collapse

Author Topic: Clans To Play Question  (Read 1340 times)

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
Clans To Play Question
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »
  I had this game many years back and just re-bought it off steam in case there's more updates, so it's been awhile.

I've previously played as: Ventrue, Malkavian , Tremere and played 1/4 through with Gangrel (and hated it).

Currently I'm under 1/2 through as Nosferatu and enjoy it almost as much as Malkavian (Tremere was not bad either).

Ventrue I couldn't really base much on as it was my very first game play, but I'm curious what people think whose played the Toreador and Brujah?  They just seem to be dull in my experience (with the NPC's in my other playthroughs)

Are they even worth playing through with either Brujah or Toreador?  Or should I give the Gangrel another try (as it has been years) and just not bother with the Brujah or Toreador?

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
Re: Clans To Play Question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 11:55:10 PM »
For years I was fixated with the tremere but recently I've found out the toreados is what really I love. Now I'm actually trying the gangrel, not bad at all. While I've tried ever the brujah I still won't advise against it, everybody have their gaming style, so it all depends on your tastes.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me (on changing my mind on deleting cheeks for a mod)

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 02:02:15 AM »
Brujah and Toreador aren't substantially different to Ventrue, dialogues are almost the same sans Dominate and an opportunity to suggest that pissant to get a job. Yeah, rich bitch with a financial capital of 50$.
Guess you would be better off with mods after the Nosferatu playthrough.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:36:31 AM by deicide »
The patient was a young lady whom I was loath to disfigure (c)

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 08:35:51 AM »
Thanks for the input, and what I was really hoping for was that there was a difference between Ventrue, Toreador and Brujah.  So they are pretty much the same other than the disciplines.

Guess I was hoping for better unique dialogue between the 3.  Maybe I'll re-try the Gangrel then and see if I like it now.  Just can't believe I've waited this long to try the Nosferatu and found out it's almost as much fun, if not as much as playing a Malkavian...

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »
Strictly speaking, there are some dialogue lines unique to each clan here and here, but nothing really important. Gangrel's attack animation with Protean, especially 5 lvl, is botched, it was irritating to me.

Offline Malkav

• Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 10:04:02 AM »
Strictly speaking, there are some dialogue lines unique to each clan here and here, but nothing really important.
What is there apart from the haven bum and the different reaction of the Santa Monica Blueblood to Toreador, tremere and Ventrue?
Okay, each clan has a specific response when asking Bertram about the clans and you can milk some more money out of Lacroix. But I think that's it, unless you count Nossie dialogs or the few places whre the Malk talks complete bullshit.
Gangrel's attack animation with Protean, especially 5 lvl, is botched, it was irritating to me.
I agree, you can't play a Gangrel without Protean and protean is unusable. And even if the claw attacks weren't so botched, this ridiculous bunny hop pisses me off every time I see it.
Co Author of Camarilla Edition Mod

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »
I never played all of the clans, but I played Toreador several times.  :razz: It's my favourite clan, plus I like playing it with characters who talk their way out of situations (although my Tremere did the same thing).

I am one of the few who isn't fond of the Malkavians . *ducks* I like my Malkavians to be less about silly outfits and nonsense talk and more about Dr. Grout-a-like appearance of sanity which conceals a pretty dark and disturbed mind underneath.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »
Vampires of the same clan often have unique line (specially Tremeres and Strauss). Or "opposing clans", like when you met Gary with a Torrie:
Gary: Boo!
PC: You are the most offensive and obscene thing I've ever seen.
Gary: En garde, Toreador. You vainglorious, narcissistic poseur! How I loathe that determination of your kind to belie your true nature with Paris fashions and pomp. You are a dead thing - a creature of the shadows. Start acting like one.

Offline Ghanima_Atreides

• Libera Me de Ignem
  • Methuselah
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 02:54:41 PM »
Vampires of the same clan often have unique line (specially Tremeres and Strauss). Or "opposing clans", like when you met Gary with a Torrie:
Gary: Boo!
PC: You are the most offensive and obscene thing I've ever seen.
Gary: En garde, Toreador. You vainglorious, narcissistic poseur! How I loathe that determination of your kind to belie your true nature with Paris fashions and pomp. You are a dead thing - a creature of the shadows. Start acting like one.

Tung called my nice Torrie girl "Cleopatra" and accused her of trying to butter him up, saying her silver tongue is lost on him. She was just being nice, dude!  :rofl: Gary ought to be...fun.  :razz:
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Offline deicide

• Drug Fiend
  • Methuselah
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
I am one of the few who isn't fond of the Malkavians . *ducks*
Ducks? Where? Ducks are anathema! (с).

I don't remember exactly, but Anarchs are less mean to Brujah character and Gangrel has a few unique lines during the confrontation with serial murderer.

Offline Barabbah

• Antediluvian
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 06:10:50 PM »
I don't remember exactly, but Anarchs are less mean to Brujah character and Gangrel has a few unique lines during the confrontation with serial murderer.

Exactly. And we can continue to quote many many other gems like those.

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 07:11:29 PM »
I figure then Issac will have unique lines then for a Toreador then.  Maybe I'll give it a try next playthough since it's been years playing Ventrue and maybe it'll seem different now for me...

Offline Porphyria

• Antediluvian
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 03:55:10 PM »
I mean, my documented failure at playing Bloodlines was pretty legendary way back, but just don't play Ventrue. Yeah Dominate is fun, but it makes things waaaay less annoying later playing something with Celerity. Not to mention I don't think there is any special Ventrue dialogue at all with Lacroix, which there should be. I got NO love from homeboy, and in fact got the WORST scenario possible because if he feels you snuggled up to Nines at all, he'll be pissy with you for most of the game and banish you to that Santa Monica shit-hole apartment forever. I hate Lacroix lol

Offline Sinestro

• Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 07:21:42 PM »
I'm in a similar boat as the OP, want to experience the game a 3rd time after

1) playing a Toreador with guns
2) playing a Tremere with blood explosions... and guns

So I feel like I should play a melee focused character to spice up the gameplay, leaving me with Brujah, Gangrel Nosferatu and possibly Malk (altho I watched a malk lets play some time ago)

So what would you guys suggest for an experience as fresh as possible combat, gameplay and dialogue-wise. What should I not be missing out on?

Offline Aurelian

• Ancillus
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 12:21:16 AM »
I never played all of the clans, but I played Toreador several times.  :razz: It's my favourite clan,

I dream of playing a Sabbat Toreador.