collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP  (Read 81600 times)

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
Re: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2016, 08:33:51 am »
I don't know about a L4D style , but Hunter:The Vigil had some really cool settings at launch so Xcom meets Jagged Alliance 2 meets Deus Ex can make a really cool game on top of an FPS/TPS  gameplay. Although I know I always think too ambitiously about these concepts because they are somewhat exciting.

It's definitely a game that would play really well in co-op, especially with its settings. I'm curious to how well it would play out as a 4 player co-op based FPS/TPS game, even with a semi-linear story line.

I don't think these things are co-dependant , like I said I think it would be at least a year or two until we hear anything about another VTM game, and even then it will probably be in development for 2-3 years or so if all goes well.

I do know that Troika had to check in with White Wolf to keep consistency and keep things as canon as possible. If the new games are based on VtM V then it could end up being the case of working simultanously, if they have certain drafts done for the corebook already.

I just hope that If they do create another VTM game , they will do the right thing and pickup UE4 or Cryengine for this because it can save on much of the game-engine implementation since by now these engines have a vast array of features to create any conceivable type of game

I keep hearing they but I'd like to know whom is it referred to. Just wondering, as I see countless times on White Wolf's Facebook where people ask them to finish the WoD MMO or make the Bloodlines sequel already, forgetting that White Wolf is an entirely new company made from scratch, which is why they are looking for active partners who would work on said games. Which again can take quiet a while if you count the current AAA companies out there who are already on heavy development on their current projects.

It basically boils down to "if we make a game it has to come out with a huge bang", and we do know quality can really take time. Nowadays is very common to just go with a premade engine and build on top of it so you wouldn't waste development time working on building an engine, unless you really want specific stuff that can only be implemented engine wise, but that's a non-issue for the game development itself.

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2016, 09:55:53 am »
they are looking for active partners who would work on said games. Which again can take quiet a while if you count the current AAA companies out there who are already on heavy development on their current projects.

Okay, but I think it should count for something if developer companies are already aware of White Wolf's intentions and are even interested in working with their IP. Or do you think that Obsidian's tweet from last year wasn't really a thought-out post and was only born out of sudden enthusiasm? Also, is it absolutely necessary that Boyarsky and Cain to be the ones working on a possible new VtM game? I still wouldn't only think about a direct Bloodlines sequel.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:15:23 am by Saphrax »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2016, 11:59:50 am »
I don't know about a L4D style , but Hunter:The Vigil had some really cool settings at launch so Xcom meets Jagged Alliance 2 meets Deus Ex can make a really cool game on top of an FPS/TPS  gameplay. Although I know I always think too ambitiously about these concepts because they are somewhat exciting.

It's definitely a game that would play really well in co-op, especially with its settings. I'm curious to how well it would play out as a 4 player co-op based FPS/TPS game, even with a semi-linear story line.

I'm hoping for more players, 4 players implies console shooter which is pretty much why L4D was structured that way(but hey if you really enjoy split screen gaming then why not).  And while I did enjoy L4D I also found it somewhat lacking on the adventure aspect.
So instead of just L4D with HtV dressing it would be nice if they go for a new structure of game-play that uses more of the interesting parts of the IP.

Edit: Maybe i'm really over traditional video-gaming , after VTMR's Multiplayer no other game comes close for me in terms of experience and Multiplayer games that come out now tend to be either competitive or builders games. Exceptions exist in the indie games but they are very few.

By They I'm refering to whatever body is in charge of designing and developing the game.

Usually expanding an existing engine like UE4 or Cryengine still takes time because for more complicated games more functionality needs to be added on top of the engine so like I said there is no point in expecting it anytime soon.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 12:10:38 pm by Radical21 »

Offline Blood of Nightmares

• Fledgling
« Reply #273 on: October 05, 2016, 12:59:58 am »
No, it's very clear that feminism is about the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

What you're describing is white/liberal feminism as in women gaining equality to men under the context of Capitalism and Patriarchy which is still maintaining the status quo. Our aim is to abolish Capitalism and Patriarchy completely which is where you get from off you from comfort zone....

Yes, this is what I was referring to when speaking of redefining terms. Racism is racism. Sexism is sexism. A woman can be sexist. A person with dark skin can be racist.

Joseph Goebbels would agree with you there....

You as a privileged group don't get to define what is sexist or what is racist and pretending you know the definations better than them or otherwords you're also once again using the horse shoe/golden mean fallacy here which is a favorite among liberals.

You have provided the proof yourself, thank you.

Nope, the only proof you've provided that you're a sexist and comfortable with the status quo hence why you would be banned on principle because people like you are probably not worth discussing with.

You're also forgetting the fact that White Males are the default ruling class groups much like the bourgeoisie while women, PoC, working classes are productive classes exploited for value which is how the system works. 

You're also ignoring the fact that racism (along with sexism) is institutional and goes far beyond than just personal prejudges since sexism/racism/etc is intersectional and it doesn't exist in a vacuum which is why you cannot be racist towards white males because we benefit from a system that oppresses women/PoC/etc in a daily basis (since women are far more likely to suffer rape, domestic violence/abuse & murder-suicides and PoC are more likely to be shot by cops due to incarceration) and we don't live in that reality which has become to the point it's simply invisible to you which is what white privilege is.

I don't see what any of this have to do with Gaming.

And yes in some places women are discriminated against and in some places they hold advantage over men , why?  its mostly biological factors, also today women can easily sue men for sexual harassment, and they don't need that much proof, because half the time the accusation itself is like a stain even in cases where the proof is inconclusive.
There are many women out there who are more well to do than you or me so I think its unfair to still hold onto the claim that society is biased against the female gender, yes some of them have harder time getting any perks or raises inside male-owned businesses(this is not universal) but the opposite situation could easily happen inside female-owned businesses.
 Also its not like Men have some kind of tax reduction you know.

Sure there are remains of what was once a patriachial society
If you want to reset the world's economy and give everyone the same starting wealth I'm all for that but otherwise there is really no point to laud it as cause for discrimination..

And yes Capitalism by its nature is an oppressive system to everyone and yet its one of the least oppressive by comparison.
 PoC is such a wide term that often encompasses people who intentionally and willingly put themselves in situations where they knowingly would be oppressed, that is stupid and of course they would get harsher treatment.
Also trying to include non-democratic countries in this statistic to leverage the case against democratic countries is just another example of how Activism turns to nothing more than a self-serving political tool.

So overall to conclude i'd like to say that your opinion is overly generalised because it takes only half the facts and throws out the ones that do not suit your argument which is often the case with Activism and SJW.

Using terms like "biological factors" (biotruths) and "once was a patriarchy society" is critically ignorant because we actually are still a patriarchal society (a extension of Kyriarchy) but you deny it exists via your white male privilege.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #274 on: October 05, 2016, 02:28:25 am »

Using terms like "biological factors" (biotruths) and "once was a patriarchy society" is critically ignorant because we actually are still a patriarchal society (a extension of Kyriarchy) but you deny it exists via your white male privilege.

Right, is that why the US going to have a female president and countries like Germany have a female Chancellor etc etc ?  Maybe you should have actual facts before calling other people ignorant.

But sounds like according to you the entire world is probably modeled after an Islamic state or something.  but oh wait, I forgot, SJWs would never dare criticize a society that actually believes in oppressing women, that would be like complaining that the sea is blue right?  no , instead you prefer to call out actual feminists for not being 'feminazis' and attempt to stifle the creative freedom of anyone who would provoke thought on the subject.

I don't believe your approach has any true rational behind it, and if there is its probably nothing to do with the subject matter.

Offline BrooklynVentrue

• Neonate
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2016, 02:43:27 am »

• Fledgling
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2016, 05:18:16 pm »
Right, is that why the US going to have a female president and countries like Germany have a female Chancellor etc etc ?  Maybe you should have actual facts before calling other people ignorant.

But sounds like according to you the entire world is probably modeled after an Islamic state or something.  but oh wait, I forgot, SJWs would never dare criticize a society that actually believes in oppressing women, that would be like complaining that the sea is blue right?  no , instead you prefer to call out actual feminists for not being 'feminazis' and attempt to stifle the creative freedom of anyone who would provoke thought on the subject.

I don't believe your approach has any true rational behind it, and if there is its probably nothing to do with the subject matter.

Wow...just wow.

Just because we're about to going to have a female president doesn't mean we're not a patriarchal society which matter of fact, there's also the prospect of Trump winning which matter of fact the political climate here is the sole reason why he's running in the first place so yes you're all to blame....

Even if Clinton still wins, well it's only going to reveal how deeply sexist our society truly is just like Obama revealed how deeply racist our society is but far worse especially telling by the attitudes here that contribute to it.

Also pointing your fingers at the Islamic state is ignoring our own society just like your behavior you're displaying.

Also I've seen you've used "feminazi" I guess you're not worth further discussing which matter of fact that term was first coined by Rush Limbaugh (just like using "SJW" as well which you're only demonstrating further sexism/racism/etc). Also the notion of "stifling creative freedom" is a bullshit argument which only exists inside your own head or rather it's a excuse that you can't exercise your own sexism/racism in your own 'creativity'.

This is some A+ level trolling.  :rock: :rock:

Since when correcting people with facts or calling out people's sexism & racism is considered "trolling"?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:23:51 pm by Blood of Nightmares »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »

Wow...just wow.

Just because we're about to going to have a female president doesn't mean we're not a patriarchal society which matter of fact, there's also the prospect of Trump winning which matter of fact the political climate here is the sole reason why he's running in the first place so yes you're all to blame....

Even if Clinton still wins, well it's only going to reveal how deeply sexist our society truly is just like Obama revealed how deeply racist our society is but far worse especially telling by the attitudes here that contribute to it.

Also pointing your fingers at the Islamic state is ignoring our own society just like your behavior you're displaying.

Also I've seen you've used "feminazi" I guess you're not worth further discussing which matter of fact that term was first coined by Rush Limbaugh (just like using "SJW" as well which you're only demonstrating further sexism/racism/etc). Also the notion of "stifling creative freedom" is a bullshit argument which only exists inside your own head or rather it's a excuse that you can't exercise your own sexism/racism in your own 'creativity'.

This is some A+ level trolling.  :rock: :rock:

Since when correcting people with facts or calling out people's sexism & racism is considered "trolling"?

It doesn't matter who coined the term, your tunnel vision argument  that persecutes people  and casts blame to people for being biologically different than you vs actual feminism and equality is exactly why that term preserved as there are very few other ways to describe it.

I'm not ignoring our society, so far i'm very rational by avoiding the unrealistic extremist point of view.(I.e I recognise that there are still A-holes in the world) You on the other hand would bury your head in the sand just so, ironically, in your mind you could delude yourself into preserving the very idea you rebel against.

You say I'm all these things yet none of your arguments rationalise these allegation so basically you are just doing personal attacks and slander.

• Fledgling
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:53 am »
It doesn't matter who coined the term,

And this is where the main problem lies with your own ignorance and if you're going to use lexicon coined by a conservative talk host, then I seriously recommend start questioning your worldview right now which is called critical thinking which is sadly you lack as apparent.

your tunnel vision argument  that persecutes people  and casts blame to people for being biologically different than you vs actual feminism and equality is exactly why that term preserved as there are very few other ways to describe it.

If you're going to talk about persecution then you have no idea what it actually is while you continue to wrap yourself as the victim vs people who are actually are oppressed.

Also talking about "biological differences" is scientific sexism (just like scientific racism) because gender and even biological sex are all social constructs.

Actually people like you are the reason why Feminism exists in the first place or rather you may need to educate yourself before opening your mouth.

I'm not ignoring our society, so far i'm very rational by avoiding the unrealistic extremist point of view.(I.e I recognise that there are still A-holes in the world) You on the other hand would bury your head in the sand just so, ironically, in your mind you could delude yourself into preserving the very idea you rebel against.

You say I'm all these things yet none of your arguments rationalise these allegation so basically you are just doing personal attacks and slander.

Using words like "extremism" looses all credibility since it only exists in the heads of liberals like you who are comfortable with the Status Quo.

Also stop accusing your opposition of doing the exact same thing you're doing right now. This is why people like you can't be reasoned with and we're going in circles that leads to nowhere and it's a dead end.

Last of all, I have to say the sexism in this community is what chases people away from communities like this hence they're seldom and it doesn't help our case at all.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:44:50 am by Blood of Nightmares »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2016, 04:52:59 am »
It doesn't matter who coined the term,

And this is where the main problem lies with your own ignorance and if you're going to use lexicon coined by a conservative talk host, then I seriously recommend start questioning your worldview right now which is called critical thinking which is sadly you lack as apparent.

your tunnel vision argument  that persecutes people  and casts blame to people for being biologically different than you vs actual feminism and equality is exactly why that term preserved as there are very few other ways to describe it.

If you're going to talk about persecution then you have no idea what it actually is while you continue to wrap yourself as the victim vs people who are actually are oppressed.

Also talking about "biological differences" is scientific sexism (just like scientific racism) because gender and even biological sex are all social constructs.

Actually people like you are the reason why Feminism exists in the first place or rather you may need to educate yourself before opening your mouth.

Using words like "extremism" looses all credibility since it only exists in the heads of liberals like you who are comfortable with the Status Quo.

Also stop accusing your opposition of doing the exact same thing you're doing right now. This is why people like you can't be reasoned with and we're going in circles that leads to nowhere and it's a dead end.

Last of all, I have to say the sexism in this community is what chases people away from communities like this hence they're seldom and it doesn't help our case at all.

Internet Argument Technique #11 is kind of lame and you are over-using it.

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2016, 03:38:31 pm »
New partnership for White Wolf:

http://ear-play.com/white-wolf-partnership/

:chinscratch:

Everybody Lies...
PlanetVampire Discord Channel: https://discord.io/planetvampire

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2016, 06:12:22 pm »
New partnership for White Wolf:

http://ear-play.com/white-wolf-partnership/

:chinscratch:

Yeah... the teaser should be here very soon since Halloween is right around the corner. I'm not sure I'll be able to play it, tho. While it says they are setup for Android in general, the link specifically says it's for iOS and Alexa. So I guess it's only for Sheep People.
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2016, 03:42:24 pm »
Yeah... the teaser should be here very soon since Halloween is right around the corner. I'm not sure I'll be able to play it, tho. While it says they are setup for Android in general, the link specifically says it's for iOS and Alexa. So I guess it's only for Sheep People.

There's a non-interactive teaser already available here: http://ear-play.com/stories/the-orpheus-device/

Yes, they're starting off with Alexa devices and iOS, but they've said they're looking at Android next.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2016, 04:59:32 pm »

There's a non-interactive teaser already available here: http://ear-play.com/stories/the-orpheus-device/

Yes, they're starting off with Alexa devices and iOS, but they've said they're looking at Android next.

I guess that's good to hear but still sad I won't be a part of this.
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2016, 07:01:17 pm »
Seems like the news is getting picked up by other game news sites like Gamasutra. Didn't know writers from other studios were in on it as well: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/284209/Day_of_the_Tentacle__The_Division_devs_unite_to_write_World_of_Darkness_audio_drama.php

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal