collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Most OP Discipline?  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
Most OP Discipline?
« on: October 27, 2020, 03:52:08 am »
I've been watching a VTMB let's play and the player is a Toreador, and I have to say Celerity is overpowered.  I mean she made the first fight with Andrei look easy.  I've played as Toreador before but I did not level Celerity I chose to focus on Presence and Auspex.  I thought Thaumaturgy was OP but Celerity gives it a run for it's money.  It felt like I was watching a Matrix based game.

Which discipline or disciplines do you think are overpowered?

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: Most OP Discipline?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 06:44:11 am »
Tbh the first fight with Andrei is easy, if you know the drill. That said, Celerity is certainly overpowered.

“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 01:25:55 pm »
If by overpowered you mean AWESOME AS HELL *Guitar Riff* :rock: !!!

It's a bit OP but it's deffinitely a lot of fun. It really gives you that sensation of playing a dark, gothic version of The Matrix.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 04:24:50 pm by Highwayman667 »

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 01:38:35 pm »
Awesome as hell is Dementation, driving people crazy is the best.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 04:22:31 pm »
Dunno what about awesome or overpowered, Bloodboil is most devastating if you ask me. When it's over didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. Just doesn't have gasoline smell. Like napalm in the morning. Mmhhmmm.

Offline Rubinia

• B nazjxh kOgg klh !
  • Ancillus
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 03:37:40 pm »
I guess the 1+ Obfuscate is the best. Nothing like Predator-like sneaking around without enemy ever knowing.
I agree the Dementation is powerfull, the 5th dot basically means all you need to do is to sit back and watch your enemies die/kill each other/don't pay attention to you.
In the Antitribu mode the wolves-summoning Animalism was potent, as soon as you get ability to borrow Obfuscate on the wolf. You get an invisible pet fighting for you in melee, and noone would try to shoot it. On the other hand, it was extremely costly in blood and dogs were quite fragile. You also needed to cast it in-advance just before the battle starts.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:39:43 pm by Rubinia »
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 09:34:03 am »
I never got very far in the Antitribu mod, because I ran into a lot of bugs, but the invisible wolf sounds awesome. Maybe I'll give it a try again with a new install. I want to playa Tzimisce so badly.

― Doctor Who

Offline page

• Neonate
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 02:42:33 pm »
Different strokes for different folks. One way to look at it is versatility. Maxed Thaumaturgy, for example, gives us entire palette to paint with: ranged attack + area attack + stun + protection + blood replenishment. So pretty much all combat scenarios in the game can be solved with these.

On the other hand, Celerity is just this one power with varying efficiency, but "time manipulation" mechanics always, always rule. Not only in terms of dps, it simply opens a whole new world of possibilities and doesn't require many hotkeys.

Dominate and Dementation are kinda similar in this game, pretty useful from lvls 1-5 (no matter if UP or not), although simple lvl 1 Trance/Command/Veil of Madness already give you an upper hand vs Blood Guardian in the gallery, and that's pretty much the only significant fight before you have access to lvl 5 powers. From this point of view, these are gold. And I could go on. Obfuscate is beautiful if you're willing to take that playstyle, again we're manipulating physics here so it MUST be good, regardless of game, system, setting etc.

Perhaps the only Discipline that you can't reasonably call OP in Bloodlines is... Auspex  :taunt:

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 01:08:34 am »
I agree with what everyone has said about others disciplines that are just as effective.  I just liked the Neo type slowdown of celerity.

@Page:  Tremere are my favorite clan and I agree Thaumaturgy has so much utility.

Offline Rubinia

• B nazjxh kOgg klh !
  • Ancillus
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 04:36:38 pm »
fylimar is it the Firefly's mechanic in your picture/avatar? I think I recall that umbrella. The sad thing with two types of Tsimitze in the Antitribu is that fleshcraft-shapechagners have no access to anismalism, so you can't get all the best at the same time. I remember the invisible wolves have helped quite significantly in the underground parking place in the Downtown.

Auspex was helpful to both power up my defense and enabling (if I am fast enough) to hack computers without the skills (but as soon as you remember all the passwords by heart it no longer matters). It's supposed to make you an excellent shooter (haven't noticed) and works well in dark areas. And seeing enemies through walls is nice. So, Auspex has very vast use, but it is far from being overly powerful.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 06:05:27 pm by Wesp5 »
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 05:48:12 pm »
fylimar is it the Firefly's mechanic in your picture/avatar? I think I recall that umbrella. The sad thing with two types of Tsimitze in the Antitribu is that fleshcraft-shapechangers have no access to anismalism, so you can't get all the best at the same time. I remember the invisible wolves have helped quite significantly in the underground parking place in the Downtown.

Auspex was helpful to both power up my defense and enabling (if I am fast enough) to hack computers without the skills (but as soon as you remember all the passwords by heart it no longer matters). It's supposed to make you an excellent shooter (haven't noticed) and works well in dark areas. And seeing enemies through walls is nice. So, Auspex has very vast use, but it is far from being overly powerful.

Yes, that's Kaylee from Firefly. I made that costume, including the umbrella and it is still my favorite costume so far (you always get smiled at at conventions).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 06:06:24 pm by Wesp5 »

― Doctor Who

Offline page

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 11:56:41 pm »
fylimar is it the Firefly's mechanic in your picture/avatar? I think I recall that umbrella. The sad thing with two types of Tsimitze in the Antitribu is that fleshcraft-shapechagners have no access to anismalism, so you can't get all the best at the same time. I remember the invisible wolves have helped quite significantly in the underground parking place in the Downtown.

Oh yes, Auspex has many uses and it's a Swiss knife of sorts... but none of these bonuses puts you over the top the way Celerity, Obfuscate, Forti, Dominate etc. do.

Offline Compassion

• Fledgling
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 04:34:40 pm »
Well ... I am surprised there are people here who dont think Celerity is the most OP discipline. Its in many cases simply godmode. Level it early, level it hard, and you'll have little trouble. Its why I recomment every newbie to play Toreador and focus on Celerity.

The exceptions are if there are no bloodpoints whatsoever to be had, or if the Masquerade is to be protected. In the later case, Fortitude is better. Fortitude is great in general, kind of a lesser Celerity really. It doesnt help as much but it makes you a lot more tanky and you dont even have to level it very hard as long as you always wear the latest armor and put a point or two into Stamina as well.

Thaumatury isnt very universal, as far as I can tell. It seems to be more a bag of gimmicks than a set of tools for every situation. For example, it doesnt help that much against the really big bosses. Or am I missing something there ? And it has high blood point cost on everything, which is a huge problem whenever theres not that many blood points to have. Celerity always only needs one bloodpoint per use, unless the combat actually lasts longer than 14 seconds, so you can use it a lot longer.

Obfuscate makes many troublesome quests extremely easy. It also allows to thin crowds rather effortlessly. Unfortunately it doesnt help at all against the really tough bosses, which just see through it. Still, Obfuscate is great.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal