collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Music volume  (Read 806 times)

Offline Marrik

• Fledgling
Music volume
« on: August 31, 2021, 01:41:14 am »
Is there any way to lower the music volume? It's kind of annoyingly loud and out of place sometimes.

I'm pretty early in the game at the beach house where you have to retrieve the explosives, and the super loud upbeat guitar music is A) almost drowning out the dialog and B) wildly out of place. I don't remember this area even having music in vanilla (I'm using the unofficial patch).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 02:09:45 am by Marrik »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: Music volume
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 07:53:16 am »
Regarding the song not present in the vanilla version:
If you're using the plus patch then lots of cut content are restored. Cutted songs but also models, events and also levels. If you only want bug fixing then install the basic patch.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Music volume
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 10:08:06 am »
For most maps the volume of the music is set in the soundscheme files. If you are using the patch or one of the major mods they should all be extracted from the archives.
The files are plain text so any texteditor will do, you can find them in /Unofficial_Patch/sound/schemes. If you're using a mod, replace /Unofficial_Patch by the mod directory.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal