collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP  (Read 81615 times)

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
Re: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2016, 07:51:35 pm »
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10425
What's your dream game that you'd like to make? And when are we getting Bloodlines 2 or Arcanum 2? What Troika game would you like to make a sequel to the most?

I'm happy to say that I'm currently working on my dream game. As far as sequels, it's Arcanum 2, hands down. I'd much rather work on IPs of my own creation. That doesn't mean I wouldn't work on Bloodlines 2 if given the opportunity, but if I had a choice between them it's an easy call to make.​

This implies they are not working on either Arcanum 2 or Bloodlines 2...
Or he just wants us to believe that.
Whatever the dream game is he and Cain are currently working on - it's likely not the only project either Boyarsky or Cain are or will be involved in at Obsidian over the next few years.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:14:49 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2016, 09:15:25 pm »
Whatever the dream game is he and Cain are currently working on - it's likely not the only project either Boyarsky or Cain are or will be involved in at Obsidian over the next few years.

Do we know if they are working on Tyranny at the moment?

Offline Blood of Nightmares

• Fledgling
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2016, 12:11:29 am »
What the hell is with all the Social Justice Warrior crap?!

39:30

"There's incredible racism and sexism in this community."

W T F?

Also, great question from Mark Reinhagen.

Do NOT let the SJW cancer infect WoD.

Wow looks like this communities true colors is showing.

Quote from: Radical21
I'm still confused about Gamer Gate: from their past portrayal surrounding the initial incident they seem like a comic-book style cabal of sexist-prudish internet supervillians and yet they are self proclaimed SJW?

GamerGate is nothing but a harassment campaign made by a abuser to stalk and destroy his ex-girlfriend's reputation (originally) and it now turned into a angry mob chasing off women from the gaming industry under the false pretext of "ethics in games journalism".

Quote from: FirstTeam80
lol.

Shane: "We will not tolerate people that use abusive language. This is not for debate."

"It's up to each group to decide what is or is not okay."

That entire thing seemed so goddamn forced, it's hilarious.

Also, Martin seems to "get it." He understands that racism, sexism, etc. EXIST in the world. And with this being the World of Darkness, and with evil being all around us, you will likely see that kind of horror and evil in the world.

Wonder if there's a disconnect between Martin and Shane, or maybe I'm the one that's lost in translation.

Shane, and the crybabies in the crowd(WHITE GUYS WHITE GUYS WHITE GUYS!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!) seem to like virtue signaling of the highest level.

Sad.

You know what's funny? Sure 'sexism/racism/etc exists' and you're only part of it (or rather part of the problem) ironically anough.

EDIT - Nigama: Very sorry! I hit "Modify" instead of "Quote!"  Fixed it like the original except the exact time stamp on Rad's and FirstTeam80's quotes.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:44:37 am by Nigama »

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2016, 02:45:26 am »
What the hell is with all the Social Justice Warrior crap?!

39:30

"There's incredible racism and sexism in this community."

W T F?

Also, great question from Mark Reinhagen.

Do NOT let the SJW cancer infect WoD.

Wow looks like this communities true colors is showing.

Well, certainly *MY* true colors are showing, but I had no intention to hide them. I'm sure the opinions of this community are myriad. Many have probably never heard of SJW's or the strife they cause.

I'd be happy to share with you via PM or in an Off-Topic thread how I've come to this conclusion and can be quite specific about current events. In sum, let me say this. SJW's are NOT feminists (who want equality of the sexes) NOR progressives (they are actually regressive). In fact, while accusing others of being racist and sexist, they themselves often are exactly that! Only, they've redefined racism and sexism so that no one but white males can oppress others or be racist or sexist.

Also, they use banning, censorship and no platforming as a tactic to suppress freedom of speech, which I am strongly against.

Anyway, if you wanna have a civil discussion, lemme know. I'd love to hear what your view looks like from where you stand.

You know what's funny? Sure 'sexism/racism/etc exists' and you're only part of it (or rather part of the problem) ironically anough.

No need to point fingers, we're all a part of this system called Life and we ALL have a hand in it. I think generally Nightmare we agree that sexism and racism are bad things. I don't wanna see sexist or racist behavior at my gaming sessions. I want women and minorities to feel welcome and included. I've always loved that White Wolf chose to use the feminine pronoun instead of the masculine. However, where you seem to see feminists/progressives fighting for a just cause, I see hypocrites using that cause to then oppress others.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:47:14 am by Nigama »
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2016, 03:49:27 am »

Do we know if they are working on Tyranny at the moment?
Iirc I saw at least Tim Cain being mentioned as part of the team working on Tyranny. Then again there's hardly any Obsidian game (except for Armored Warfare maybe) Cain hasn't contributed to in one form or another.
Boyarsky I think joined when development on Tyranny had already reached the later stages where things like art style or world design are locked down.

Offline Blood of Nightmares

• Fledgling
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2016, 04:27:26 am »
Well, certainly *MY* true colors are showing, but I had no intention to hide them. I'm sure the opinions of this community are myriad. Many have probably never heard of SJW's or the strife they cause.

I'd be happy to share with you via PM or in an Off-Topic thread how I've come to this conclusion and can be quite specific about current events. In sum, let me say this. SJW's are NOT feminists (who want equality of the sexes) NOR progressives (they are actually regressive). In fact, while accusing others of being racist and sexist, they themselves often are exactly that! Only, they've redefined racism and sexism so that no one but white males can oppress others or be racist or sexist.

Also, they use banning, censorship and no platforming as a tactic to suppress freedom of speech, which I am strongly against.

Anyway, if you wanna have a civil discussion, lemme know. I'd love to hear what your view looks like from where you stand.

The problem is that it seems you're disillusioned of what defines what is a feminist and what is not since what you label as "SJW" (a meanginless slur actually) actually are the actual feminists and progressives that you're supposedly championing but problem is to you though, feminism is also supposed to challenge the status quo which most people possibly like yourself aren't known to step out of that comfort zone.

You're also ignoring the fact that racism (along with sexism) is institutional and goes far beyond than just personal prejudges since sexism/racism/etc is intersectional and it doesn't exist in a vacuum which is why you cannot be racist towards white males because we benefit from a system that oppresses women/PoC/etc in a daily basis (since women are far more likely to suffer rape, domestic violence/abuse & murder-suicides and PoC are more likely to be shot by cops due to incarceration) and we don't live in that reality which has become to the point it's simply invisible to you which is what white privilege is.

Also I think you may have poor understanding of what "Freedom of Speech" or "Censorship" actually (also can you provide any proof to back up your claims) is or the reasons why they ban white males from their safe spaces because well look at your behavior first of all...

No need to point fingers, we're all a part of this system called Life and we ALL have a hand in it. I think generally Nightmare we agree that sexism and racism are bad things. I don't wanna see sexist or racist behavior at my gaming sessions. I want women and minorities to feel welcome and included. I've always loved that White Wolf chose to use the feminine pronoun instead of the masculine. However, where you seem to see feminists/progressives fighting for a just cause, I see hypocrites using that cause to then oppress others.

Sadly those "hypocrites" you speak of only exist inside your head.

I think you're simply indoctrinated by GamerGate mythology or at least there's a reason why you buy into it in the first place maybe perhaps without realizing it.

Either you educate yourself or stay ignorant, is all I can say.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:29:37 am by Blood of Nightmares »

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2016, 04:34:49 am »
The problem is that it seems you're disillusioned of what defines what is a feminist and what is not since what you label as "SJW" (a meanginless slur actually) actually are the actual feminists and progressives that you're supposedly championing but problem is to you though, feminism is also supposed to challenge the status quo which most people possibly like yourself aren't known to step out of that comfort zone.

No, it's very clear that feminism is about the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

You're also ignoring the fact that racism (along with sexism) is institutional and goes far beyond than just personal prejudges since sexism/racism/etc is intersectional and it doesn't exist in a vacuum which is why you cannot be racist towards white males because we benefit from a system that oppresses women/PoC/etc in a daily basis (since women are far more likely to suffer rape, domestic violence/abuse & murder-suicides and PoC are more likely to be shot by cops due to incarceration) and we don't live in that reality which has become to the point it's simply invisible to you which is what white privilege is.

Yes, this is what I was referring to when speaking of redefining terms. Racism is racism. Sexism is sexism. A woman can be sexist. A person with dark skin can be racist.

Also I think you may have poor understanding of what "Freedom of Speech" or "Censorship" actually (also can you provide any proof to back up your claims) is or the reasons why they ban white males from their safe spaces because well look at your behavior first of all...

You have provided the proof yourself, thank you.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:49:54 am by Nigama »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2016, 05:31:27 am »

I don't see what any of this have to do with Gaming.

And yes in some places women are discriminated against and in some places they hold advantage over men , why?  its mostly biological factors, also today women can easily sue men for sexual harassment, and they don't need that much proof, because half the time the accusation itself is like a stain even in cases where the proof is inconclusive.
There are many women out there who are more well to do than you or me so I think its unfair to still hold onto the claim that society is biased against the female gender, yes some of them have harder time getting any perks or raises inside male-owned businesses(this is not universal) but the opposite situation could easily happen inside female-owned businesses.
 Also its not like Men have some kind of tax reduction you know.

Sure there are remains of what was once a patriachial society
If you want to reset the world's economy and give everyone the same starting wealth I'm all for that but otherwise there is really no point to laud it as cause for discrimination..

And yes Capitalism by its nature is an oppressive system to everyone and yet its one of the least oppressive by comparison.
 PoC is such a wide term that often encompasses people who intentionally and willingly put themselves in situations where they knowingly would be oppressed, that is stupid and of course they would get harsher treatment.
Also trying to include non-democratic countries in this statistic to leverage the case against democratic countries is just another example of how Activism turns to nothing more than a self-serving political tool.

So overall to conclude i'd like to say that your opinion is overly generalised because it takes only half the facts and throws out the ones that do not suit your argument which is often the case with Activism and SJW.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:38:29 am by Radical21 »

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2016, 05:37:02 pm »
Had a strong feeling that when Leonard and Tim got back together when joining Obsidian nor the secret Unreal project some Obsidian folks were working on had anything to do with a Bloodlines sequel. I think it all started when Obsidian teased everyone on Twitter when Paradox bought White Wolf and its IP but there were no clear indication to what that exactly means.

And yes, same goes with Paradox and White Wolf, just because one owns the other doesn't mean they are in direct control with them too. Remember White Wolf is a licensing company, they don't have to go through Paradox. Also It's all up to them if they pick up the request or not, but it can be true with any other publisher. So it basically boils down to this based on all the facts published so far: White Wolf can give to any developer studio or team the license to work on a certain product, and in this case for games, it depends on the developer which publisher to work with, if said publisher accepts the pitch. I'd assume the chosen publisher has to have an agreement with White Wolf too on the project.

Since they are openly wanting more people to be involved with creating more games, and for those who saw the Paradox Gamescom streams, they can look at any pitches of any of the World of Darkness IPs as long as it follows Paradox's pillars and if White Wolf is okay with the pitch, since it has to be canon and true to the story.

For one I'd really love to see a Hunters game done in a similar fashion as Left 4 Dead and Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide, even with a linear story progressing campaigns. It'd give us another glimpse to the World of Darkness universe through a different brand, bringing something new to the table besides Bloodlines. And it's fantastic that they want to open up the yearly game releases than to just have one major WoD game be released in each couple of years.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2016, 12:34:12 am »
For one I'd really love to see a Hunters game done in a similar fashion as Left 4 Dead and Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide, even with a linear story progressing campaigns. It'd give us another glimpse to the World of Darkness universe through a different brand, bringing something new to the table besides Bloodlines. And it's fantastic that they want to open up the yearly game releases than to just have one major WoD game be released in each couple of years.

I don't know about a L4D style , but Hunter:The Vigil had some really cool settings at launch so Xcom meets Jagged Alliance 2 meets Deus Ex can make a really cool game on top of an FPS/TPS  gameplay. Although I know I always think too ambitiously about these concepts because they are somewhat exciting.

Offline BrooklynVentrue

• Neonate
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2016, 01:41:35 am »

I said they exist, I never said I approve of them.

Holy shit...

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2016, 02:11:21 am »

I don't know about a L4D style , but Hunter:The Vigil had some really cool settings at launch so Xcom meets Jagged Alliance 2 meets Deus Ex can make a really cool game on top of an FPS/TPS  gameplay. Although I know I always think too ambitiously about these concepts because they are somewhat exciting.

It's so hard for me to get excited when any specific game is still so far off. The part of me that died with the WoD MMO will stay dead until I can get a playable WoD game. And then I may allow my excitement to return to some form of undeath.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2016, 08:53:09 am »

It's so hard for me to get excited when any specific game is still so far off. The part of me that died with the WoD MMO will stay dead until I can get a playable WoD game. And then I may allow my excitement to return to some form of undeath.

For me its a potential idea, I'm not saying that it needs to actually happen for me to get thinking about the details and how cool such game might possibly be

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2016, 12:44:56 pm »
I was wondering, maybe it's worth discussing; Do you think that production of a next single player VtM rpg will only start after they release the 5th edition of the VtM rulebook (winter of 2018 if I remember correctly what Martin Elricsson said)? Or do you think there is no rule that says that the developement of the two can't be simultaneous?

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2016, 01:50:55 pm »
I was wondering, maybe it's worth discussing; Do you think that production of a next single player VtM rpg will only start after they release the 5th edition of the VtM rulebook (winter of 2018 if I remember correctly what Martin Elricsson said)? Or do you think there is no rule that says that the developement of the two can't be simultaneous?

I don't think these things are co-dependant , like I said I think it would be at least a year or two until we hear anything about another VTM game, and even then it will probably be in development for 2-3 years or so if all goes well.

I just hope that If they do create another VTM game , they will do the right thing and pickup UE4 or Cryengine for this because it can save on much of the game-engine implementation since by now these engines have a vast array of features to create any conceivable type of game

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal