collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: I was wondering...  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
Re: I was wondering...
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2020, 09:41:10 PM »
Oh boy... *cracks knuckles*

Sorry, but besides the minimal differences in color only of the three endings, even what I read about them made no sense! Why kill organic lifeforms off only to prevent them being killed off by their AIs (without any option of this not happening altough this was already discussed in the game itself)? Why condemn millions of lifeforms by blowing the mass relays and destroying the whole infrastructure of the galaxy? The "Babylon 5" ending was a masterpiece compared to that mess!

Aside from the shallow description (color endings argument), none of what you are describing is actually happening.

For starters, did you play the game ? I'm not clear on that.

Ending of ME3 was utter bullshit. None of your choices ended up mattering. It was an insult.

Just like I said.

Nobody can just dislike something anymore. Apparently not enjoying a story in a videogame (which anyone can perfectly do) is now supposedly an "offense" and an "insult"

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Ancillus
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2020, 11:10:56 PM »
Nobody messed the ending of Mass Effect 3. It is an unfortunate reality that sometimes consumers feel a product is only a success (or a failure, no in-between) if it was up to their expectations. That's not how art nor entertainment is supposed to work but... alas.
I like Mass Effect 3 and i even like it more than Mass Effect 2 which is in my opinion overrated but Mass Effect 3 originally had problems.
Mass Effect 3 Ending aren´t the worst ending ever but they aren´t good neither.
If the free Extended Cut DLC the endings aren´t that bad anymore and acceptable. Also the "real" ending is the Citadel DLC.
But to be honest i am one of few people who hates more the beginning of Mass Effect 3 than the actual end.

Mass Effect 3 and also Dragon Age 2 are good games with problems but i play them any day before i even consider to play Dragon Age Inquisition or Mass Effect Andromeda. Andromeda was for the first time fine but its just an average game and this makes it to a bad Mass Effect game.
Dragon Age Inquisition on the other hand is one of the most boring games i have ever played.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2020, 11:20:57 PM »
I like Mass Effect 3 and i even like it more than Mass Effect 2 which is in my opinion overrated but Mass Effect 3 originally had problems. Mass Effect 3 Ending aren´t the worst ending ever but they aren´t good neither. If the free Extended Cut DLC the endings aren´t that bad anymore and acceptable. Also the "real" ending is the Citadel DLC. But to be honest i am one of few people who hates more the beginning of Mass Effect 3 than the actual end.

A perfectly reasonable and decent opinion. Yeah, this is acceptable.

I would counter some of the things you mention. I personally see a lot of improvements from 2 to 3 but I guess that would merit a longer discussion. One that may not fit this topic.

Online Wilhelm-Streicher

• Ancillus
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2020, 11:24:20 PM »
I would counter some of the things you mention. I personally see a lot of improvements from 2 to 3 but I guess that would merit a longer discussion. One that may not fit this topic.
Let me guess my opinion on Mass Effect 2 which isn´t a popular one?

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2020, 12:14:55 AM »
Let me guess my opinion on Mass Effect 2 which isn´t a popular one?

Not that it matters at all. I think both are brilliant games for my part. I just happen to like the combat and story a lot better in 3.

Offline Talyn82

• Ancillus
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2020, 02:10:37 AM »
I couldn't warm up to ME too. I played the first game and the second two thirds, but then stopped. It is too shootery and the fights are so repetitive.
Although I love Geralt, just reading the books and watched the tv show, I never came around to play the games. I have the first two though, so they are definitely on my to do list.

I have the first two Witcher games as well.  I got both for free from an offer on GOG.com.

Offline Talyn82

• Ancillus
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2020, 02:16:41 AM »
Nobody messed the ending of Mass Effect 3. It is an unfortunate reality that sometimes consumers feel a product is only a success (or a failure, no in-between) if it was up to their expectations. That's not how art nor entertainment is supposed to work but... alas.
I like Mass Effect 3 and i even like it more than Mass Effect 2 which is in my opinion overrated but Mass Effect 3 originally had problems.
Mass Effect 3 Ending aren´t the worst ending ever but they aren´t good neither.
If the free Extended Cut DLC the endings aren´t that bad anymore and acceptable. Also the "real" ending is the Citadel DLC.
But to be honest i am one of few people who hates more the beginning of Mass Effect 3 than the actual end.

Mass Effect 3 and also Dragon Age 2 are good games with problems but i play them any day before i even consider to play Dragon Age Inquisition or Mass Effect Andromeda. Andromeda was for the first time fine but its just an average game and this makes it to a bad Mass Effect game.
Dragon Age Inquisition on the other hand is one of the most boring games i have ever played.

I did not enjoy Dragon Age: Inquisition once I successfully bedded Cassandra I stopped playing.  Dragon Age Origins is my favorite of the three, but I do like Dragon Age 2 and felt it got a bad rap.  I mean yeah in DA2 you're stuck in one city for ten in game years, and we do revisit the same areas.  But I liked the Hawke character.  I heard he appears in Inquisition but I never saw him.  I did see Morrigan and my Wardens kid.  Morrigan was wearing the same clothes she wore 10 years prior lol.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2020, 03:23:05 AM »
I did not enjoy Dragon Age: Inquisition once I successfully bedded Cassandra I stopped playing.

If you want to see Hawke you need to push through the story, he/she will show up eventually to help you out.

As for Inquisition... sooo many problems with that game... I still think it's good but it's hard to defend many of it's faults.

I think if anything, it's a lesson on how NOT to structure sidequests on a videogame. The main storyline is utterly amazing but the rest... maker help us.

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2020, 06:15:28 AM »
I couldn't warm up to ME too. I played the first game and the second two thirds, but then stopped. It is too shootery and the fights are so repetitive.
Although I love Geralt, just reading the books and watched the tv show, I never came around to play the games. I have the first two though, so they are definitely on my to do list.

I have the first two Witcher games as well.  I got both for free from an offer on GOG.com.

Yeah, similar here. There were free offers from Steam and I decided to download them. Played the first ones tutorial, but then got sidetracked by Kingdoms of Amalur, another great game, with a really fun combat and leveling system.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2020, 06:21:07 AM »
I really like Inquisition, I don't see any problems with it other, than that it is a really long game. Luckily, you can decide, which side quests you want to do and which not. I like the companion cast of DAI the most Tbh.
DA2 is my favorite  Dragon Age game, because I love Hawke (always play female, I prefer to play my own gender, if possible), probably my all-time favorite game protagonist, alongside female Malkavian in Bloodlines.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Ancillus
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2020, 06:50:57 AM »
I really like Inquisition, I don't see any problems with it other, than that it is a really long game. Luckily, you can decide, which side quests you want to do and which not. I like the companion cast of DAI the most Tbh.
DA2 is my favorite  Dragon Age game, because I love Hawke (always play female, I prefer to play my own gender, if possible), probably my all-time favorite game protagonist, alongside female Malkavian in Bloodlines.

That's what killed Inquisition for me.  I am a completionist and the game is completionist hell.  But I did love the cast.  I love Cassandra, Varric, Solas, Blackwall, Iron Bull, and the necromancer I can't remember his name.  I liked all the advisers like Cullen, Josephine, of course my DAO boo's Leliana and Morrigan.  But agree as well I thought no protagonist in the DA games would come close to my precious Wardens Cousland and Amell, but Hawke is right up there with them.  I am glad I gave DA2 a try and not play it due to all the backlash it got.

Talking about Malkavians I got the final armor for the male and it's funky to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 06:52:55 AM by Talyn82 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2020, 07:58:42 AM »
Maybe we should start a Bioware games topic here and move the discussion there!

Offline Talyn82

• Ancillus
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2020, 08:46:12 AM »
Maybe we should start a Bioware games topic here and move the discussion there!

Sorry about that.  I did try to bring it back on topic, by mentioning the male Malkavian's 4th armor.

Offline fylimar

• Methuselah
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2020, 12:29:18 PM »
I have to play my Nosferatu a bit more. I found a nice mod, that gives the male Nossi a tuxedo, which is great. My guy is called Mycroft Holmes and I gave him a lot of stats in the mental abilities.

My female Malkavian is called Hanna P. Lovecraft, a Hommage to the great horror writer - and somewhat fitting, giving, that the Malkavian whispers can be really creepy sometimes.

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2020, 02:11:26 PM »
That's what killed Inquisition for me.  I am a completionist and the game is completionist hell.  But I did love the cast.  I love Cassandra, Varric, Solas, Blackwall, Iron Bull, and the necromancer I can't remember his name.  I liked all the advisers like Cullen, Josephine, of course my DAO boo's Leliana and Morrigan.  But agree as well I thought no protagonist in the DA games would come close to my precious Wardens Cousland and Amell, but Hawke is right up there with them.  I am glad I gave DA2 a try and not play it due to all the backlash it got.

So much this. There's just too many little irrelevant things that don't contribute anything to your enjoyment that eventually you just get frustrated with getting so many quests and zero payoff. Specially when it's story-wise. There's nothing in Inquisition, outside from the main story and the companion quests, that is enjoyable on a story level.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal