collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Last few bosses  (Read 276 times)

Offline chaoticjoy1

• Fledgling
Last few bosses
« on: November 13, 2018, 03:08:29 PM »
Does anyone else think that the last few bosses (sabbat leader, Chinatown leader, and the sheriff) are a bit unbalanced? My character had great stats, the best armor, and mainly used a katana. You shouldn't have to be limited to using a flamethrower on all the last boss fights. Especially being able to EASILY dispatch ANY bosses before those ones.

My point is that they are ridiculously strong and hard to kill. Like too hard.

Also that there seems to be a huge gap in difficulty with all the other bosses compared to the last ones.

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror,
victory however long and hard the road may be;
for without victory there is no survival.

Offline argikt

• Methuselah
Re: Last few bosses
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »
I don't know if you had been playing for a long time, but a typical complain is that you're overpower and bosses are weak.
Melee is usually better vs bosses than ranged. "Chinese boss" is an exception...
I doubt people will agree with you...

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
That is the first time you're playing? Back a the time it came out I hadn't played any RPG games (only an hack n slash), it took me long to end this game, even restarting a few times
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »
Hm, the manbat fight can be a bit annoying because of the reinforcements he flies in. And Ming is easier to handle with guns, but I can't say the bosses are overpowered.
There are other fights I find a lot more difficult, at least if you don't have the right set of disciplines: Romero's zombie fight, Zhao's warehouse or the outside fight at the society come to mind.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline chaoticjoy1

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 07:25:53 PM »
I have played a few times.

I am always strictly melee. I am guessing I should expand from that and start using more ranged weapons. Just always preferred melee.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror,
victory however long and hard the road may be;
for without victory there is no survival.

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »
Like Jack says, it's better to keep up with the times (or something like that)
Which clan are you?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 09:50:16 PM »
I have played a few times.

I am always strictly melee. I am guessing I should expand from that and start using more ranged weapons. Just always preferred melee.
Well, I prefer melee too. But that's no reason not to use guns in situations where it makes the fight easier. After all, as Romero says: "Style doesn't count for Jack..." And the main thing in any fight is to bring the enemy down as fast as you can, no matter the means.
Well, Santa Monica is purely melee of course, because the 38 is simply crap. Downtown is mostly melee, too, except for Vic. Hiding behind the table and using a Glock is easier.
In Hollywood for the most part I use melee or disciplines. Only for the fight with Andrei I use a gun. Jumping on the table and using the Colt Anaconda is the best option here.
In the warrens, if I don't use a shortcut provided by the patch, it's different. For the headrunners and fat guys the knife is best, for the spider chicks I prefer the Anaconda.
Chinatown is mostly melee again.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »
Ming?  Definitely.   The others?  No.  Sheriff is easiest with flame and guns but the bat form can be easily handled with melee (guns still easier) - very easy.  Andrei?  Never tried melee - he lasts two seconds using the flame thrower.  Getting two canisters for the sheriff and Ming is tricky, though (you can't load it in a haven so must go outside or, after the cab ride, back to your haven to load it so you can get the second.  I've always considered this a bug. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:30:19 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Antediluvian
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 09:18:15 AM »
Never got the feeling that the bosses are overpowered or underpowered... every opponent has a weakness, plus there is a logical method to the firearm approach: it's easier to just shoot volleys and run around when facing a towering four meter squid with tentacles than blindly running into it with a knife or ax. Also, in real WoD, I doubt that any sane vamp would rush headlong into a fight with a shape-shifter having only a gardening hook.
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »
If you ask me, they're fat yet underpowered due to the (lack of) an AI. Once you find out their weaknesses and learn simple patterns, they're dead with anything, ranged, melee, without weapons, without bloodpacks, by fists while being stark naked... With enough time, it's not difficult to take down Ming by melee only barely taking any damage, she's quite predictable.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:34:46 PM by deicide »

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
One day we'll now how to edit animations and AI.... just don't lose the hope

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 05:04:15 PM »
they are surely underpowered as malkavian which was poorly invested in combat most of fights were  too easy just some of early ones like BG were hard and i was doing my first run back then so i can only think how easy it is for someone who is invested in combat and playing a better clan for fighting and has already finished game once or twice.

i do really think some changes must be made to final bosses

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »

I disagree. Bloodlines is not a game about fighting and the bosses must work for almost every build that isn't suitable as you can't avoid them like other fights...

Offline tarulu

• Neonate
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »

I disagree. Bloodlines is not a game about fighting and the bosses must work for almost every build that isn't suitable as you can't avoid them like other fights...
i get your point but while bloodlines is not a combat game it has combat and there is always more than one way to beat your enemies so if someone just doesn't have a good build he should get clever he should use flame thrower or game tricks or bugs or just dodge fast and attack faster or lots of ammo but it shouldn't be like if he can't use any of these options he should be able to beat the bosses because bosses are part of the game and in order to progress you must beat them so whats the point of making them so easy to beat in just few mintues and few hits?my pc was very weak but still he beat the bosses in a very short time really should it be like that? a non combat clan a player not so good in gameing and first time runner and a none combat build,should he be able to beat bosses so fast and so soon?i really don't think so! fighting must be more fun too you should not be able to just drop down enemies in a few hits if they are supernatural.

and even if with all of that a player can't still win which is strange then he should just go back to an older save and get more ready for battles.
but i do really think its easy to progress without a good build cause you can store lots of ammo and blood packs and even if you are not a good player with a bad build you can still win using that method so whats the point of getting the fun from fighting because of few players?
i don't know how many people agree with me but as my own run i didn't enjoy fighting very much except in santa monica and a little in down town cause there was some challenge and thats the whole fun! i remember in order to beat the bg i was trying to find a way and at the end i got the torch from the hunter chick and with that i was able to beat BG without a blood pack so that was kinda fun and i had to find a way to bypass it cause my pc wasn't good for fighting and i think if anyone's pc is not good for fighting he  or she must find another way to do it.

* Game Files