collapse

Author Topic: Bloodlines graphics at their best and worst  (Read 10726 times)

Offline [archive] s4nct1m0ny

• Neonate
Re: Bloodlines graphics at their best and worst
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #23
     I did not look at it, and I am only saying this from the basis of what others are saying they saw.

But you are entitled to your opinion.                        

Offline [archive] Skyra_to_Hollow

• Antediluvian
    « Reply #31 on: January 30, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #29

Tessera posted:
    I also agree that our culture is pretty warped, especially when a movie that features a young woman's breast being hacked off with an axe is considered "PG-13" material...

Dude...what the fuck kind of movies are you watching?

I kid, I kid.  But seriously...which film managed to pull off a PG-13 rating with a scene like that?                        

-----signature-----
               Regards,
     Skyra to Hollow
     Site Director, www.PlanetVampire.com

Offline [archive] s4nct1m0ny

• Neonate
    « Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 Perhaps my reaction was out of order and unnecessarily sanctimonious.

Anyway, in response to topic, I just upgraded my computer, and Bloodlines graphics look great. I used to think they were merely OK*, but the problem was with my computer. Also, it seems I was wrong, the combat is good, it's just that with my previous system, there seems to have been lagging during meelee combat. I have just seen the pleasure of being a homicidal Brujah maniac. *punches a guy 10 feet into the air* "Did you waste those sumbitches?" "Any that were in the way." Now THAT'S roleplaying. wink

*OK as in on a technical level, because the art direction of the game is pretty good even on low settings.                        

Offline [archive] Tessera72751098

• Methuselah
    « Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »
  • Best Answer
  •                 In Reply To #32

Skyra to Hollow posted:

I kid, I kid.  But seriously...which film managed to pull off a PG-13 rating with a scene like that?

It's hard to remember any specific examples, but one does come to mind...

Some cheesebag horror movie (I forget which -- it totally sucked) was shown on commercial television around here last year. It was "edited for television," which I presume means that most of the "explicit material" was removed, so as to get it past the network censors.

Well, in that film, there's a scene in which a zombie pushes a young woman up against a wall and then bites off her nipple (and the surrounding area of her breast) with his teeth. She passes out and dies on the floor, bleeding to death from her now-mangled breast.

That scene was left intact, in the "edited for television" version of the film. They did, however, blur her bare breast in a previous scene, when she was taking a bath.

There ya go... there's an example for us that says: butchering titties is okay for the kids to see, but nice, natural titties hanging out in the bathtub are taboo.                        

Offline [archive] NATAN_ODASH

• Ancillus
    Bloodlines graphics at their best and worst
    « Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
                    Because I found my screenshots old folder I reply on this topic too.

Look on strange legs of girl in white:

-----signature-----
               http://www.myspace.com/natan_odash