collapse

Author Topic: Perplexities on Bloodlines  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
Perplexities on Bloodlines
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:30:49 AM »
  • Why VV in the intro sequence is (un)dressed as at work? Even for her it's a bit too much going outside like this.
  • In the tutorial Smiling Jack gives you his gun, but how possible a legend like him would have such a crappy gun? I cannot imagining him without a Colt Anaconda or a McLusky Calibre 0.50....
  • Why the man bat has the tongue out of his mouth? It's kinda silly.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Rubinia

• Encharmed by chimes
  • Ancillus
Re: Perplexities on Bloodlines
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 05:19:14 PM »
1) VV choice of clothes - I think she didn't care, like, it was her everyday (everynight?) outfit. That's the point, she wore nothing special. Yet when I think about it, she indeed is more likely to dress something more extraordinarly impressive. Like, scarlet velvet dress in that old-fashioned style. So that noone there could ever forget.

2) He has, but doesn't give away what he likes to keep for himself. As a Fledgeling I rutinely start with crap gun and in the meantime I fish off better guns, and especially in Hunters Caverns I'm happy to fetch my arsenal. But the worse ones are with me still, unless I sell them, and I rarely remember to sell them. So Jack, with his supposedly limited Finance knowledge (that's reserved for Ventrues right?) could have one or two spare guns in his pockets.

3) Maybe it has kind of tonuge-smell like snakes do? he is using that extraordinary sense to... smell the Fledgeling's blood aura from afar? Or he's trying to look stupid so that the player underestimates him until it's too late ;)
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:17:18 AM »
1) that's the same issue with nude mods: irrealism. While a more or less naked body can be a nice treat, it makes no sense when you waks the street AND nobody reacting. No looks by anyone, no cops arresting you (or, because they're those rambo cops, shooting at sight) for indecent exposure.

2) makes sense. In alternative maybe a simple glock, boh?

3) the point is that tongue doesn't move at all. Looks like a bad glitch. I've took the textures and made the tongue invisible.
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:57:49 AM »
1) that's the same issue with nude mods: irrealism. While a more or less naked body can be a nice treat, it makes no sense when you waks the street AND nobody reacting. No looks by anyone, no cops arresting you (or, because they're those rambo cops, shooting at sight) for indecent exposure.
Maybe you should ask the guys from Activision why there was no time to create another VV model. :razz:

2) makes sense. In alternative maybe a simple glock, boh?
I agree with Rubinia here. Jack only gives you the spare stuff he doesn't really need. And of course it's also a design decision. The player shouldn't be able to get the downtown pistol in Santa Monica.

3) the point is that tongue doesn't move at all. Looks like a bad glitch. I've took the textures and made the tongue invisible.
Agreed, this is probably a glitch. Never really noticed it myself though.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 11:55:06 AM »
I've took the textures and made the tongue invisible.

Can you attach this texture here so I can take a look if this should make it into the UP?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 04:38:14 PM »
As soon as I've both my pc and an internet connection I'll do :)
― me

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »
1) Maybe you should ask the guys from Activision why there was no time to create another VV model. :razz:

2) I agree with Rubinia here. Jack only gives you the spare stuff he doesn't really need. And of course it's also a design decision. The player shouldn't be able to get the downtown pistol in Santa Monica.

1) I already did mine. Anyone ever noticed VV and Therese have the same identical head? It was very tricky but I've made a VV version with a jacket. The jacket needs to be reworded but works well. Plus I've made the glasses invisible and shortened the skirt to made her an unique design. Now I need to know hot to put it in game ONLY in the intro sequence....
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 05:04:50 PM »
To get your VV model in the opening scene you have to edit the entity list for the theatre map.
You can either open it with vpk-tools or you can extract, edit and reimport with VTMBedit.
For working on just the one map vpk-tools is probably better even if its editor is very primitive.
In any case, find VV and set the model path to your new model. Just remember that editing a map your character has already visited causes trouble. So either do it before starting a new game or after your current character has done the Mitnick quest in the theatre.
Of course you could use hammer, but de- and recompiling a whole map for one changed model...
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 05:21:57 PM »
No problem, I know to not edit things the savegames relies on be untouched

Edit: Although there's an easier solution: place it instead of the vanilla version, then out of the intro replace the vanilla version back
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:31:26 PM by Barabbah »
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 06:00:57 PM »
Anyone ever noticed VV and Therese have the same identical head? It was very tricky but I've made a VV version with a jacket. The jacket needs to be reworded but works well. Plus I've made the glasses invisible and shortened the skirt to made her an unique design.

What are you talking about? VV and Therese have not the same heads, and VV has no glasses. Also I would think VV comes like she is to provocate the others. Remember how she even blows a kiss to Strauss?

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 05:25:07 AM »

Heck, I was attacked by some psycho chick with a torch (hunter) in front of a cop and they did nothing.  As soon as I defended myself, they started shooting at me!   :facepalm:

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 08:06:47 AM »
1) manbat tongueless attached
2) not the exactly same model but the same 3d head in both models
― me

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 08:41:39 AM »
1) manbat tongueless attached

Many thanks, I'll include it in the UP 10.1 final!

Offline DiamondBorne

• Ancillus
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 07:39:54 AM »
What's wrong with Giant bat with tongue sticking out? Even dogs do that. I see no issue here.

Jack said it himself he ain't fond of using gun but he comes packing because it helps cover your violent tracks. Think about it, accidentally drained a thug dry? Fire a couple of shots into his torso and turning "unexplainable death" into "normal himicide" real quick. That's why he didn't need high calibur pistol.

Covered VV is classy. I like that.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 11:55:46 AM »
What's wrong with Giant bat with tongue sticking out? Even dogs do that. I see no issue here.

Let's confront the two things. That's a dog tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8inrAymPg

And that's the manbat tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJCl9T2hezU&feature=youtu.be&t=75

You can see the dog's tongue isn't rigid but flaccid. On the other side the manbat's tongue is weird to look at.

Jack said it himself he ain't fond of using gun but he comes packing because it helps cover your violent tracks. Think about it, accidentally drained a thug dry? Fire a couple of shots into his torso and turning "unexplainable death" into "normal himicide" real quick. That's why he didn't need high calibur pistol.

Makes sense, but maybe a glock is better both than a crap colt and also a pocket murder machine. A compromise in short. But that's just a random thought

Covered VV is classy. I like that.

That was the point. Classy and not out of place.
― me