collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP  (Read 81668 times)

Offline Sian

• Fledgling
Re: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2016, 01:46:51 pm »
I was wondering: how far in developement does a video game gets announced usually? After two years maybe? I guess in most cases rumors start to surface not long after the beginning of a developement, or would say that this isn't always the case?

I think it depends very much on the developer ... some announce as soon as they got design examples, some waits till they have a working if severely limited alpha (with loads of placeholder-art and little animation) and others wait till everything is designed and coded, but still got a bug-tracker list a mile long, and some waits almost till they can see that the pre-pre-release is done, and ready for first impressions and reviews...

And I'm inclined to believe that Paradox' (even its not their development arms that making it, in all plausibility they're doing the publishing) decision to wait for announcing for longer will have an impact on how fast we gain some factual knowledge beyond teasing rumorcrafting ... I'd wont except to see it before they have it working (if quite buggy) and the first act theoretically playable ... given that the rumours about Obsidian started surfacing around, January(?), I'd first expect it to show anything in April/May or some sort...

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #241 on: September 29, 2016, 06:34:37 pm »

White Wolf Q&A- The Grand Masquerade 2016

Everybody Lies...
PlanetVampire Discord Channel: https://discord.io/planetvampire

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2016, 01:16:26 am »
What the hell is with all the Social Justice Warrior crap?!

39:30

"There's incredible racism and sexism in this community."

W T F?

Also, great question from Mark Reinhagen.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:51:58 am by Nigama »
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2016, 02:15:58 am »
What the hell is with all the Social Justice Warrior crap?!

39:30

"There's incredible racism and sexism in this community."

W T F?

Also, great question from Mark Reinhagen.

Didn't get to the Question by Mark yet but I just want to say that the concept of Nordic LARPs is probably so alien or hardcore to many American gamers , its not a big surprise that they are so concerned of that exploration overshadowing the theme of WoD.

So past that point I think they are just overcompensating in the talk about Racism vs Inclusivity   and social justice.  Half the time I think Activism and 'social justice' are just another vehicle for People to exert control over others  in a more passive-aggressive manner, so it would be interesting if they touch on that as well. (i.e Shaming people for allegedly being "privileged white guys" solely because they were born with a pale complexion or  a male gender)

For the rest I think WoD offers plenty of dramatic systems to explore these things indirectly that there is no real need to over-emphasize them. just keep it real:  The real world already has plenty of that dark stuff, at least around where I live.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:22:59 am by Radical21 »

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2016, 03:59:48 am »
Quote from: Radical21
So past that point I think they are just overcompensating in the talk about Racism vs Inclusivity   and social justice.  Half the time I think Activism and 'social justice' are just another vehicle for People to exert control over others  in a more passive-aggressive manner, so it would be interesting if they touch on that as well. (i.e Shaming people for allegedly being "privileged white guys" solely because they were born with a pale complexion or  a male gender)

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about and it probably took up 1/3 to 1/2 of the Q & A.

Meh. My kindred refuses to give up his sex slave trafficking ring just yet.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:51:21 pm by Nigama »

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2016, 10:11:49 pm »
For some strange reason I cringed when they used the word 'mainstream' :D

Anyways, I don't think I would want WoD to be as popular as GoT or as Star Wars.

The other thing, I completely agree with you guys, I thought that it was just too awkward when they went on and on with the racism and sexism topic. I really don't think that WoD's role would be to redeem the negative properties of modern society, but to have fun. And yes, discriminating and trying to raise guilt in people because they are white and male is just as bad as being 'racist' and 'sexist' in my book. And one other thing; based on my experiences (in Central Europe), tabletop rpgs are mostly played by whites and more males than females (privileged or not I think is not my place to discern).

Offline BrooklynVentrue

• Neonate
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2016, 11:35:11 pm »
lol.

Shane: "We will not tolerate people that use abusive language. This is not for debate."

"It's up to each group to decide what is or is not okay."

That entire thing seemed so goddamn forced, it's hilarious.

Also, Martin seems to "get it." He understands that racism, sexism, etc. EXIST in the world. And with this being the World of Darkness, and with evil being all around us, you will likely see that kind of horror and evil in the world.

Wonder if there's a disconnect between Martin and Shane, or maybe I'm the one that's lost in translation.

Shane, and the crybabies in the crowd(WHITE GUYS WHITE GUYS WHITE GUYS!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!) seem to like virtue signaling of the highest level.

Sad.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:46:45 pm by FirstTeam80 »

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2016, 01:36:45 am »
Also, Martin seems to "get it." He understands that racism, sexism, etc. EXIST in the world. And with this being the World of Darkness, and with evil being all around us, you will likely see that kind of horror and evil in the world.

Wonder if there's a disconnect between Martin and Shane, or maybe I'm the one that's lost in translation.

Yeah, I noticed this, as well. I think Martin was standing up to them a bit more, while Shane's background is in community management which makes me think he wants to reach out to the people and listen to their issues. Also, he says somewhere in there something like "We are progressive" which has always been more true of White Wolf than other gaming companies. White Wolf has always tried to be inclusive to women and has made strides on issues where they were a bit tone deaf on stereotyping ethnicities, so I completely see where Shane is coming from.

BUT, there's a huge difference between being progressive, open and accepting versus the cancer that is the Social Justice movement. 

Shane, and the crybabies in the crowd(WHITE GUYS WHITE GUYS WHITE GUYS!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!) seem to like virtue signaling of the highest level.

The Patriarchy must be destroyed! Erect the safe spaces cause I got raped by a ghost... oh wait, nvm, that wasn't me, it was Dan Aykroyd in the original Ghostbusters.... TRIGGERED!

Do NOT let the SJW cancer infect WoD.

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #248 on: October 01, 2016, 04:19:46 am »
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10425

"Since you [Leonard] and Tim are back together now, has there been any contact with Jason Anderson? Are you still friends? Any pipe dreams of getting back together?

We’re still friends with Jason, we get together for a Troika lunch a few times a year.

So, of course, I would love to work with him again someday, but it wouldn’t be as simple as us just picking up where we left off. When we worked on Fallout and started Troika, Jason, Tim and I all had our own specific skills which complemented each other's well. But it's been over ten years, we've all had vastly different experiences, and our areas of expertise have shifted and grown (hopefully), so it wouldn't just be a matter of us getting back together and sliding into our old roles, we'd have to figure out the balance again.​

What's your dream game that you'd like to make? And when are we getting Bloodlines 2 or Arcanum 2? What Troika game would you like to make a sequel to the most?

I'm happy to say that I'm currently working on my dream game. As far as sequels, it's Arcanum 2, hands down. I'd much rather work on IPs of my own creation. That doesn't mean I wouldn't work on Bloodlines 2 if given the opportunity, but if I had a choice between them it's an easy call to make.​

Bloodlines Cut Content​

Was one ending slot reserved for a Sabbat expansion or something similar?

I don't believe so, but I couldn't say for sure.​

Was the Cabbie intended to be Caine before White Wolf changed it in the Gehenna book?

Well, we had our version internally, but it's WW's IP, so they get to decide what is canon. I'd like to think that everyone is free to make their own decision about whether it was Caine or not. I personally believe it was Tim Cain, but that's just me.​

Did you include the cut assets because you planned to do expansions later on?

Nope, just never deleted them.​

Was Jack inside the container on the Dane or did he enter the ship near LA?

I'm not sure what you're asking. At some point before it docked in LA, he came onto the Dane and did his thing, I didn't think that was a question we left hanging. Or am I missing something?​

Who was writing the emails "from a friend" to the Bloodlines player?

See the Caine question above.​

What maps were cut from the game besides the library one?

I think that was the only one that was actually made that was cut, we had plans for other ones, but I can't remember any specifics. There were some cool maps that were made for MP that I don't think were reused in any way in the game, but that was more than ten years ago, so I wouldn't trust my memory on some of those types of details. It was... a very stressful time, let's just say.​"

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2016, 06:52:17 am »
Too bad that some of those questions wasn't taken 10 years ago. Also it seems that Boyarski and Cain didn't get together just so they can work on the next VtM game. But maybe eventually they will get to that.

One more thought about the whining. For all the SJWs who would like to be involved in WoD, I'd like to quote Smiling Jack: 'don't be a f@cking pussy.'
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:55:10 am by Saphrax »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #250 on: October 01, 2016, 10:51:34 am »

I like to see SJW represented  in the WoD in some small way , its a reality of our times when Human rights/Charity Organisations and Social Media Causes attract people to them.   I just want to see WoD treats these as anything else by giving a honest view of these along with the ideal and all the people who are 'catching a ride' on that type of stuff in order to gain popularity or power..

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2016, 01:05:57 pm »
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10425
What's your dream game that you'd like to make? And when are we getting Bloodlines 2 or Arcanum 2? What Troika game would you like to make a sequel to the most?

I'm happy to say that I'm currently working on my dream game. As far as sequels, it's Arcanum 2, hands down. I'd much rather work on IPs of my own creation. That doesn't mean I wouldn't work on Bloodlines 2 if given the opportunity, but if I had a choice between them it's an easy call to make.​

This implies they aren't working on either Arcanum 2 or Bloodlines 2...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:11:39 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #252 on: October 01, 2016, 01:15:15 pm »

I like to see SJW represented  in the WoD in some small way , its a reality of our times when Human rights/Charity Organisations and Social Media Causes attract people to them.   I just want to see WoD treats these as anything else by giving a honest view of these along with the ideal and all the people who are 'catching a ride' on that type of stuff in order to gain popularity or power..

Oh, that's completely fine with me, if it's portrayed in game, but that is NOT what the SJW's want.  As an example:

One more thought about the whining. For all the SJWs who would like to be involved in WoD, I'd like to quote Smiling Jack: 'don't be a f@cking pussy.'

This line would have to be removed from the Bloodlines game because it could trigger someone who was bullied. Also, it's demeaning to women.

My point is, the SJW's don't want accurate portrayal of their issues, they want to change the game. It's the same people that were involved in Gamer Gate. The infect anything they touch and now they've got their paws on the WoD.

Offline BrooklynVentrue

• Neonate
« Reply #253 on: October 01, 2016, 01:25:50 pm »

May already be too late. David A Hill is an extremist of the highest form (I've seen him celebrate the hypothetical murder of police officers on Twitter, among other things). He could have facts shoved in his face, and he would refuse to admit he's wrong when it runs contrary to his beliefs. He's a massive whining asshole, basically.

He has injected his views and beliefs into his work for White Wolf for years--which is why I(and others I know) refuse to purchase anything he's worked on.

If White Wolf chooses to hire him for V5, there's not a single chance I would buy it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:12:30 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #254 on: October 01, 2016, 01:52:26 pm »
My point is, the SJW's don't want accurate portrayal of their issues, they want to change the game. It's the same people that were involved in Gamer Gate. The infect anything they touch and now they've got their paws on the WoD.

I don't think anyone would cave into that, especially now that they are based off of Sweden rather than the US.

I'm still confused about Gamer Gate: from their past portrayal surrounding the initial incident they seem like a comic-book style cabal of sexist-prudish internet supervillians and yet they are self proclaimed SJW?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal