collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP  (Read 81638 times)

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
Re: Paradox buys White wolf from CCP
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2015, 07:26:28 pm »
Thanks for the link for the interview! This looks great, this is what the IP needed, a way forward. Frankly, I am more relaxed regarding VTM 4E, since they obviously have a great metaplot in mind for all the cWoD lines! We'll see. I hope next year we will at least get Bloodlines HD edition (although VTMR HD, i.e. ported to some more modern engine, would be rad as well). Way to go Paradox!
HD versions of those games would be great, not so much for the graphics (even Redemption looks good imo), but mostly for the modding possibilities and larger player base that comes from a newer engine. However, I think we're likely to hear more about Vampyr from Dontnod Entertainment, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dontnod_Entertainment, before we hear anything about new WoD games. That's because this is all so new. Paradox/White Wolf needs to get an overview of what they have, what they want to do, get into contact with other developers and publishers and then wait until they have something worth showing. Doing an HD release, they'd need to get Activision's permission, since they published both VTMR and VTMB.

Whatever the case, we're bound to get something eventually and I doubt Paradox wants their first WoD game to be underwhelming or rushed.

I just hope that for once they will break the tradition and won't try to make a VTM game with some obscure engine , so far all of the VTM games have either been on homebrew engines or engines that were barely out of the oven.

Yes it worked out with the excellent NOD engine but I think that is only because it was a team of hardcore elite veterans who learned from their mistakes with Dark Forces 2 and very versatile designers/artists. so that was more of a fluke I think.

P.S I found this article about the development of VTMR :http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131555/nihilistic_softwares_vampire_the_.php?page=1] [url]http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131555/nihilistic_softwares_vampire_the_.php?page=1[/url]

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2015, 07:26:41 pm »
Doing an HD release, they'd need to get Activision's permission, since they published both VTMR and VTMB.

Exactly, and they said so in the Rock, Paper Shotgun interview. So I wouldn't bet on that! Also I would rather want to see something new instead of just a HD release, after all I know Bloodlines in and out and the graphics were never the main reason for why this game is so great...

Offline Bohemian Toreador

• Fledgling
  • Only Beauty redeems...
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2015, 10:38:23 pm »
HD versions of those games would be great, not so much for the graphics (even Redemption looks good imo), but mostly for the modding possibilities and larger player base that comes from a newer engine. However, I think we're likely to hear more about Vampyr from Dontnod Entertainment, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dontnod_Entertainment, before we hear anything about new WoD games. That's because this is all so new. Paradox/White Wolf needs to get an overview of what they have, what they want to do, get into contact with other developers and publishers and then wait until they have something worth showing. Doing an HD release, they'd need to get Activision's permission, since they published both VTMR and VTMB.

Whatever the case, we're bound to get something eventually and I doubt Paradox wants their first WoD game to be underwhelming or rushed.

Doing an HD release, they'd need to get Activision's permission, since they published both VTMR and VTMB.

Exactly, and they said so in the Rock, Paper Shotgun interview. So I wouldn't bet on that! Also I would rather want to see something new instead of just a HD release, after all I know Bloodlines in and out and the graphics were never the main reason for why this game is so great...

First of all, Wesp you are like totally right that graphics ain't the main reason why VTMB is so great. This having been said, however, does not mean that HD edition (the easiest way to do that would be to update it to a new iteration of the Source engine 2006/2007) would not make this great game even greater. As Ventrueloquist wrote, one the main benefits would be better modding possibilities. Also, this would fix some annoying "features" of the early engine version and glitches that just can't be modded out of the game as it is.

I also think that it would be quite some time before we will get new cWoD cRPG, so if Paradox would manage to make out a deal with Activision for HD re-release of VTMB, it would attract new folk, serve as a hold-over game for the community waiting for the actual "next-gen" cWoD cRPG and it would also create a hype for the things to come.

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2015, 09:32:04 am »
First of all, Wesp you are like totally right that graphics ain't the main reason why VTMB is so great. This having been said, however, does not mean that HD edition (the easiest way to do that would be to update it to a new iteration of the Source engine 2006/2007) would not make this great game even greater. As Ventrueloquist wrote, one the main benefits would be better modding possibilities. Also, this would fix some annoying "features" of the early engine version and glitches that just can't be modded out of the game as it is.

I also think that it would be quite some time before we will get new cWoD cRPG, so if Paradox would manage to make out a deal with Activision for HD re-release of VTMB, it would attract new folk, serve as a hold-over game for the community waiting for the actual "next-gen" cWoD cRPG and it would also create a hype for the things to come.

First and foremost, I don't think anyone could have worded it better. There's just so much more than mere graphic overhauling in remaking Bloodlines, not to mention adding new features that were cut during development. Multiplayer, extended modding, incomplete or bug ridden engine features and cross-platform support are just part of what Vaulderie could bring to the table. While new games are being developed, a Bloodlines remake being outsourced to a fan project under an official brand wouldn't limit their manpower on their current projects. We all like to see new titles, but those are going to take a while, so having something to hold on to along the way wouldn't be a bad thing to have. There's a huge potential for everything if it's done right, something to preserve Bloodlines even more.

Offline Signothorn

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2015, 04:46:40 pm »

First and foremost, I don't think anyone could have worded it better. There's just so much more than mere graphic overhauling in remaking Bloodlines, not to mention adding new features that were cut during development. Multiplayer, extended modding, incomplete or bug ridden engine features and cross-platform support are just part of what Vaulderie could bring to the table. While new games are being developed, a Bloodlines remake being outsourced to a fan project under an official brand wouldn't limit their manpower on their current projects. We all like to see new titles, but those are going to take a while, so having something to hold on to along the way wouldn't be a bad thing to have. There's a huge potential for everything if it's done right, something to preserve Bloodlines even more.

And I think it should be said, in terms of how quickly Vaulderie could be made, AtrBlizzard once shared a demo with me of the Santa Monica pier map in Unity that looked fucking awesome. I believe he said it only took him a few hours to throw together. He learned a lot along the way, and theoretically could reproduce his old work quicker than he took previously.

Having said all of that, Tobias Sjogren has his hands full atm. During the interview I watched on Twitch, he mentioned he also still has some of his previous job duties to deal with, in addition to running White Wolf and unifying everything with partners. He made a tweet yesterday about 14 meetings he has today, so he is busy. I don't expect any real news regarding video gaming for some time, but it should be noted that even though he's busy, he still responds on social media and does interviews. He also has demonstrated that he tries to keep up with mods and patches to a certain extent, at least to know they are still being made.

I can't launch a huge campaign for Vaulderie right now, because at the moment, it wouldn't accomplish anything right this moment, and it would potentially unintentionally sour any future relationship we may have with the new White Wolf.

Having said that, it would be good for White Wolf to know there is still interest in Vaulderie. Keeping threads about Vaulderie alive about it, re-posting old articles on social media with hash tags ect, to "plant seeds" without sounding like protesters. It would be good for AtrBlizzard to have a position of strength, with a demonstration of continued interest when he gets a response from Tobias.

While it would be awesome, don't get your hopes up. I'm also EXTREMELY caffeinated right now, so sorry for the rambling, hope it makes sense.  :pee: :sexme: :puke: :thanku:

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2015, 04:55:01 pm »

Could you guys outline what you want out of Bloodlines multiplayer? because at the moment it sound like just another FPS MP Deathmatch in a WoD theme which is probably something other multiplayer FPS games have done better by now and in that sense it won't feel much like Bloodlines I think..

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2015, 10:23:17 pm »
And I think it should be said, in terms of how quickly Vaulderie could be made, AtrBlizzard once shared a demo with me of the Santa Monica pier map in Unity that looked fucking awesome.

I still believe there is a big difference between just porting maps and recreating the whole game that connects them! The levels are only the background to the much more complex gameplay and I would be surprised if Vaulderie would be finished much sooner than a possible new computer game in the WoD. Just remember how long it took the Black Mesa team to recreate a much more linear shooter and they aren't even finished yet!

Nevertheless I think AtrBlizzard should contact Activision right now, as Paradox is busy anyway. Maybe after another glorious CoD game cashing in at the moment, they don't care about a Bloodlines remake and with that info he could go to Paradox and get their okay too! On a similar note, Psycho-A could update all maps using the improved compilers of the SDK and thus create a HD version using the Source engine without any permission.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2015, 10:26:00 pm »
Could you guys outline what you want out of Bloodlines multiplayer?

I don't know what AtrBlizzard wants, but judging from the hidden stuff in the game files, MP would have been vampires against hunters in some kind of team deathmatch or capture the flag/object. Or even pure coop, as in the alpha MP version already working with the patch players can't hurt each others, only NPCs. One could imagine storming the Leopold Society with a team of vampires or attacking Venture Tower as a group of hunters...

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2015, 08:41:43 am »
How about that? Maybe Obsidian will try to move the cancelled RPG into the WoD?

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/166860/obsidian-game-announcement-coming
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:55:46 am by Wesp5 »

Offline Leorgrium

• Brujah
  • Neonate
  • Brujah
    • Twitter
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2015, 12:29:39 pm »
Obsidian will be announcing a new RPG in "the next few months"

http://www.pcgamesn.com/obsidian-will-be-announcing-a-new-rpg-in-the-next-few-months

Everybody Lies...
PlanetVampire Discord Channel: https://discord.io/planetvampire

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2015, 12:36:50 pm »
Obsidian will be announcing a new RPG in "the next few months"

That's referring to the same interview on which the Blue's News article is based. I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been in a Fallout setting because that belongs to Bethesda, but what if the cancelled game was supposed to be an Alpha Protocol similar open world modern time spy and intrigue RPG? They could easily enhance it to be in the World of Darkness, keeping a lot of maps and adding supernatural gameplay!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:39:59 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Radical21

• Antediluvian
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2015, 10:55:25 pm »
I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been in a Fallout setting because that belongs to Bethesda.

Obsidian made Fallout:NV

So even though Bethseda bought the license : Obsidian , sporting former Black Isle designers , are actually the ones who created the Fallout franchise, so its not unlikely that they will make another game with Bethseda as publishers, Especially since I heard bethseda didn't learn much from Fallout NV so F4 is pretty much F3 with basebuilding.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2015, 08:12:20 am »
Obsidian made Fallout:NV

I'm well aware of that, but a new Fallout game couldn't have been what the cancelled RPG for MS was all about. And I doubt that Obsidian would be so secretive and glad about this if it would be all the same like with F3. Still it's a possibility of course...

Offline atrblizzard

• Administratrix
  • Methuselah
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2015, 07:02:07 pm »
I'm intrigued as to see what they will do with it. Still can't see a Bloodlines II happening anytime soon. I doubt the cancelled Obsidian project under a new publisher has anything to do with VtM nor they wouldn't go for an Xbox exclusive title.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2015, 07:30:34 pm »
I doubt the cancelled Obsidian project under a new publisher has anything to do with VtM nor they wouldn't go for an Xbox exclusive title.

I think that the new RPG has nothing to do with the cancelled XBox exclusive title, besides being used as the base of the new game, maybe by re-using maps, models, textures and other assets.

BTW, have you heard anything from Paradox or Activision regarding Project Vaulderie? Do you think you will be able to work on it or not? What do you think about Psycho-A's Source HD idea?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:34:03 pm by Wesp5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal