collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Multiplayer Plot/Mechanics?  (Read 895 times)

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
Re: Multiplayer Plot/Mechanics?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 09:37:35 AM »
I do realise that my response to RavingNeonate may seem a little confrontational, if it does that was not the intention, it can be hard to make sure you get the right tone across.

I think Hunters should exist, I just don't see them as PC material in WoD or CofD for that matter just seems out of place. Giving them supernatural powers is something that I've never been keen on either, the whole point of them is to fight Supernaturals not to be another kind of Supernatural in their own right. Humans gaining magical powers, that's what Mages should be, I have issues with Mage too but that's another issue altogether. I honestly don't see what people see in playing Hunters in WoD or CofD.

Don't worry about it Shadow Man.

Your concerns are legitimate, it is hard to implement the two opposite worlds into a single title and provide a decent experience. I am optimistic about the Bloodlines Prelude in this aspect though, because based on what I have read and seen thus far, Entenshreck is on a good path to accomplish something exceptional. Although it will be just for a few missions, it will still be a much treasured moment for many of us that don't mind grabbing a pyro-crossbow in a leather trenchcoat and being on the opposite side. :D
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline The Shadow Man

• The shadow that haunts the mind
  • Methuselah
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »
I am optimistic about the Bloodlines Prelude in this aspect though, because based on what I have read and seen thus far, Entenshreck is on a good path to accomplish something exceptional. Although it will be just for a few missions, it will still be a much treasured moment for many of us that don't mind grabbing a pyro-crossbow in a leather trenchcoat and being on the opposite side. :D

Well from what I can work out the Prelude is kind of like a fall from grace if you think about it. That certainly has promise.

Offline Yosiel

• Neonate
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 11:26:48 PM »
I will second this sentiment as well, I didn't want to show antagonistic to Shadow Man, as I find his point valid, with only time we will see how Prelude brings to the table, (I'm hyped about it).

Also I would like to ask if anyone knows a proper way to make a MRPG with strictly competitive opposing teams, since when a player have to talk or read a quest the game experience takes the time at the leisure of that player. What would the other party should be doing? it wouldn't be allowed to run? Should the game remove all dialogs? What do you think?

* Game Files