collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How much does dialogue change depending on clan?  (Read 2013 times)

Offline FleshArtist

• Infernalist
  • Ancillus
Re: How much does dialogue change depending on clan?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 08:20:23 PM »
Does anyone recall special dialogue for the Brujah any where? (Other than presence and Betram's lines of course.) I don't think even the Anarchs of the last round comment on your shared Brujah blood with them. The Brujah might be the only clan without any special dialogue :-(.

I would at least expect a Brujah PC to get treated less well by the Camarilla characters due to the fact that many Brujah have gone to the Anarchs.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:24:50 PM by FleshArtist »

Offline IanW

• Methuselah
  • Onyx Path Community Manager
    • Onyx Path Publishing
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 10:40:21 PM »
Does anyone recall special dialogue for the Brujah any where? (Other than presence and Betram's lines of course.) I don't think even the Anarchs of the last round comment on your shared Brujah blood with them. The Brujah might be the only clan without any special dialogue :-(.

I would at least expect a Brujah PC to get treated less well by the Camarilla characters due to the fact that many Brujah have gone to the Anarchs.

The Brujah are also some of the Camarilla's most reliable front-line warriors against the Sabbat. Some of them go Anarch (and I think every NPC example in the game is an Anarch), but they're also pretty common among the Cam.

Aside from talking to those Anarchs, though, I can't think of any good place for unique dialogue for them. Their only real "thing" is that they're more passionate and accordingly a more prone to frenzy. The game already includes more polite choices and more violent/rude choices, and without forcing you to make specific choices I'm not sure what else could be done.

In terms of how Bloodlines works, the Brujah are probably the most "generic" vampires.
Ian A. A. Watson
Onyx Path Community Manager
VTM portal - Tabletop primer

Offline Rubinia

• Ancillus
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 02:01:08 PM »
Torries have quite interesting lines. E.g. when they answer to Bertam unflatery opinion about their clan; how they symphatise to Ash calling him fellow Torreador.
Can't think of more examples right now, but I've a feeling there are some more, much more than when I played a Gangrell.
"Having created something so extraordinary one would die happy, if one died."

"One is the path of a man, straight and plain: the never ending Crossroads."

Offline fylimar

• Fledgling
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »
From the 'normal' clans, I've encountered the most different lines with Nossie (of course - love Tseng in Chinatown - 'I don't think, I have a herbal remedy for your condition'  :rofl:) and Tremere - a lot of nscs express distrust for the Tremere clan, not just Andrei.
I only encountered two different Gangral responses - Bertram (of course) and Beckett.
I haven't played Torrie, Ventrue or Brujah, but I guess, Torries and Ventrue might get a lot of different lines too. At least, as a non-Torrie you can verbally abuse every Torrie character in the game (and I love to do that with VV at least), so maybe it is the other way around too?

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 01:53:16 AM »
Yeah - can't stand VV - Susan - she needs a good trip to the sewers. 

Offline fylimar

• Fledgling
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 10:04:18 PM »

Oh yes, maybe join Garys dinner party  :vampwink:

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 03:06:37 PM »

Oh no! You can't burden hard working sewer rats with that china doll. Better send Cleopatra up to dance in Vesuvius. :taunt:
But agreed, I can't stand her either. That's why in my games the Hatter's hat (head?) always rolls. Well, I have to destroy all copies of the script. And then I go bragging about it...
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline fylimar

• Fledgling
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »

Oh no! You can't burden hard working sewer rats with that china doll. Better send Cleopatra up to dance in Vesuvius. :taunt:
But agreed, I can't stand her either. That's why in my games the Hatter's hat (head?) always rolls. Well, I have to destroy all copies of the script. And then I go bragging about it...

Creative. I normally let Hatter live, because he is an innocent, but I love being rude to VV and she really can't take that. But you are right, poor Gary has enough on his plate without having to worry about some precious little Torri. I think, Imalia is too classy to dance in that sorry excuse for a nightclub though

Offline The Shadow Man

• The shadow that haunts the mind
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 12:33:58 PM »
Creative. I normally let Hatter live, because he is an innocent, but I love being rude to VV and she really can't take that. But you are right, poor Gary has enough on his plate without having to worry about some precious little Torri. I think, Imalia is too classy to dance in that sorry excuse for a nightclub though
There's nothing classy about Imalia.

Offline Aurelian

• Fledgling
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »

Pretty much.

Also, VV is well written character. It is quite delightful to systematically insult her.

Offline fylimar

• Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »

You are right about that, but I do think, that she would not dance in a nightclub, plus the stake for classyness isn't very high in both cases. We talk about the woman, that even wears underwear and nothing else to official vampire meetings on one hand and the woman, who drives another model to committing suicide, because she is jealous on the other hand.

I do agree though, that VV is fun to insult
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 04:47:14 PM by fylimar »

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 03:02:44 AM »
So is Bertrum - he has great comebacks. 

Offline fylimar

• Fledgling
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 07:07:14 PM »
So is Bertrum - he has great comebacks.

Yeah, that is right, but I like Bertram too much to insult him

Offline DiamondBorne

• Ancillus
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 03:54:39 AM »
As a Toreador, Bertram is a nice guy. Not just tolerable, a genuinely nice person. His stuck up peers in Hollywood, not so much. :irritated:

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 11:48:00 PM »
As a Toreador, Bertram is a nice guy. Not just tolerable, a genuinely nice person. His stuck up peers in Hollywood, not so much. :irritated:

Bertrum is the Nossie in the gas storage tank in Santa Barbara.  I think you are thinking of Issac - the Baron of Hollywood. 

* Game Files