collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP  (Read 81618 times)

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
Re: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2016, 12:29:33 am »
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=712

"However, Obsidian’s CEO also mentioned that there’s a small group of people within the studio that’s working on something completely new, but he didn’t want to share any details regarding that yet. What’s worth noting, though, is that the names of Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky came up while talking about this. Feargus didn’t say that directly, but he pointed that it might have something to do with a prototype using Unreal Engine, that he mentioned during his podcast with Game Informer."

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2016, 12:01:08 pm »
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=720

"So we have Eternity, Tyranny, the Pathfinder Adventures card game, and then there’s Armored Warfare. And that sucks up all but a few people. We’re looking at what the next thing will be that we’re going to make. We have Tim Cain working for us and Leonard Boyarsky has come to work for us recently. So I let people put two and two together."

That pretty much (kinda) confirms it, doesn't it?

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2016, 01:49:02 pm »
confirms what? that they make another hit post apocalyptic franchise?

Offline InTech

• Ancillus
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2016, 09:14:29 pm »
Yeah, that reads more like a totally new Intellectual Property (IP) rather than a WoD game.

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian

Offline vurkmoord

• Fledgling
« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2016, 10:18:51 pm »
AFIAC OWOD with Shane being back on the team is great news - I agree.

I think this digresses but - Leonard + Tim on a single team is quite a big one in the context of Urquhart and the relevant arithmetic, however, there is a lot of magic still unaccounted for:
* Jason Anderson (Gel of artistic, technical and operational, but remember GDD's are fundamental to getting shit done)
* Brian Mitsoda - AFAIK the story + dialog (especially Malkavian)
* Rik Shaffer (which I know is not quite into game scores anymore but it seems he's open to it

Now, all of these individuals had a massive impact on what VTMB became, so here's to hoping.

Offline Sian

• Fledgling
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2016, 11:43:43 am »
I guess it boils down to a question about, how many of the old guard should be around before it's considered a faithful successor, while at the same time not having so many old guards that it endanger the end product as a soup on old bones, instead of having some fresh tasty meat in it, bought by new creative forces working together with a select few of the oldies.

I'd say that they're either at, or close to, the sweet spot.

Offline Mond_Blutgut

• Neonate
« Reply #202 on: July 04, 2016, 01:42:05 pm »
confirms what? that they make another hit post apocalyptic franchise?

Yeah, that reads more like a totally new Intellectual Property (IP) rather than a WoD game.

I thought that last part about "letting people put two and two together" kinda sounded like "not saying we're doing Bloodlines 2, but we're doing Bloodlines 2".

With Cain and Boyarsky around, something related to Fallout could be the next logical conclusion, but since Bethesda is more interested in turning Fallout into a Minecraft/The Incredible Machine/Lego-hybrid these days I wouldn't hold my breath for another Fallout: New Vegas-like spin-off.
Especially when it's certain that an externally developed spin-off would be a better RPG than Fallout 4. I think Bethesda would like to be spared that embarrassment.

That leaves a possible sequel to either Arcanum or Temple of Elemental Evil or something completely new. All of which, I think are unlikely. Neither Arcanum or TOEE have the following or the cult status of VTMB and a completely new IP seems even more unlikely considering Obsidian's close relationship with Paradox who just so happen to be the new owners of the WoD franchise.

My bet remains on Bloodlines 2.

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #203 on: July 04, 2016, 06:47:18 pm »
While Bloodlines is a cult classic it wasn't a overall success so isn't it more likely they would do a remake of it than release a sequel to a game only certain people will be aware of? Bloodlines is a great game, in fact its the best game I have ever played and most likely the best game ever but I don't think enough people know about it to warrant a sequel. They could do a sequel to a remake if they do it right, don't rush it, use a stable game engine, sell it at the right time and advertise it well.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #204 on: July 04, 2016, 10:24:29 pm »
While Bloodlines is a cult classic it wasn't a overall success so isn't it more likely they would do a remake of it than release a sequel to a game only certain people will be aware of?

Honestly, Bloodlines is all about story and characters and the look hasn't aged that badly. What would a remake do besides improving the graphics that aren't really important? All Bloodlines fans own the game already and it sells good each time there is a Steam sale. I don't believe many of these buyers will buy a remake but most of them would buy a sequel!

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #205 on: July 05, 2016, 12:04:06 am »
While Bloodlines is a cult classic it wasn't a overall success so isn't it more likely they would do a remake of it than release a sequel to a game only certain people will be aware of?

Honestly, Bloodlines is all about story and characters and the look hasn't aged that badly. What would a remake do besides improving the graphics that aren't really important? All Bloodlines fans own the game already and it sells good each time there is a Steam sale. I don't believe many of these buyers will buy a remake but most of them would buy a sequel!

Ah but I'm not talking about about Bloodlines fans, I'm talking about the general public. Besides while Bloodlines is the best game ever it still isn't perfect there could always be improvements. While playing Skyrim for instance I noticed features that would have made Bloodlines better (Lockpicking mini game and Inventory weight rather than Inventory can only have one of each thing and may only have a certain number of each type) even though Bloodlines is better than Skyrim overall. Beyond that theirs ideas they didn't have time to finish, more dynamic clothing system and sanding off Bloodlines few rough edges.

Of course a re-release or upgrade with additional content n features, more NPC variety and bug fixes would do nicely (Project Vaulderie basically) of course if this included new dialogue from unique NPCs this would require the original voice actors.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:05:51 am by The Shadow Man »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #206 on: July 05, 2016, 08:29:43 am »
While playing Skyrim for instance I noticed features that would have made Bloodlines better (Lockpicking mini game and Inventory weight rather than Inventory can only have one of each thing and may only have a certain number of each type)

This is all a matter of taste. To me lockpicking mini games and endless inventory managment a'la Skyrim only distracts from the real game and story and Bloodlines would not need either of it...

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2016, 02:18:44 pm »
While playing Skyrim for instance I noticed features that would have made Bloodlines better (Lockpicking mini game and Inventory weight rather than Inventory can only have one of each thing and may only have a certain number of each type)

This is all a matter of taste. To me lockpicking mini games and endless inventory managment a'la Skyrim only distracts from the real game and story and Bloodlines would not need either of it...

Well I've never really had problems with inventory management in Skyrim (in fact if anything I have it in Bloodlines) besides it seems to add a extra level of realism; you can carry whatever you want as long as it ain't all too heavy for you. Theres two benefits of that sort of Inventory set up in my eyes; one you could pick up more than one of each weapon then sell it on easily and it would allow you to have a greater choice of what you have for instance you could either stock yourself to the brim with guns or hand held weapons rather than having a limit on how many of each type you can have, for instance in Bloodlines even if you had none or few hand weapons you can't own all the guns in game at once . As for Lockpicking as long as the lockpicks don't break like they do in Skyrim it shouldn't be an issue besides when you lockpick in Bloodlines all you do is press a button, all I'm saying is it would add something more to do.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:20:44 pm by The Shadow Man »

Offline jp13ms

• Fledgling
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2016, 02:24:46 am »
I have found an interview of Martin Ericsson (White Wolf’s Lead Storyteller) from a brazilian blog about news of the Chronicles of Darkness. He answers questions like, future plans about selling new lines of books, if we can expect games, and more!

http://cronistasdastrevasbr.com/2016/07/06/interview-martin-ericsson-white-wolfs-lead-storyteller/

The interview is in english, just for the record

ps.: Sorry for the bad english

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2016, 06:17:08 pm »
World of Darkness Teaser Trailer
1991 was a year that changed the world. The modern vampire myth would never be the same again. World of Darkness the Documentary tells that story.

Everybody Lies...
PlanetVampire Discord Channel: https://discord.io/planetvampire

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal