collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is it possible to get "Pimpin' for Romero" as a Nosferatu? (UP 10.1)  (Read 381 times)

Offline Pumma

• Fledgling
Re: Is it possible to get "Pimpin' for Romero" as a Nosferatu? (UP 10.1)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 05:49:24 AM »
It is the same as the bonuses in other quests - don't kill anybody or do not been seen or things like this. And the second step (the task from Ox) is to kill Shu.

The main problem here is that this is not a real bonus, because people using this without a walkthrough will not kill Shu and thus the result is actually one less XP.

It was more of exploit in the Vanilla game as the book's one or class feature as the CD quest but was quite intentional from the developers side and was made available for more than 1 class after the implementation of disciplines in dialogs so it became more of a bonus than specific clan feature. And after UP+ 9.6 it is available for all classes but the better part of them just receive the XP doing nothing for it. The result is that 4 of 7 classes receive 6 (8) XP for killing Shu (Andrei at King's Way gives you 6 XP for much more, Gargoyle and Hengeyōkai gives only 3 XP and I can go on but there is no point in this). So I suggest to make the Shu quest like the werewolf one. The goal is to kill Shu of course not that clear or to escape the werewolf and you receive more XP for doing better - scare or disable or cool down Shu and kill the werewolf. As the werewolf the player can't know about the extra without exploring or reading.

I am suggesting to add them an action for this hidden step and assigning the bonus reward to it. If you agree I could try to do some of the work but I am not sure I have the knowledge and skills to do the whole task.

And the problem with this is once I have e.g. the warform spook people, players would expect that to happen for everyone else that reacts to a Nosferatu appearance. Just in case this is even technically possible...

That I agree fully but I am expecting that this is possible for the war form and the blood shield and I have more concerns about Brujah and Toreador and the implementation of a way for them. Presence lv2 is Dread Gaze in PnP game, Lv3 could cool him down and probably is possible for Toreador but the Brujah haven't got many option because both Celerity and Potence are more than questionable and the only other option that comes to mind is anger (frenzy) as with Samantha but this time to scare Shu. After all we could only know is it possible if we try.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 10:16:18 AM »
And after UP+ 9.6 it is available for all classes but the better part of them just receive the XP doing nothing for it. The result is that 4 of 7 classes receive 6 (8) XP for killing Shu (Andrei at King's Way gives you 6 XP for much more, Gargoyle and Hengeyōkai gives only 3 XP and I can go on but there is no point in this).

1. You commonly get more XP in later parts of the game just so you can level up better.
2. If you kill Shu, you get 3 XP, if you deal with him another way you get 2 XP. I won't add new gameplay elements for one measly XP!

Offline Barabbah

• Methuselah
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 05:55:57 AM »
I could highlight the changes but it will take me some time. It is up to to how you wanted it.

If I need to compare two text files I use notepad++ with the compare plugin. It's a lifesafer :)
The sarcophagus is a lie!

Offline Pumma

• Fledgling
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »
I will make them red in doc format if that is OK with you and you will have them by the end of the week if not earlier.

Wesp, I am ready with the doc file, just say how to send it to you or where to upload it.

P.S.  :facepalm: My bad. I send it to you with PM.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:06:16 PM by Pumma »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 06:09:19 PM »
I send it to you with PM.

Thanks, I got it! I will take a look, but I can't promise to use all changes...

Offline Pumma

• Fledgling
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 07:50:49 PM »
I send it to you with PM.

Thanks, I got it! I will take a look, but I can't promise to use all changes...

I don't expect you to use everything. Some of the notes are appropriate for adding in the walkthrough, other are more like bugs report or exploits and there are notes which are for personal use. Also if anything is unclear I will do my best to clarify it. Meanwhile I found 2 strange 'loops' or repeatings in the dialogs - 1 for Knox, other for Beckett. With Knox the PC could have 2 time the path with the bonus XP but the bonus XP is received only ones. About Beckett - after SoL the PC could have 2 times the lines about the destroying of Sabbat pack at Hallowbrook Hotel.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 10:20:55 PM »
Meanwhile I found 2 strange 'loops' or repeatings in the dialogs - 1 for Knox, other for Beckett. With Knox the PC could have 2 time the path with the bonus XP but the bonus XP is received only ones. About Beckett - after SoL the PC could have 2 times the lines about the destroying of Sabbat pack at Hallowbrook Hotel.

If you can point me to the exact lines, I could fix these. If critical info is involved it should stay though, in case the player overread it the first time...

Offline Pumma

• Fledgling
Meanwhile I found 2 strange 'loops' or repeatings in the dialogs - 1 for Knox, other for Beckett. With Knox the PC could have 2 time the path with the bonus XP but the bonus XP is received only ones. About Beckett - after SoL the PC could have 2 times the lines about the destroying of Sabbat pack at Hallowbrook Hotel.

If you can point me to the exact lines, I could fix these. If critical info is involved it should stay though, in case the player overread it the first time...

The solution for Knox is quite simple. In line 165 'and G.Knox_Quest == 0' should be added because the PC could directly go and receive the quest and than again ask for in line 165 if this check is not added. The check should look like this 'G.Knox_Mission == 2 and G.Knox_Quest == 0'.

For Beckett the PC could have line 912 earlier (leads to line 921) and line 933 later which also leads to line 921 (I think that the PC could have line 933 two times). It's annoying but not game breaking.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
The solution for Knox is quite simple. In line 165 'and G.Knox_Quest == 0' should be added because the PC could directly go and receive the quest and than again ask for in line 165 if this check is not added.

Done and in 159 too. This was an overseight as the other lines have this check already!

For Beckett the PC could have line 912 earlier (leads to line 921) and line 933 later which also leads to line 921 (I think that the PC could have line 933 two times).

I don't see how this would be possible...

Offline Pumma

• Fledgling
The solution for Knox is quite simple. In line 165 'and G.Knox_Quest == 0' should be added because the PC could directly go and receive the quest and than again ask for in line 165 if this check is not added.

Done and in 159 too. This was an overseight as the other lines have this check already!

Thanks.

For Beckett the PC could have line 912 earlier (leads to line 921) and line 933 later which also leads to line 921 (I think that the PC could have line 933 two times).

I don't see how this would be possible...

I was quite unclear. The PC can't go twice on line 931 but can for line 921 - the first time from line 912 and the second time from 931-3. There is no check that prevent this. Also if the PC decides to ask questions (line 661) before reporting to Beckett about Johansen, he or she can't do the reporting anymore - may be it's intentional may be not.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
The PC can't go twice on line 931 but can for line 921 - the first time from line 912 and the second time from 931-3.

Ah, I now see it and will prevent it using a new variable in line 921. As for going back to 661, maybe it's intended to get the bonus.

* Game Files