collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP  (Read 81724 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2015, 08:57:51 am »
It goes a step further than that. You're an established name with the Bloodlines crowd and having you on their beta testing team could be good promotion to the rest of the community. 

Thanks for that honour ;), but they never contacted me and they didn't contact atrblizzard from Project Vaulderie either, as far as I know. So they talk about the community but don't use it yet...

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »
Having hard time understanding what they are talking about during the presentation because of the audio quality, mostly starting from 26:29.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:47:14 pm by atrblizzard »

Offline Saphrax

• Methuselah
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2015, 08:50:02 pm »
Having hard time understanding what they are talking about during the presentation because of the audio quality, mostly starting from 26:29.

Yeah, I noticed that part. Did they contact you already or is this the first time you hear about them talking about Vaulderie?

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2015, 09:02:33 pm »
its like they are speaking some dead alien language

Offline Tricky

• Fledgling
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2015, 10:13:29 pm »
its like they are speaking some dead alien language

When you hear a lot of Scandinavian-English, you kinda get used to it. I've been living in Norway for a few years and I got every word of that bit.

Offline Nigama

• Dead
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2015, 11:03:28 pm »

Your eternally faithful scribe is here to serve! The part concerning Vaulderie:

"Tobias: Got a lot of questions about the Vaulderie mod.
Martin: Which is a mod.. multiplayer mod for Bloodlines in Unity.
T: Yup. Yeah, I just expect to get questions about that..
M: Which was Cease and Desisted by CCP. And we're looking into it.
T: So, basically... (laughing) Shut up! Um.. we just started talking to these guys. We don't really know the history there, so, but we're talking. Our way of looking at this is it's more fun to talk to creative people than to have the lawyers talk to them. Uh, and I think, for me at least, it makes sense. Um, I'll comment more on that but really the MMO, we got a lot of questions about the MMO that CCP cancelled, as well. Yes, we acquired all the assets, we have all the materials and everything. The engine isn't such that we can fire it up. Me and Martin, at least, are lacking that knowledge. If CCP didn't manage to finish this, of.. Martin and I are not going to do that over Christmas and get that out, unfortunately. It would be awesome.
M: Yeah. And I think this is the place to do a massive shout out to everybody who worked on the dev team of the MMO. We are super happy to have all of the amazing a(rt).. all of the concept art, all of the thoughts and details that went into the design. Some of those things will be directly carried over into the One World of Darkness because there are a lot of people who have sweated and bled for a lot of years and that will not be in vain."

They switch to a different topic after this. If my transcription skills are still required please let me know!
"You may not remember us, but we may be responsible for your lack of memory."

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2015, 08:55:27 am »
Your eternally faithful scribe is here to serve! The part concerning Vaulderie

Much appreciated, Nigama! :rock:

I assume my bait wasn't thought throughout, but I think this would mean that Bertram is almost out of the hideout. I hope the transcript concerning the Vaulderie part answers the most asked question. :cometome:

Offline Katapagan

• Methuselah
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2015, 01:35:58 am »
White Wolf will, however “operate as an independent entity with a dedicated team.”

While there are similarities in spirit, White Wolf’s IPs have very different themes than Paradox’s titles, and deserve their own brand and team.”

These lines give me enough reason to believe that they are going to create a new Vampire game as we know it. I dont think they would buy the whole series just to turn it into a strategy game, that wouldn't be logical in terms of business.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2015, 01:54:51 am »
White Wolf will, however “operate as an independent entity with a dedicated team.”

While there are similarities in spirit, White Wolf’s IPs have very different themes than Paradox’s titles, and deserve their own brand and team.”

These lines give me enough reason to believe that they are going to create a new Vampire game as we know it. I dont think they would buy the whole series just to turn it into a strategy game, that wouldn't be logical in terms of business.

Strategy game? no I don't think so. Anyway its already an RPG brand ... you have VTES that have some tactics and strategy but that is meant to inspire roleplaying.
Also you have ByNight studios that are in charge of the LARP portion that could also maybe translate to an Online LARP-like experience such as NWN or VTMR.

Offline sadboy

• Fledgling
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2015, 02:46:00 pm »
It would be good if anyone made an attempt at a new game although its been said before it RTS that they are known for.
Without modders this game would have become a classic that was forgotten about.
If you look at some of the terrible AAA games released recently you wonder why it took so long for someone to take a chance on Vamp.
Ideas are the hardest thing for a developer as most engines are already made so Vamp should tick the boxes for investors. Vamp had a good market it was just badly financed and marketed at the time of release coupled by the shocking game halting bugs at release.
On a positive note lets hope the game gets some work done on it and is not put up on a dusty shelf like it was for so many years
If my English is poor its because I dont speak English

Offline Sian

• Fledgling
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2015, 05:48:13 pm »
It would be good if anyone made an attempt at a new game although its been said before it RTS that they are known for.

calling Paradox games RTS, promotes ideas that are about as different from what they do as calling Vampire the same as My Little Pony forumboard roleplaying. ... while strictly speaking its correct that it is Strategy and that it superficially is playable in RealTime, their games have more in common with Turnbased games of old (Panzer General, Risk) than it have with Warcraft.
Paradox Grand Strategy games runs with hundred of thousands of 'ticks' (depending on the franchise either shown as being a day or an hour long) within each you can do as much or as little as you want to, and each action for your armies or the like takes a predetermined number of ticks (moving from X to Y). Stripped down to its barest parts, Paradox games are tabletop board games with a massive amount of tiles (3000 is probably a reasonable guess, if prehaps a bit on the low side), and lots of dicerolling.

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2015, 05:10:39 pm »
I think VTM could work as - a few, select - strategy titles. There are already Vampire: The Dark Ages mods for Crusader Kings II, and a straight port of VTM over to that kind of strategy game would be just about perfect (maybe cut down on about a third to a half of the current content in CK2 and replace it with supernatural vampire stuff).
I would like to see Vampire: The Eternal Struggle done up and brought into the new age, like all these new Magic: The Gathering card games, as seen on Steam. I haven't even gotten the chance to play VTES yet, and someday I'd like the opportunity.
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2015, 10:36:03 pm »
I haven't even gotten the chance to play VTES yet, and someday I'd like the opportunity.

Why not play VTES with me online using Lackey CCG? I'm a beginner so I like to play slow and take my time (most of the group that play it play way too fast and it takes the storytelling fun out of things).

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2016, 02:21:32 am »
Speak on...
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Blood of Nightmares

• Fledgling
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2016, 02:36:42 pm »
Actually play Fallout: New Vegas which shows that Obsidian is capable of doing....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal