collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Isn't it kind of easy to be a "good" vampire?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Marrik

• Fledgling
Isn't it kind of easy to be a "good" vampire?
« on: September 01, 2021, 01:47:29 am »
Maybe it's just because I'm used to the nWOD vampire games, but doesn't it seem kind of overly easy to be a vampire with max humanity? I mean, is it even possible to end up with low humanity without randomly going on a killing spree?

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: Isn't it kind of easy to be a "good" vampire?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 09:13:24 am »
A few things lower your humanity (if I remember correctly for example being mean to Hannah, the dying girl in the Downtown apartments). But yeah, if you act decent, why shouldn't humanity go up?
I did a Sabbat playthrough with ClanQuestMod once and had to lower my humanity to 3 in order for Andrei to take me in and that was pretty easy too - it did involve a bit of killing though (mostly thugs).After that, I did get my humanity up to 7 again without problems. The game doesn't really make it hard either way.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Marrik

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 12:18:52 pm »
Isn't part of the idea of the Vampire games that it's supposed to be difficult to retain your humanity, though?

Offline Rubinia

• B nazjxh kOgg klh !
  • Ancillus
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 04:55:04 pm »
The most funny dialogue options ever happen when you got low Humanity and hight Intimidation stat.

I always had a feeling that the reason of all these little & easy gains of Humanity thorought the gameplay is that it was intended for loosing all Humanity to be a gameover, like loosing all Masquarade levels. So there needed to be some way to catch up in case you end up too low. I guess the Humanity originally was meant to have a much heavier inpact in the game than it is now.
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal