collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP  (Read 81690 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2016, 08:23:41 pm »
Well, if they leave out Mitsoda, it wouldn't be that much of a tragedy.

Who knows. We only know that Mitsoda created a lot of the things that made Bloodlines unique, from the characters to the dialogues! With someone else we might get the usual boring Skyrim/Fallout 3 NPCs...

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2016, 01:11:10 am »
I wouldn't suppose there's a translation? 

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2016, 07:46:06 am »
The article don't reveal any kind of information... Only says: "Paradox buys white woft and plan release games of the franchise in a future..."

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2016, 08:46:13 am »
The article don't reveal any kind of information... Only says: "Paradox buys white woft and plan release games of the franchise in a future..."

Here's an English version. Paradox is going public.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/267434/Paradox_Interactive_is_planning_to_go_public_this_year.php

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2016, 11:16:27 am »
"From here on - until any further steps are taken in the process - we will communicate any corporate communication in Swedish to ensure we adhere to current laws and regulations. Communication around our games will remain the same as always. Game plans and game development will be business as usual.

We also want to clarify that the principal shareholders (like myself and long time owners Spiltan Investment) in Paradox will remain principal shareholders and that only a small part of the company is in question for any future plans."

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/update-on-recent-news.912586/

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2016, 06:50:14 pm »

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/267434/Paradox_Interactive_is_planning_to_go_public_this_year.php

Oh no

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2016, 07:41:38 pm »

Oh no

Mixed initial feelings from my perspective, but ultimately I don't see it as being a big deal. I'm honestly not an expert in corporate structure, so I don't know how White Wolf fits into Paradox from an accounting structure. I'm kind of presuming it's similar to the setup of Google being owned by it's parent company Alphabet, but we'll find out sooner or later.

As for negatives, with having firms invest in your company, there are always risks there could become too many cooks in the kitchen. I also feel like EA, Ubisoft and Activision tend to rush games to make Wall Street happy, and also cut creative corners to appeal to a broader audience for that same reason.

A couple positives would be more public transparency to know and understand Paradox's financial standing and outlook. It can also help them raise more money to acquire better equipment, more staff and perhaps acquire other companies. Most of the positives as it relates to raising money is dependent on keeping the stock price above $5 a share.

Time will tell what all of this means, but I don't know that it's very significant atm. We don't know what the IPO price will be, or the market cap, cash flow ect yet, so it's really hard for me to say much. What are your thoughts?

Offline Wizard Chute

• Fledgling
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2016, 07:00:57 am »
Well, I hope LaCroix is on the board of shareholders.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2016, 07:14:28 am »
Well, I hope LaCroix is on the board of shareholders.
You must really hate them to set Jack on their tails...
Anyway, in any normal person the only thing Lacroix inspires is hate for him and loathing for any job he offers. Not a good idea if you want a motivated team for a good game...
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2016, 08:37:35 am »

Oh no

Mixed initial feelings from my perspective, but ultimately I don't see it as being a big deal.

Its just a trauma from CCP who takes pride in being a traded company and look where it got them.

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2016, 02:07:38 pm »
A questionnaire from Paradox's website.

http://humanresources.paradoxplaza.com/

At the end, you get a response based on your personality, as well as a message...

:chinscratch: :javokis:

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2016, 05:34:46 pm »
Hm, Paradox and Obsidian on the same page :)!!!

P.S.: It's seems that this is not WOD related :(:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vtmb/comments/4a0ulh/possibly_a_new_world_of_darkness_game_if_you/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:00:39 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2016, 06:17:58 pm »
Had a feeling it won't be WoD related. Mainly because the dead giveaway was the lack of White Wolf logo.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:20:30 pm by atrblizzard »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2016, 10:39:46 pm »
Can you people stop hoping for some WoD Announcement , it is way too soon. Takes at least a year or two for a project like that go public if its viable..

Best thing you can do meanwhile is do WoD related things .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal