collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: If the police found the sarcophagus... Wait, what?  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
If the police found the sarcophagus... Wait, what?
« on: August 27, 2021, 04:18:35 pm »
Alright, this is a weird question, I know, but please bear with me. It's in some way connected to the Prelude Mod, but I'm trying my best to set you on the wrong track in order to avoid spoilers for those who'd like to play Prelude III someday. Don't worry, the police won't find the sarcophagus in the Prelude Mod. I need your ideas for another reason.

Imagine the police somehow found the sarcophagus and somehow found out
Spoiler for Hiden:
that it was full of C4.
Where would they bring it? What would they do with it?

Edit: marked this one little info about the sarcophagus as a spoiler, just in case...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 04:21:15 pm by Entenschreck »

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: If the police found the sarcophagus... Wait, what?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 06:48:46 pm »
Interesting question....

Spoiler for Hiden:
It would be a problem for the plot of the main game. I mean, they work for the vampires in charge (the Camarilla), one of the first thing they would do is tell them their precious sarcophagous is full of explosives. But if someone else, for an example a detective with no connections with the cammies, he would try to find someone to defuse it or bring it somewhere safer for the citizens of LA.... or if we're talking about a lunatic with grudges against everybody he would put it where it could do the maximum damage possible. In any case in my opinion it must be someone external to the police force.

My draft is good or I went off track on what you guys are planning?
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 07:18:48 pm »
Well, I guess they would first return it to the museum where Johansen would X-ray it and find out that it doesn't contain a pickled king. What happens then? If someone involved in the investigation is on the Cam's payroll they would of course inform Lacroix. In any case they have to try and defuse it, which is not an easy task without the key. And they'd ask inconvenient questions like
-who put the stuff in there?
-is this connected to the murders on the Dane?
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 10:11:22 pm »
I think what EntenSchreck really wanted to ask is where would the police store such a dangerous item?

Offline thewarsend

• Keeper of Elysium
  • Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 12:56:12 am »
If they knew it was full of C4, they wouldn't store it anywhere. Since they lack the key, they wouldn't be able to safely open it without damaging it to some degree and thus they wouldn't be able to disarm it, so the only safe thing they could do would be to destroy it, with even more explosives. Any archeological or historical significance it might have would no longer matter if it means a lot of people could die because of it.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 08:21:05 am »
Outside of town for sure
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 11:31:47 am »
I think what EntenSchreck really wanted to ask is where would the police store such a dangerous item?

Yes, exactly. It's difficult to explain while trying to avoid spoilers  :smile:
Okay, next try:
The police found the sarcophagus, realized it was full of C4 and disarmed it (somehow, I guess... doesn't matter). Of course they suspect that this it's all part of some kind of terrorist attack. The sarcophagus and the C4 are evidence and must be kept around for examination. Where would the police store them? How would they secure it?

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2021, 07:15:02 pm »
Not sure about the sarcophagus, but the explosives would probably go to a military base where they are equipped to keep that kind of stuff safe.
They might even store the sarcophagus with the c4 inside there until further examinations are complete.

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 11:55:49 am »
Not sure about the sarcophagus, but the explosives would probably go to a military base where they are equipped to keep that kind of stuff safe.
They might even store the sarcophagus with the c4 inside there until further examinations are complete.

That's pretty much the conclusion I was a bit afraid of  :smile: Alright, big spoilers for Prelude III ahead!

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm currently planning out the levels for Prelude III and one mission will require the PC to find explosives for Jack. Forget about all that nonsense about the police finding the sarcophagus. What I need to find out is where an approriate location for the PC to find the explosives.
Remember the bunker from Prelude I with the Sire and their plans to blow up the Ventrue Tower? The PC remembers, too, so that's where they'll start looking for the explosives, only to find that the police already found it and took the explosives away. C4 is safe to transport and store, as it only really explodes under special conditions.
The big questions now are: What's the most intersting level I could build around that (get in, steal the explosives, get out)? And what kind of highly secured stronghold can I get away with while still staying fairly realistic and somewhat connected to the real Los Angeles? The LAPD has its headquarters in downtown, at the heart of the city. Is it okay to just assume that they have a highly secured armory in their basement, or should I rather not stick too much to the real world and make up some kind of prison-island styled fortress on a rock off the coast?
How much is too much?

Offline Avadonica

• Methuselah
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 02:03:28 pm »
I think that make up some kind of prison-island styled fortress on a rock off the coast is a great idea to hide important quest things to hard find them. =)
Or we can suppose that they have a highly secured armory in their basement but the C4 they moved to prison-island for some needs and you need first to infiltrate their secured armory to find out the information where C4 is.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 09:00:26 am »
Well, the police certainly has some kind of "evidence locker" for this kind of stuff. But my guess is that something like this is not in HQ but in some guarded and armored warehouse in the outskirts.
On the other hand, I doubt that they would keep so much high yield explosives there. I still think they'd ask the military for help if they have to store all the c4 from the bunker for evidence.

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2021, 01:46:37 pm »
I think that make up some kind of prison-island styled fortress on a rock off the coast is a great idea to hide important quest things to hard find them. =)
Or we can suppose that they have a highly secured armory in their basement but the C4 they moved to prison-island for some needs and you need first to infiltrate their secured armory to find out the information where C4 is.
Great in theory, but that would mean twice the amount of work  :undecided:
On the other hand, I would like to have a connection between this mission and the first mission of Prelude II and for that I need the LAPD headquarters map...

Well, the police certainly has some kind of "evidence locker" for this kind of stuff. But my guess is that something like this is not in HQ but in some guarded and armored warehouse in the outskirts.
On the other hand, I doubt that they would keep so much high yield explosives there. I still think they'd ask the military for help if they have to store all the c4 from the bunker for evidence.
That would certainly be a logical thing to do, but there are no assets I could use to make a military base map. I'm also not so sure if a classical military base would be a fitting environment for a game like Bloodlines. It's mostly just a bunch of bunkhouses and hangars on a very open field. All I can think of would be a map of another bunker outside of the city. I could certainly build a better bunker than the one in Prelude 1, but is it really that much fun to go from one bunker to the other?
I'm currently playing with the idea of having a basement for special anti-terror units underneath the LAPD headquarters. A basement, that's off limits for regular police officers. In it are the high-security evidence storage room, prison cells, torture chambers (gotta keep it extra dark in the WoD) and an armory for assault rifles and automatic shotguns.
I'm torn...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 02:52:53 pm by Wesp5 »

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2021, 10:06:32 pm »
If you put it like that (WoD etc.) it doesn't sound bad. Just one more thing to think about. Shouldn't the Cam have at least a ghoult or two down there, and therefore know that the c4 has been stolen, probably by someone with supernatural abilities? Or is the Cam so new in LA that they haven't yet established this kind of control?
Knowing that someone, probably the Anarchs or the Sabbat have obtained a large amount of high-yield explosives should put Lacroix even more on edge than he already is in bloodlines. And it may explain why he is so obsessed with getting his hands on the old box.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:12:15 pm by Malkav »

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 11:27:54 am »
Some ideas:

1- you know from prelude 1 that sabbat got c4, jack can send player tu steal it.
2- steal it from swat
3- made it yourself (long quest for get the materials, and contract a 'freelance' chemist)

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2021, 11:42:45 am »
Some ideas:

1- you know from prelude 1 that sabbat got c4, jack can send player tu steal it.
2- steal it from swat
3- made it yourself (long quest for get the materials, and contract a 'freelance' chemist)

Spoiler for Hiden:
1 and 2 is actually what happens  :smile: What I wasn't sure about is how 2 is happening. Where would the C4 be stored. What kind of map would I have to make? But I think I'm going with the anti-terror-unit basement thing I mentioned earlier.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal