collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: I was wondering...  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: I was wondering...
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 09:00:32 AM »
I decided between STEAM and GOG, and chose the latter cause they actually care about making the games playable on modern systems.

Not only that, but GOG is the only store where you don't need a client at all! They sell the games without DRM in a way that you can store them where you want to install them offline whenever you want. The whole Galaxy client thing is completely optional...

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 02:29:00 PM »
I don't even know what the hell Uplay is... and I myself I'm already more than pissed at Origin for their piss poor service but what can I do if I love both Dragon Age and Mass Effect ? The worst is when they sell some games dirt cheap but ALWAYS charge you FULL PRICE for the DLC.

I mean, seriously... what is wrong with Electronic Arts ?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 02:33:10 PM »
Electronic fArts
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2020, 03:18:52 PM »
I decided between STEAM and GOG, and chose the latter cause they actually care about making the games playable on modern systems.

Not only that, but GOG is the only store where you don't need a client at all! They sell the games without DRM in a way that you can store them where you want to install them offline whenever you want. The whole Galaxy client thing is completely optional...
Yep, I downloaded the offline version VTMB and it works great!

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 03:24:48 PM »
Long live Poland baby.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2020, 03:25:36 PM »
I don't even know what the hell Uplay is... and I myself I'm already more than pissed at Origin for their piss poor service but what can I do if I love both Dragon Age and Mass Effect ? The worst is when they sell some games dirt cheap but ALWAYS charge you FULL PRICE for the DLC.

I mean, seriously... what is wrong with Electronic Arts ?

I am a huge Dragon Age fan.  I bought the Dragon Age Origins from GOG, and it came with all dlc.  When I purchased Inquisiton I had to download Origin, they gave me a free copy of Dragon Age Origins but i have to buy the dlc separately.  but my favorite out of the series are Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2.  I tried to play Inquisition but after my Qunari romanced Cassandra I lost interest in the game. 

The Mass Effect games I never got into I am really bad at shooters.  The only reason why I'm good at it in VTMB is because I have high stealth, so even though I keep hitting them in the head they don't see me lol.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2020, 03:32:25 PM »
The Mass Effect games I never got into I am really bad at shooters.

Give them a try someday. They are absolutely brilliant games and you will love them even more if you're already into something like Dragon Age.

*Glares at Wesp5*
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:34:39 PM by Highwayman667 »

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2020, 03:46:29 PM »

Give them a try someday. They are absolutely brilliant games and you will love them even more if you're already into something like Dragon Age.

*Glares at Wesp5*

I've been a fan of BioWare's games since the first Knights of the Old Republic.  Maybe one day I will try ME again.  The last time I played I had just recruited Wrex, Tali, and Garrus, and I really liked them as characters.  Plus since I usually play males, male Shepard annoys me for some reason.  It's the same reason why I never got into the Witcher games there's something about Geralt that annoys me.

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2020, 04:15:42 PM »
Plus since I usually play males, male Shepard annoys me for some reason.  It's the same reason why I never got into the Witcher games there's something about Geralt that annoys me.

Play as FemShep then. It's the voice of Bastila Shan from Kotor.

And... Geralt... annoys you ?

*slays Talyn82 with a silver sword*

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2020, 04:34:28 PM »
Plus since I usually play males, male Shepard annoys me for some reason.  It's the same reason why I never got into the Witcher games there's something about Geralt that annoys me.

Play as FemShep then. It's the voice of Bastila Shan from Kotor.

And... Geralt... annoys you ?

*slays Talyn82 with a silver sword*

I have heard FemShep is better maybe I'll give her a try.  As for Geralt I don't know I like how he looks and sounds, and I like his taste in women.  But something about him bugs me.  I don't know.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2020, 04:46:09 PM »
I couldn't warm up to ME too. I played the first game and the second two thirds, but then stopped. It is too shootery and the fights are so repetitive.
Although I love Geralt, just reading the books and watched the tv show, I never came around to play the games. I have the first two though, so they are definitely on my to do list.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2020, 05:22:35 PM »

*Glares at Wesp5*

I rarely play third person games so I never played any of the Dragon Ages and only the first Mass Effect. Which seemed like a very bad copy of "Babylon 5" to me and I was glad I didn't play the other parts when I read that they really messed up the ending!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:24:53 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2020, 05:39:12 PM »
But something about him bugs me.  I don't know.

It's your obvious racism against mutants. Obviously.

I rarely play third person games so I never played any of the Dragon Ages and only the first Mass Effect. Which seemed like a very bad copy of "Babylon 5" to me and I was glad I didn't play the other parts when I read that they really messed up the ending!

Nobody messed the ending of Mass Effect 3. It is an unfortunate reality that sometimes consumers feel a product is only a success (or a failure, no in-between) if it was up to their expectations. That's not how art nor entertainment is supposed to work but... alas.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2020, 08:00:52 PM »
Nobody messed the ending of Mass Effect 3.

Sorry, but besides the minimal differences in color only of the three endings, even what I read about them made no sense! Why kill organic lifeforms off only to prevent them being killed off by their AIs (without any option of this not happening altough this was already discussed in the game itself)? Why condemn millions of lifeforms by blowing the mass relays and destroying the whole infrastructure of the galaxy? The "Babylon 5" ending was a masterpiece compared to that mess!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 08:03:22 PM by Wesp5 »

Offline thewarsend

• Ancillus
  • BOOM! Love Jack :)
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2020, 08:30:10 PM »
Ending of ME3 was utter bullshit. None of your choices ended up mattering. It was an insult.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal