collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Favorite NPC?  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
Favorite NPC?
« on: May 25, 2020, 04:35:36 am »
There are many great npc's in the game.  In fact what first sucked me in (no pun intended) was not the combat but the stories of the characters like Therese and Jeanette.  I like the idea that they are polar opposites of each other and yet are the same person.  When Jeanette talked about Therese's tragic past you begin to realize how the Jeanette personalty was born.  It blew me away.  These characters in fact all the npc's have so much personality and charisma.  Plus the voice acting is superb.  The only other game I can think of with great voice acting all around is the Legacy of Kain series. 

Like I said many times before I like all the npc's in the game, even minor ones like Tin Can Bill.  It's hard to choose just one but I would have to pick Therese/Jeanette, because they set the tone for the other npc's that would follow.  Second would have to be Beckett.  But like I said they are all great and well written.

So who is your favorite npc?
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
Re: Favorite NPC?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 07:38:55 am »
I have several favorite characters: Gary of course, Mitnick, Beckett, Damsel, Andrei.
I agree, that most characters are interesting, but some I can't really stand. VV is the one, I could do without the most.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:27:27 am by Wesp5 »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 11:32:30 am »
When Jeanette talked about Therese's tragic past you begin to realize how the Jeanette personalty was born.  It blew me away.
Exactly the same happened to me! Before the sister's revelation I thought Bloodlines was just another FPS/RPG hybrid, but then I got some deep writing which I never had experienced in a computer game before. And the ending set another one on top too! As for favorite NPCs, there are so many I like. And all of them feel so real, a little bit exaggerated at times but like actual people, which hardly is the case in most computer games...
@fylimar: You often mention that you can't stand VV. Can you explain why? It almost looks as if you are a female yourself who is just jealous about her model stripper looks ;).

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 02:05:27 pm »
One of mine is Isaac. He looks even better with my new reskin:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:17:07 pm by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 02:10:30 pm »
Well, I'm not female and I can't stand VV either. Her whole behaviour makes me want to rip her tongue out and feed it to her. :animesucks:
She's so "precious flower" it makes me vomit (even though I have no stomach).

But I agree, almost all the npcs are interesting, even if I don't like them. Too bad we don't get to see or hear more from Grout.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:12:45 pm by Wesp5 »
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 02:42:53 pm »
Wesp:I'm female, but VVs looks have nothing to do with it (that is a strange statement btw) apart from the fact, that she dresses very inappropriate outside her strip club, which of course I realise could be to piss off the Camarilla. Since I do like women myself, I can appreciate a nice looking woman. VV for me is simply a boring character, that can't keep up with the writing of the others. And of course the mentioned special snowflake. She is all I don't like in Toreadors. My reasons are similar to the ones Malkav has mentioned.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:31:57 pm by fylimar »
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

― Doctor Who

Offline Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 02:55:28 pm »
FAT LARRY IN DA HOUSE  :afro: !

One of the things that I most like about Bloodlines is the distinct idiosincracy of each NPC. They are people from their neighborhoods, their communities, the circles they run with and the businesses they deal with. Fat Larry is a perfect example of that, he is an LA gangbangin' arms dealer that actually sounds like one.

And he is stupidly hilarious. I would love to see him in Bloodlines 2.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:57:21 pm by Highwayman667 »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 03:32:42 pm »
Wesp: I'm female, but VVs looks have nothing to do with it (BTW that statement is is a bit insulting)...
Sorry, this was not intentional, but you keep bringing this up whenever possible ;).

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 03:41:19 pm »
Wesp: I'm female, but VVs looks have nothing to do with it (BTW that statement is is a bit insulting)...
Sorry, this was not intentional, but you keep bringing this up whenever possible ;).

I think, everyone has characters, they don't like. In our Bioware forum there is one person who is always bringing up Anders, because s/he doesn't like him. And I guess, VV is my red flag. I'm glad, we also have Isaac Abrams, a Toreador, I actually like.

Btw I edited my post, I'm not really insulted, it was just a bit strange.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:48:15 pm by Wesp5 »

― Doctor Who

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 06:29:42 pm »
@Wesp5:  I also thought this was just another fps/rpg clone until the revelation with Therese and Jeanette.  Then I knew this was a special game.

@Barrabah:  Yeah I like Isaac too. He is old school Hollywood.  Like Mercurio says he's a cool customer.

@Highwayman667:  Oh yeah Fat Larry is great.  I instantly liked him from the start he fit his setting perfectly.  I just wish he had more to say.

@fylimar:  VV?  I don't know about her.  I mean she's a Toreador and seduction is their thing, but I don't know if she's being sincere or is she playing me?  But aside from that like Fat Larry I think she fits her setting perfectly.  The way she looks, the way she dresses, choice of profession, and her seductive voice all fit the Toreador perfectly.  But I do agree with both you and Malkav the delicate flower thing does seem like an act.  Uh, like I said I don't know about her.
Vae Victus! -Kain

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 07:10:00 pm »
Bertram or Chunk. Heather doesn´t count because a bit unfair to the rest.
I like VV or should i say Susan. She is alright but if i have to pick one female character i dislike well Mira.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 07:25:20 pm »
Hm, yes Mira is a bitch, but I think not as annoying as VV.
There are two characters in the game which I despise the moment they open their mouth. That is Lacroix with his "I am better than you" attitude and his throne room where you have to stand a step below him like a supplicant, and VV.
Talking of the Giovanni, Maria is always fun.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Wilhelm-Streicher

• Methuselah
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 07:37:04 pm »
Hm, yes Mira is a bitch, but I think not as annoying as VV.
I usually flirt with her so i don´t mind her.

And in no way is VV more annoying and more a bitch like Kiki who has to be one if not the worst character in the game.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 07:41:14 pm »
yeah, but Kiki is a teenager, she has room to change still, so I don't mind her too much.
About LaCroix: I wish, he would be less over the top with his angry boy routine. A bit more mature and princey.
I like Tommy Flayton, I always suggest as a Malkavian, that he is eating maggots (classical Lost Boys reference).
And I find Mr. Ox interesting. I wish, we would get more backstory to him. He has a strange aura though. Do you think, he is simply another Kuei Jin or something else entirely?

― Doctor Who

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 07:42:45 pm »
Talyn: I doubt that VV is sincere, it's calculation on her part - 'Let's get the fledgling to do my dirty work'. I was really rude a few times to her and it is interesting, how her mask slips then. But nowadays I'm being nice to get the photo and sell it for good money.

― Doctor Who

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal