collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Favorite Quest and Why  (Read 5938 times)

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
Re: Favorite Quest and Why
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2018, 04:16:31 PM »
AP rounds wouldn't have make a difference for a vampire, that guy probably would have used exposive/bursting rounds.

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2018, 04:21:32 PM »
AP rounds wouldn't have make a difference for a vampire, that guy probably would have used exposive/bursting rounds.

Thanks, missed that one. :D
The first time I fought him had been when I did a Ventrue cleaner playthrough - wore the third armor in the game from Hollywood plus Fortitude... that is why I thought of AP rounds while I sustained an incredible amount of punishment.
Me: "I love lollipops!"
WoD ST: "We don't allow lollipops, because we are too dark!"

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
Should it have been a 5-th armor, the one with a bulletproof vest, it would have been a case. As for the Fortitude, it's supernatural and soaks even aggravated damage thus AP rounds wouldn't do any better against it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:23:27 PM by deicide »

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2018, 01:27:19 PM »
Let's get back on track.
Does anyone have any impressions to share regarding the quests given by Mr.Ox?
In my opinion, they are certainly original... maybe the rewards are too generous for a simple retrieval or implantation, but heck, the bonuses are sure handy.

Offline DiamondBorne

• Ancillus
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2018, 09:54:05 PM »
What I like about those quests by Mr.Ox is not about the quests themselves, it's about the subtlety of the hint you get from doing those quests, of what kind of beings Mr.Ox truly is.

And of course he pays well. You're basically working for a Chinese Grim Reaper. And looking at how he gets his trinkets from the deads (Eyes gouge hell quest), it's not surprising that he would have ALOT of resources collected over his lifetime of work. If VTMB or specifically Chinatown hub were to be longer, Mr.Ox would be a really good quest dispenser that blends in well with the atmosphere.

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2018, 11:03:04 PM »
It's well done indeed since his fondness of ironic deaths speaks for itself even to someone knowing nothing about any Eastern mythology.

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2018, 03:49:46 PM »
It's well done indeed since his fondness of ironic deaths speaks for itself even to someone knowing nothing about any Eastern mythology.

Agreed. The funny thing about Mr.Ox that still persists around here is the debate regarding his real role and identity. Some consider him a Yama king, some a rogue Kuei and some a plain occult nutjob. Any thoughts?

Offline The Shadow Man

• Antediluvian
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »
Mr Ox doesn't strike me as a Keui-Jin and as far as a Yama King goes at most he's a wannabe I'd say. Most likely just an 'Occult nutjob' not even a full Mage.

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2018, 07:15:54 PM »
My first impression was him being a mage who serves some Eastern death deity as a soul collector.

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2018, 06:14:53 PM »
I sometimes really lament the missed opportunity of integrating many of the game characters into Bloodlines cannon... the only characters from the game that are in fact mentioned in the books are Jack and Beckett. Even if deemed unnecessary, at least some background information would be welcome... in a form of a manual or reference in some books published after the release of the game.

Offline Nanaloma

• Antediluvian
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2018, 04:02:32 AM »
Post VMB (Gehenna) novels mention a Bruha Camerilla Primogen in LA named Nines.  (hmm)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »
Post VMB (Gehenna) novels mention a Bruha Camerilla Primogen in LA named Nines.  (hmm)

:)

Offline Raving_Neonate

• Rave.Period.
  • Methuselah
  • Raving somewhere....
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2018, 02:14:19 PM »
Something to read up then.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Armando_Rodriguez

I see that it had been updated since the release of Beckett's diary... appears that at least one more character shall make the cut.

Offline DiamondBorne

• Ancillus
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2018, 06:15:30 AM »
Agreed. The funny thing about Mr.Ox that still persists around here is the debate regarding his real role and identity. Some consider him a Yama king, some a rogue Kuei and some a plain occult nutjob. Any thoughts?

In Chinese Mythos. Afterlife has a Collectors/messengers duo who ferry souls from earth to the limbo in a carriage. Their name: Horse Face (Ma Miao) and, you guess it... Ox Head (Niu Tou). It's already in his name. They're not some big shot like Yama Kings, just their employees (If WoD didn't butchered their origins/roles as they did with various eastern supernatural beings)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:18:06 AM by DiamondBorne »

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2018, 10:20:22 PM »
What seemed like a coincidental magick usage (which is exclusive for mortals in WoD) had misleaded me into thinking he is a latter. Unless, of course, it was actually something else.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:23:04 PM by deicide »

* Game Files