collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ming Xiao Ending *Spoilers*  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
Ming Xiao Ending *Spoilers*
« on: January 03, 2021, 03:12:25 am »
I just watched the Ming Xiao ending over on youtube and it left me wondering.  Couldn't the fledgling break the chains and overpower Xiao and her henchmen?  I mean the fledgling by all accounts is very powerful by the end, and seeing them tied to the sarcophagus and thrown into the ocean is underwhelming. 

So yeah couldn't the fledgling break their bonds and kill Xiao and her cronies?

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: Ming Xiao Ending *Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 07:15:56 am »
(S)he choose the quick way, so (s)he didn't receive the xp points to become powerful. At least not enough to overcome all the Kuei-Jin in one single strike....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Happydeathclaw

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 07:43:31 am »
Simply forbidden :rofl: Evil chinese happy ending is forbidden

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 08:22:21 am »
Right. The Hollywood ending can only be achieved in Hollywood. So you have to side with the Anarchs...  :taunt:
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 02:41:32 pm »
I just watched the Ming Xiao ending over on youtube and it left me wondering.  Couldn't the fledgling break the chains and overpower Xiao and her henchmen?  I mean the fledgling by all accounts is very powerful by the end, and seeing them tied to the sarcophagus and thrown into the ocean is underwhelming.

So yeah couldn't the fledgling break their bonds and kill Xiao and her cronies?
On one hand, I do like the ending because it's tailor-made for people who payed no attention to the story :rofl:

But I guess it does have that inconsistency. If those chains aren't cursed or hexed then how come the fledgling can't just break them and escape ?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 03:59:37 pm »
If those chains aren't cursed or hexed then how come the fledgling can't just break them and escape ?
That would depend on how strong a vampire really can be. Also don't forget that you have no weapons and there are several Kuei-Jin around, among them Ming! A better approach for the player would be to free himself from the chains once he hits the ocean ground and the Kuei-Jin are far away. Then he could swim or walk underwater. That would certainly take some time so Ming got what she wanted namely that you are out of the picture while she takes LA!

A more illogical situation was in the throne room of LaCroix itself. My Toreador with maxed out Celerity couldn't have been hurt by mere machine guns, so I swapped some with flamethrowers to make the enemies a valid threat...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 04:07:35 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 04:33:22 pm »
@Highwayman667:  I completely forgot that the chains may be cursed.  Who knows what kind of curses the Kuei Jin know of?

@Wesp5:  As for a vampire's strength I remember the serial killer was throwing cars in my direction while in the junkyard.  But what you say could also be true.  The fledgling could have just broken free once Ming Xiao was out of the area.  I know Ming Xiao was powerful but her henchmen were just human.  The fledgling killed a bunch of them when they infiltrated the temple.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 04:48:10 pm »
Don't forget these "human" henchman are actually Kuei-Jins.

Anyway, what I think is still this: you take the shortcut, you pay the price.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 05:07:17 pm »
The more logical solution was to just Stake the Pc , and then there was no need for any cursed chains at all, why they (Troika) didn't do it must again be something related to time limit and coming up with something "alive" at the same time. i said alive because if you stake a vampire then he/she can't move therefore they couldn't show pc struggling to get out of chains.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 07:14:17 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 05:46:46 pm »
@Barrabah:  But are these humans really Kuei Jin?  I mean are they supernatural like Ming XIao?  Or are they just humans under the Kuei Jin umbrella.  By the way how are you feeling?  Hope you are doing well?

@Tarulu:  Yes!  Why didn't they just stake the fledgling then chain them to the sarcophagus.  In the intro we see the fledgling and their sire get staked and both are not dead.  Jack also says that staking a vampire only paralyzes them.

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 06:05:16 pm »
@Talyn82 Well i think making the cutscene this way was either their only thought or the one that was easiest to implement. If it was the second then it would have been kinda unnatural to show fledgling in a static state so they couldn't just add a stake into it since if they did then fledgling had to stay in a statue like state which would be unnatural and made players asking the question why is it like this, since they had no knowledge of how a stake made a vampire totally paralyzed.

Story wise we can also argue that Kuei Jin didn't know about using the stake since they were already experimenting with vampires in Fu Syndicate. Then however we must also consider the whole matter of death of Grout cause if i remember correctly there was a stake in place of his death.

Either way in WOD using the stake and then throwing vampires in ocean or sunlight is a real thing and would have been much better than using some chains which make no sense.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 07:15:23 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 06:22:12 pm »
@Tarulu:  I agree with everything you said.  It does make sense that it would be weird for first time players who forgot what Jack said at the beginning to see the fledgling not moving.  I guess I never thought of that because I remembered the intro and what Jack says about staking a vampire in the heart. 

Also you are right the Kuei Jin knew little of a vampire's weaknesses hence why they had the Mandarin running tests on Barabus, and once we free Barabus he or the fledgling deletes the data provided by the Mandarin's research. 

Yep I agree a stake would had made more sense that some chains which if not cursed the fledgling could have broken.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 07:18:23 pm »
Don't forget these "human" henchman are actually Kuei-Jins.

How sure are we of this :chinscratch: ?

Those "Kuei Jin" guys have human aura and their blood can be perfectly consumed. If a kindred drinks from a Kuei-Jin, doesn't that do something different ?

I always thought the only Kuei Jin there was Ming Xiao. The others in her temple were her "ghoul thugs", so to speak.

Offline tarulu

• Methuselah
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 07:43:03 pm »
I think even if cursed it is still possible to break with certain powers like war form, Since your body size and shape changes with it.

@Highwayman667
There is also one jumping NPC in there which i guess is Kuei Jin and was added by plus patch in temple.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 08:22:48 pm »
There is also one jumping NPC in there which i guess is Kuei Jin and was added by plus patch in temple.
Indeed, I used him to restore an unused Chang Brothers skin. Including him we have 4 actual Kuei-Jin (Ming Xiao, the Kathayan, the two Chang Brothers and this one) and all the others are just humans.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal