collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP  (Read 81718 times)

Offline Sabbat_stalker

• Neonate
Re: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2016, 09:26:38 pm »
 :rofl:
your kidding ?!
Did they really include those pronouns ?

Offline BrooklynVentrue

• Neonate
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2016, 09:36:52 pm »
Nope.

And it's tacky, annoying, virtue-signaling at best.

But I guess it makes sense for a make believe game to use make believe words.

Edit: I was kidding about the zerfluffle one.  :razz:

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2016, 12:40:16 pm »
What copyrights and trademarks Paradox actually bought? I read that books are now sold by Onyx Path (http://theonyxpath.com/).
Or its no longer so?

The new White Wolf owns everything pertaining to the World of Darkness, Chronicles of Darkness (formerly nWoD), and Exalted.

Onyx Path has the license from them to publish tabletop materials, as By Night Studios has the license to publish LARP materials.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #228 on: September 13, 2016, 12:30:31 pm »
As Pardox often works together with Obsidian on RPGs and as two of the Troika founders are at Obsidian right now, you might want to check out the "Star Wars Mos Eisley in Unreal 4 engine" project below, which was done by some Obsidian artists in their spare time. They surely have the resources and knowledge to build a spiritual successor to Bloodlines as a first person view RPG:

https://80.lv/articles/star-wars-scene-production-in-ue4/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:33:48 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #229 on: September 13, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »
Curiously enough, the prototype Boyarsky and Cain are supposedly working on is said to be built in UE4 too.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2016, 04:14:44 pm »

The new White Wolf owns everything pertaining to the World of Darkness, Chronicles of Darkness (formerly nWoD), and Exalted.

Onyx Path has the license from them to publish tabletop materials, as By Night Studios has the license to publish LARP materials.

Speaking of , why does the new WW website looks like it was made by someone with only basic HTML knowledge and very amateurish design taste ?  (no offence but that is putting it gently considering what it looks like).  Hope they get webdesign budget at some point.

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2016, 10:51:33 pm »
Just a note:

While White Wolf is owned by Paradox, it is a separate company. White Wolf might "partner" with Paradox in order to make a particular game, but there's no guarantee of that, and they may just as easily partner with someone else.

They'll almost certainly take advantage of any connections Paradox has -- for example, if they decide to work with Obsidian -- but White Wolf is its own company and not beholden to how Paradox does things, or even necessarily working with Paradox.

Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2016, 07:59:41 am »
As Pardox often works together with Obsidian on RPGs and as two of the Troika founders are at Obsidian right now, you might want to check out the "Star Wars Mos Eisley in Unreal 4 engine" project below, which was done by some Obsidian artists in their spare time. They surely have the resources and knowledge to build a spiritual successor to Bloodlines as a first person view RPG:

https://80.lv/articles/star-wars-scene-production-in-ue4/

So you don't have any inside information on what is going on with Obsidian where both Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarksy work on something using the Unreal 4 engine :)?

Interesting. So Wesp, are you thinking that mayhap they are trying to master the Unreal 4 engine to create the next WoD RPG? :)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2016, 08:12:58 am »
So Wesp, are you thinking that mayhap they are trying to master the Unreal 4 engine to create the next WoD RPG? :)

I really hope so ;)!

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2016, 11:11:42 am »
I was wondering: how far in developement does a video game gets announced usually? After two years maybe? I guess in most cases rumors start to surface not long after the beginning of a developement, or would say that this isn't always the case?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:13:47 am by Saphrax »

Offline FrederickVael

• Fledgling
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2016, 12:06:54 am »
Well, on an cRPG I could say whenever it hits late alpha, something that you can show and that could be considered "the game". Now when a new Bloodlines would get to alpha depends on the technology they would be using, if they know it, if they need to develop an engine (even if they later use another engine, as they did with Pillars of Eternity going to unity). PoE took like 2-3 years since the kickstarter, Torment is taking a bit more, but quite similar. TES games take a bit longer, but I think they develop their own engine.

If they started right now, I wouldn't except an announcement either until 2018 if they are doing it from scratches, or either 2017 if they want an early announcement (like they did with WoD online), or if they are using an existing engine, like unreal, or something like that, in which case the game could be on 2018, with some delays releasing on early 2019 tops.

*stops pulling dates out of his ass*

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2016, 09:33:36 am »
I think it is okay to speculate. I for one really hope that they will have a game announcement during 2017. I guess that they are getting a lot of questions about that already...

Offline FrederickVael

• Fledgling
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2016, 04:40:17 pm »
Yeah. Even if they haven't started development yet, I think they will announce something on 2017. They have started with the whole Vampire 5th edition, and they mentioned something about movies and the like, so I would understand if they wanted to have some kind of... interest on the setting by announcing stuff, even if they are far from finished.

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2016, 05:36:13 pm »
The Grand Masquerade 2016 Keynote

Everybody Lies...
PlanetVampire Discord Channel: https://discord.io/planetvampire

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2016, 02:10:01 am »
Interesting stuff where he talks about different types of blood that can be used to build your vampire in different ways. Kindof reminds me of Yin and Yang aspected Chi from KotE.
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal