collapse

Author Topic: Malkavian Madhouse in Grout's Mansion  (Read 2549 times)

Offline chowmanfu

• Fledgling
Malkavian Madhouse in Grout's Mansion
« on: October 03, 2017, 12:06:04 PM »
Hello! I've just started playing Bloodlines, again. The last time I played was about a decade ago. I'm using both the UP 9.8 and Extreme patches. It's fun.

I found a 'madhouse' in Grout's mansion that wasn't there before. The entrance is in the room just before the room with the phonograph and Grout's imprisoned wife.

I completed what I could and can't find a solution to the 2nd telephone call. I can't find any information on this 'madhouse' through web searches.

Ten years ago I would've suffered looking around the 'madhouse' for the answer. Now I'm older and don't have the time to be walking in circles with a mouse.

I joined the forum, just now, just for help. I work ten hour shifts for the rest of the week. Can someone help me?

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
Re: Malkavian Madhouse in Grout's Mansion
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 02:31:44 PM »
You went in via the exit. So you can't get everywhere. The entrance is behind the locked door in the corridor with the cells. The room where you also find the crate with ammo.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:33:26 AM »
You went in via the exit. So you can't get everywhere. The entrance is behind the locked door in the corridor with the cells. The room where you also find the crate with ammo.

Isn't that just a passageway where you can look down into the cells as you pass? 

Offline chowmanfu

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:35:41 AM »
Thanks Malkav!

I didn't realize there was another route through the mansion. What's with all the furniture stuck on the ceiling? Will I be missing anything nice if I skip this part? I've already pulled the lever on the back of the mausoleum (where the sunlight strikes) and received two phone calls.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 09:35:23 AM »
I didn't realize there was another route through the mansion.

It was pretty much conceived as a shortcut to avoid the fighting in the cellar with the cells.

What's with all the furniture stuck on the ceiling?

That's just weird Malkavian furniture like the whole maze which we build after beta screenshots.

I've already pulled the lever on the back of the mausoleum (where the sunlight strikes) and received two phone calls.

Once you are out of the mansion and through the red room you are basically out already, so there is not much left...

Online Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 09:37:36 AM »

Isn't that just a passageway where you can look down into the cells as you pass?
Nope, the entrances to that passage are two hidden doors in the wall of the corridor. One is close to the door to the storage room with the maze entrance, the other near the exit of the cell block.

chowmanfu, unless Wesp has hidden something so well that I didn't find it, you have seen the most interesting parts of the maze. The rest is some more weird architecture.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline chowmanfu

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 04:18:20 AM »
Thanks guys! Sorry about the late reply! I really do work a lot. If I had kept to programming when I was younger I would have loved to contribute to Wesp's work. Playing this game 10 years later is a blast. I can't tell you how much I cursed the crawl up the Skyline shafts just to check my email...arghhhh.

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 09:45:59 AM »
The addition of this "Malkavian Maze" is a refreshing experience: you get an insight into Grout's framed murder I guess, when he tried to cover up his retreat from the real world. Other than this, I cannot really find a reason for the newspaper that is found in the small chapel. ;)
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »
Other than this, I cannot really find a reason for the newspaper that is found in the small chapel. ;)

You are guessing correctly ;).

Offline DarkZephyr

• Caine's Plaything
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 08:55:05 AM »
This is some necrobumping but I just discovered this for the first time and I HAD to praise it.  What a nice addition!  It was genuinely creepy, too! Mannequins always creep me out.  I was genuinely startled when I left the room and they were all standing there.  lol  I jumped about 2 feet!   AND we get to find out how Grout faked his death and we find out what happened to Kent.  VERY cool! 

I am curious to know who "Mother" is! 

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 02:06:03 PM »
Can I be honest? I really prefer to do the vanilla route AND the maze. Groutville is not tedious as the warrens which needed a shortcut. I think it can be better if all these levels can be played on a single playthrough....
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Online Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 02:26:57 PM »
That maze (along with the library) is the best restored place in the game...I love how utterly bizarre it is, and the mausoleum room is both so beautiful and deadly (it has great music too). It's also the only time we see sunlight in the game.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 02:40:06 PM »
That maze (along with the library) is the best restored place in the game...

Thanks, the intitial maze was created by EntenSchreck from some beta screenshots...

I love how utterly bizarre it is, and the mausoleum room is both so beautiful and deadly (it has great music too). It's also the only time we see sunlight in the game.

... but the later rooms and especially the mausoleum are all mine :)!
Like Like x 1 Love Love x 2 View List

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2019, 08:12:59 PM »

Absolutely (although I would also list the chateau)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Online Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »

Absolutely (although I would also list the chateau)

Wait...what chateau? XD
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.