collapse

Author Topic: In the upstairs bathroom at The Asylum...  (Read 9792 times)

Offline VentrueIan

• Ventrue Witch / City Gangrel Patron
  • Methuselah
  • All I want is immortality, is that so much to ask?
Re: In the upstairs bathroom at The Asylum...
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:55 AM »
Now that you mention it, the Toreador clanbook has several referrences to clan members who consider themselves walking pieces of art.  Almost without fail, people with that attitude are hopelessly deluded, egotistical and ultimately useless and forgettable.

Which fits VV like a dictionary definition. But then, how often has art been pragmatically useful? Arts primary use is to increase the quality of life. Being a flirt, I'm sure she's patched and healed many a damaged ego (Hatters for instance, how many hot red- heads do you think gave him the time of day before meeting VV?) Also keep in mind, Toreadors as a whole have never been known for being particularly useful, save for having as many connections as Ventrue in the human mechanics of things.
Be it though science, occult, or becoming a living ghost, if one can grasp immortality, I'll find out before the next life. Fuck reincarnation.

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 01:06:05 AM »
"You've met VV, have you? Of all the Kindred I know, she seems the most alive. She's young still, though - but nonetheless adept. She's not my childe, but she's become like a daughter to me." - Issac

I have never activated that particular line of dialogue... what do you have to say to Isaac?  Or is this just in the sound files?

Edit. -- Just found it in the sound files.  Weird.  I thought I'd asked Isaac about everything I could, and heard every line of dialogue.

I guess my theory is wrong.  (erase erase erase)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:22:32 AM by PGM1961 »
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 01:19:49 AM »
VentrueIan is right. I remember that quote too. I think it comes up if you bother to ask him about VV. It was just a piece of pointless conversation though.

Offline VentrueIan

• Methuselah
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 01:46:29 AM »
Which reminds me, while were on Issac, did any one else lose respect for his character when he refused to help his childer? Instead of saving the person he put in this position to begin with, he leaves it to a fucking kid to clean up his mess. I like Issac all in all, but that was shitty, especially how he just wore rose colored glasses like everything would just be okay on its own. Typical Toreador, I grant, but still shitty.
Be it though science, occult, or becoming a living ghost, if one can grasp immortality, I'll find out before the next life. Fuck reincarnation.

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 03:49:21 AM »
So that's your excuse to give up on all personal hygeine? If you're not a Nossie, you're gonna get treated like one pretty damn quick, there.   :justabite:

"I bathe, um, occasionally" - Jack

VentrueIan said:  Which reminds me, while were on Issac, did any one else lose respect for his character when he refused to help his childer? Instead of saving the person he put in this position to begin with, he leaves it to a fucking kid to clean up his mess. I like Issac all in all, but that was shitty, especially how he just wore rose colored glasses like everything would just be okay on its own. Typical Toreador, I grant, but still shitty.

Yes, I most certainly did.  However, it was expected (not an exact quote but ---):  "Hah, Isacc help me?  He would never come anywhere near this club especially with hunters around".   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:05:42 AM by Nanaloma »

Offline _username

• Got Stront?
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 04:08:05 AM »
If only there was such thing as Cainite Contraceptives.

Plan C, anyone?  You know...for all those unwanted/unexpected, spontaneous acts of eternal damnation.
LUNA NOBIS PROVIDET

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 06:30:06 AM »
Isaac is basically a pussy then. I didn't particularly care for him, but he was respectful enough in conversation. I know this is kinda hijacker behaviour, but it's game related. Speaking of Isaac, what is the best way to deal with the stone golem thing? I never really got a feel for that. I always persuaded it to join the anarchs of hollywood, but is it better to talk to Strauss?

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 07:07:26 AM »
Plan C, anyone?  You know...for all those unwanted/unexpected, spontaneous acts of eternal damnation.
Plan C is already in effect. It's called the Sheriff.

You should always talk to Strauss no matter what you're planning on doing to the gargoyle. If your Persuasion is high enough (I want to say 5), he'll give you a device that halves damage taken from the gargoyle, and bonus experience if you go back and tell him you "solved the problem". However, you get more experience for convincing the gargoyle to side with Isaac/peaceful resolution (6 Persuasion?) than you do for breaking it apart. If you choose that option, either have points in Unarmed combat and use your fists (+Potence if you have it), the sledgehammer (conveniently available from Red Spot), or be prepared to spend a lot of ammunition with shotgun-class firearms. When he lifts up his foot to squish you, take a step or two back, and then smack him when he's recovering. Easy win if you get the timing down.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:55:46 AM by Rick Gentle »
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 04:43:04 AM »
Plan C is already in effect. It's called the Sheriff.

Was going to say the Prince but, yeah, his sheriff is really plan c.  But I'm sure that as a Gangrel, you know that clan plan "c" is to abandon them right off and let Darwin fix the problem.   :vampwink:

You should always talk to Strauss no matter what you're planning on doing to the gargoyle. If your Persuasion is high enough (I want to say 5), he'll give you a damage that halves damage taken from the gargoyle, and bonus experience if you go back and tell him you "solved the problem". However, you get more experience for convincing the gargoyle to side with Isaac/peaceful resolution (6 Persuasion?) than you do for breaking it apart. If you choose that option, either have points in Unarmed combat and use your fists (+Potence if you have it), the sledgehammer (conveniently available from Red Spot), or be prepared to spend a lot of ammunition with shotgun-class firearms. When he lifts up his foot to squish you, take a step or two back, and then smack him when he's recovering. Easy win if you get the timing down.

In addition, if you build a bit differently, stone man cuts the conversation off short and basically says, "let's rumble".  Besides, you can always tell Isacc who made the gargoyle AFTER getting Strauss' XPs/money (?) and get locked out of the chantry.  Which begs another hijack:  never actually crossed Strauss as he is a strong candidate for the I-net advise you are getting so, if you do cross him, are you still locked out at end game and thus have only three of four choices?

Offline VentrueIan

• Methuselah
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 05:03:37 AM »
Actually, if you add the lines right in the dialogue, after you talk him into joining Issac you can have him join you as a companion. Seeing that big bastard kill your enemies with a sledghammer is actually entertaining to me. But then, I normally play ventrue, so what else can you expect? Becuase of his size I normally end up sending him to the haven to be a badass animated statue, but I still like collecting him.

Offline Ventrueloquist

• Methuselah
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 07:31:18 PM »
Actually, if you add the lines right in the dialogue, after you talk him into joining Issac you can have him join you as a companion. Seeing that big bastard kill your enemies with a sledghammer is actually entertaining to me. But then, I normally play ventrue, so what else can you expect? Becuase of his size I normally end up sending him to the haven to be a badass animated statue, but I still like collecting him.

That would be with the companion mod installed I assume. It's good to point out such stuff, so you don't confuse other people. I persuade the gargoyle to join Isaac whenever I'm playing a persuasive character (any clan except Brujah or Gangrel), though it sure is fun to be rude to the gargoyle. I didn't know that you could get XP with any clan, I usually just tell Strauss about the Gargoyle when I'm Tremere.

Offline Malkyjeff

• Methuselah
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 11:28:11 PM »
How do you know that there isn't a third person in jeanette/tharese?
DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 01:31:33 AM »
I know *I* wouldn't mind completing a Jeanette/Therese/other threesome.   :cometome:
Remember: It's not the size of your fangs that matters; it's what you stick them in.

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 04:32:14 AM »
If you were able to sleep with Jeanette after the Ocean House, you already have... Therese was in there too, watching with disgust.
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

Offline Rick Gentle

• Gangrel Playboy
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 05:17:41 AM »
Let her call you "daddy" and it's all good.