collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: If the police found the sarcophagus... Wait, what?  (Read 3279 times)

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: If the police found the sarcophagus... Wait, what?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 11:51:24 am »
A bunker inflitration map where you must get the c4 and get some additional xp for deleting the registry of it from the computer, looks like interesting... :)

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2021, 11:27:42 am »
A bunker inflitration map where you must get the c4 and get some additional xp for deleting the registry of it from the computer, looks like interesting... :)

It does, but I'm worried it might seem too repetitive. There's already a bunker map in the mod, after all.

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2021, 11:27:28 am »
Then you can explore the idea of make it yourself...  hiring a chemist, and stealing the components in a lab...
The guys of the beach house may know a chemist or two...

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2021, 10:22:45 am »
Then you can explore the idea of make it yourself...  hiring a chemist, and stealing the components in a lab...
The guys of the beach house may know a chemist or two...

I'm not sure about this. I'd rather keep the explosives held by the police as the goal of the quest. What I was trying to find out with this thread was which kind of level(s) would be most approriate for this quest and what kind of security measures would be expected. I had an idea in mind, but wanted to know if it's realistic enough.

Online thewarsend

• Keeper of Elysium
  • Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 11:45:44 am »
If you need ideas for a new level, how about an abandoned military base?

Mercurio always needs military supplies, he could send player to retrieve a bomb or something.

Mercurio could suggest base was abandoned do to a highly lethal virus of some kind and it shouldn't effect the player since he is a vampire. But when you get there you find out base is taken over by monsters (Tzimisce creations). You could tie this quest to the related Bloodlines quest.

You could replace the taxi with Mercurio's car for this level and have Mercurio sitting inside the car waiting for the player, so you could suggest this place is as far away as it needs to be.

I am only suggesting this as a side quest of course.

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 09:00:21 am »
If you need ideas for a new level, how about an abandoned military base?

Mercurio always needs military supplies, he could send player to retrieve a bomb or something.

Mercurio could suggest base was abandoned do to a highly lethal virus of some kind and it shouldn't effect the player since he is a vampire. But when you get there you find out base is taken over by monsters (Tzimisce creations). You could tie this quest to the related Bloodlines quest.

You could replace the taxi with Mercurio's car for this level and have Mercurio sitting inside the car waiting for the player, so you could suggest this place is as far away as it needs to be.

I am only suggesting this as a side quest of course.

I like the idea a lot. There're no plans for adding Mercurio to the mod, but there's an NPC that basically functions as the Mercurio of Bloodlines Prelude. I'll write it on the list for possible side quests!
It's just that I can't build a very realistic military base, because there're no assets for such an environment in Bloodlines. I can build another bunker, though.

Online thewarsend

• Keeper of Elysium
  • Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 10:05:44 am »
I like the idea a lot. There're no plans for adding Mercurio to the mod, but there's an NPC that basically functions as the Mercurio of Bloodlines Prelude. I'll write it on the list for possible side quests!
It's just that I can't build a very realistic military base, because there're no assets for such an environment in Bloodlines. I can build another bunker, though.

You don't need much in the way of assets for an "abandoned" military base.

Just take a look at these photos for some inspiration:

https://imgur.com/a/JczhY

These belong to a abandoned military base somewhere in California, most of these buildings can be recreated using brushes. I can provide you a few assets (a destroyed tank etc) and you can use some of the existing assets around (such as a metal fense around the base).

You can still have a bunker inside it and place the monsters in it.

I am basically suggesting something like this:

Or this:

Just in a more abandoned and empty fashion.

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 09:59:39 am »
Cool stuff. As I said, it's on the list of possible side quest locations now. I'll think about what could be done in a level like this. Thinking about bunkers and military experiments has given me a few ideas. Bunkers have huge blast doors and there's one particular type of enemy, who's famous for being weak to huge doors while they're closing.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 11:39:57 am »
I'll think about what could be done in a level like this.
I believe argikt has a miliary base in his WWII mod.

Bunkers have huge blast doors and there's one particular type of enemy, who's famous for being weak to huge doors while they're closing.
You probably know that there is an unused blast door texture which I restored into the Giovanni crypt :).

Offline Entenschreck

• Methuselah
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 03:25:44 pm »

Yes, exactly. A military base from WWII...

You probably know that there is an unused blast door texture which I restored into the Giovanni crypt :).

You mean the one we used in Prelude 1?  :smile: Wouldn't work with the werewolf death animation.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2021, 07:35:25 pm »

Yes, exactly. A military base from WWII...
I meant he probably made some textures you can use.

You mean the one we used in Prelude 1?  :smile:
We did? I already don't remember where it is :)...

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2021, 10:13:10 am »
Yes!! There're textures for bunkers (concrete and stone) in the ww2 mod.
 :laugh:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal