collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: I was wondering...  (Read 1292 times)

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
Re: I was wondering...
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2020, 05:39:55 PM »
Should we maybe open a new thread in the Offtopic section to discuss Bioware games or games in general?
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2020, 06:21:36 PM »
Should we maybe open a new thread in the Offtopic section to discuss Bioware games or games in general?

Done. We may all discuss Dragon Age 4 from now until it's release................in 2031.

Offline Talyn82

• Ancillus
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2020, 09:51:02 PM »

Sure.  Is their a community section here were we could talk about anything?

Offline Talyn82

• Ancillus
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2020, 09:55:56 PM »

Done. We may all discuss Dragon Age 4 from now until it's release................in 2031.

I was interested in the initial development of DA4, but then I heard that BioWare had to scrap the idea because EA wanted the game to have live service.  Meaning microtransactions and multiplayer.  But besides even though I know who is the true villain in Inquistion, I never completed that story.  I don't even know if the Inquisitor lives through all that?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2020, 10:12:09 PM »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Online endthewars

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »
Here is the Bioware section ;)

https://forums.planetvampire.com/off-topic/the-bioware-spot/

Goody! Can I burn that place down in the name of the old Bioware? No? Ok then.

I have to play my Nosferatu a bit more. I found a nice mod, that gives the male Nossi a tuxedo, which is great. My guy is called Mycroft Holmes and I gave him a lot of stats in the mental abilities.

My female Malkavian is called Hanna P. Lovecraft, a Hommage to the great horror writer - and somewhat fitting, giving, that the Malkavian whispers can be really creepy sometimes.

Both of those names seem fitting somehow.

That reminds me, even after all these years I still haven't had a proper Malkavian run. I should that sometime.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2020, 01:45:47 PM »
Goody! Can I burn that place down in the name of the old Bioware?

Over my dead body son.

Anyways, vampires and stuff ? Toreador are the best clan ? Tremere are overrated ? Yes indeed.

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2020, 01:49:29 PM »
Toreador 4 unlife haha :)
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2020, 04:43:47 PM »
Goody! Can I burn that place down in the name of the old Bioware?

Over my dead body son.

Mine too :)

Anyways, vampires and stuff ? Toreador are the best clan ? Tremere are overrated ? Yes indeed.

Nope and kind of nope. For me, Malkavians, Gangrel, Tzimisce and Ravnos are the best with honourable mentions to the Nosferatu. I in fact think  Toreadors are overrated. Tremere have great abilities, but the pyramid thing is kind of a turnoff for me . I'm kind of glad, the pyramid was destroyed in the new timeline
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »
Nope and kind of nope. For me, Malkavians, Gangrel, Tzimisce and Ravnos are the best with honourable mentions to the Nosferatu. I in fact think  Toreadors are overrated. Tremere have great abilities, but the pyramid thing is kind of a turnoff for me . I'm kind of glad, the pyramid was destroyed in the new timeline

I was speaking in gameplay terms from BL1. Nothing beats Celerity to me. The Tremere spells sort of clutter your ability to fight against other enemies in the game.

Still, I think your perspective is a little skewed when it comes to Toreadors. They aren't "Twilight vampires" but more like "Anne Rice vampires". If you'd like to see badass Toreadors seducing people and then tearing them apart, then check out True Blood. That's also another bunch of great Toreador vampires.

Also, what does it matter to have the best blood magic when you can have the entirety of kine at your fingertips ? *evil laughter*

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2020, 10:41:19 PM »
I hate True Blood - with passion. Those characters are so badly written... and to me it is Twilight with more gore. Not really something to endear Toreadors to me. Anne Rice I liked back in the days, but nowadays Lestat, Louis and friends are a bit too emo and whiny for me. I think, Anne Rice is partly the reason, vampire stories are mostly romances, which I don't think fits. I liked Let the right one in though, which is kind of a romance, but very unusual and with many dark themes.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:54:56 PM by fylimar »

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2020, 11:13:10 PM »
I hate True Blood - with passion. Those characters are so badly written...

Girl... Alan Ball is already a pretty damn good writer. Might want to check out a little something called Six Feet Under.

I will admit though that True Blood did take a massive nosedive after the first two seasons. Shame.

Now that we're talking about this... I'm reminded of this little movie by Jim Jarmusch called "Only Lovers Left Alive" that one of the BL2 developers mentioned as being "the most Toreador vampire movie you'll see" (paraphrasing). I can certainly be witness to the developer's statement, great movie.

and to me it is Twilight with more gore.

But... how tho ? Nothing that the Twilight vampires do even resembles Toreadors. Okay... both are pretty ? Check... what else ?

See... to me Toreador vampires are the closest to what "actual vampires" are in real life. There's people out there that are incredibly adept at manipulating and seducing others while taking everything that is precious to them. The horror comes from where these predators may hit: they may appeal to your need for friendship or even love; they exploit vulnerabilities and destroy both the minds and the emotions of others, sometimes because it gives them a rush of pleasure and in ways that can sometimes traumatically hurt their victims. The damage to a person whose trust lies broken on the floor is unbelievably destructive; many times impossible to repair.

That kind of monster, which is exactly what it is, scares me far more than some untanned goblin running around in the sewers (still love you nossies).

Also... Celerity.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 11:14:46 PM by Highwayman667 »

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2020, 06:10:57 AM »
We will probably never agree about clans. I simply don't agree with you about them. Since we already had the Torrie - Yay or nay discussion back then, I leave it at that.
And Brujah have Celerity too, so no reason to play a Torrie ;)

And no, True Blood wasn't well written, I agree, that they did hold it together for the first two seasons, but then the character motivations completely went bats hit crazy.
Six Feet under was a completely different league imo.

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2020, 01:54:42 PM »
We will probably never agree about clans. I simply don't agree with you about them. Since we already had the Torrie - Yay or nay discussion back then, I leave it at that. And Brujah have Celerity too, so no reason to play a Torrie ;)

Well we both like Tzimisce. Hopefully one day we might get to officially play one.

And speaking of the Brujah I do play as them in BL1, really like the female character model. Slightly dissapointing that the potence discipline doesn't work very well, whereas in BL2 it looks very promising.

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2020, 05:14:27 PM »
We will probably never agree about clans. I simply don't agree with you about them. Since we already had the Torrie - Yay or nay discussion back then, I leave it at that. And Brujah have Celerity too, so no reason to play a Torrie ;)

Well we both like Tzimisce. Hopefully one day we might get to officially play one.

And speaking of the Brujah I do play as them in BL1, really like the female character model. Slightly dissapointing that the potence discipline doesn't work very well, whereas in BL2 it looks very promising.

Then we really agree there. And yes, I do like the female Brujah too. She looks kind of natural.

― Doctor Who

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal