? You're supposed to be dead, and while you use your lungs when talking you don't actually need them when using a rifle....
- why Venus's bedroom is this ugly? Shouldn't it be more gothic and stilish?
- why there are all these bystanders and club patrons not enough gothic like the others? I cannot feel to be in the world of darkness, set in a metropolitan gothic scene, with all those colorful freaks.
- and most of all, why the music volume is this low? I want to hear it but the sound effects are louder so I have to keep the volume low.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 08:08:55 PM by Barabbah »
― me

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 10:16:46 AM »
New perplexities:
- why aiming with a scope the camera moves like you're breathing? You're supposed to be dead, and while you use your lungs when talking you don't actually need them when using a rifle....

I think it's less "breathing" and more the difficulty muscles have in holding something steady, regardless of whether or not you're breathing. If I hold my breath and try to aim a rifle while standing, I might have a slightly easier time than I would if I were breathing too, but it's still not going to be straightforward.

As she tells you, it's her office. There's no bed there. Since she's usually behind the bar, she probably doesn't spend a lot of time in her office.

Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 11:15:42 AM »
New perplexities:

I think it's less "breathing" and more the difficulty muscles have in holding something steady, regardless of whether or not you're breathing. If I hold my breath and try to aim a rifle while standing, I might have a slightly easier time than I would if I were breathing too, but it's still not going to be straightforward.

As she tells you, it's her office. There's no bed there. Since she's usually behind the bar, she probably doesn't spend a lot of time in her office.

- Still I feel it weird :P

- The very first time I played it somehow I got the feeling the moment she said to go on her office (before actually got there) that office was also her bedroom, boh?
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 03:48:37 PM »
- The very first time I played it somehow I got the feeling the moment she said to go on her office (before actually got there) that office was also her bedroom, boh?

Why should she sleep in her club? As for the zoom mode, I think this is a technical problem: Troika did not slow down the random mouse movements when zooming...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 02:29:09 PM »
My previous answer wasn't saved (I thought I've send it at the time, boh?)

I doesn't matter, another question: why none of the vampire enemies go on frenzy? I bet this can add a ramdom peak of challenge :D
― me

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 11:53:11 PM »
My previous answer wasn't saved (I thought I've send it at the time, boh?)

I doesn't matter, another question: why none of the vampire enemies go on frenzy? I bet this can add a ramdom peak of challenge :D

They also don't use disciplines on you.  ????

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 09:10:19 AM »

They also don't use disciplines on you.  ????

Most vampire enemies use at least one discipline and as you only frenzy on low health and blood, this would probably mean that all vampire enemies would frenzy just before you kill them, which would be a kind of overkill :)!

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
Overkill for them or for you?

Because I know a frenzy can make you a murder machine. Or at least I thought, since every time it happened me somehow my character "lowers" all defense, like this blind rage makes him also stupid and prone to be easily damaged.... So I realise now I don't know how it actually works....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:52:22 PM by Wesp5 »
― me