collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Am new here and just beat VTMB for the first time. (Spoilers)  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
Re: Am new here and just beat VTMB for the first time. (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2019, 01:52:33 AM »
Presence is susprisingly useful and fitting for a Toreador doing melee.

I will also ask Wesp5 now (since it might be useful): are special presence dialogue options unlocked by investing points in the discipline in the UP patch ?

Yes, I finished the tutorial part and spoke to Mercurio.  But during the tutorial I enjoyed all three disciplines.  With the my Tremere character it was the same way, but I only had one point in domination, and focused on Thaumaturgy, and Auspex.  Presence is a great power like the other two.  I really have to plan out this build.

I also must ask Wesp5, if he made any tweaks to any of the skills and attributes like stamina, sneak or melee?  Also were there any tweaks made to enemy ai?  Because eventually I have to go get the Astrolite for Mercurio from the thugs, and as a Tremere it was easy but I was using the basic version of the unofficial patch.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2019, 05:48:11 AM »
I also must ask Wesp5, if he made any tweaks to any of the skills and attributes like stamina, sneak or melee?  Also were there any tweaks made to enemy ai?  Because eventually I have to go get the Astrolite for Mercurio from the thugs, and as a Tremere it was easy but I was using the basic version of the unofficial patch.

Don't worry about that astrolite. You'll destroy all Santa Monica persuasion checks if you're starting out on 4.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2019, 06:08:54 AM »
Okay cool.  But with the Astrolite quest i messed up a bit.  When I got to the beach house portion.  Right before I approached the thug outside, I pulled out my tire iron.  When the thug saw me he immediately attacked me.  So I proceeded to kill everyone. lol

Next time if I play Ventrue I'll try to approach without being armed.  Before that I did the quest for the bail bondsman where I had to find his bounty hunter.  I went to Gimble and he almost killed me I had to keep using presence and celerity.  I am focusing on melee but I find using weapons to be more erratic than unarmed.  With a Tremere I just used either Blood Purge or Domination and my fists to kill him.

I tried to kill the Asian vampire but he whooped my ass.  So I'll comeback to that when I get better armor.  I am currently trying to get the werewolf blood for Lacroix, but I am having trouble sneaking around, the guard keeps seeing me because my sneak level is only 3.  I did a quick recon run to search for the computer and CIS rooms like I usually do before I reload and attempt to sneak.  With a Tremere I just put him under a trance and would run by him. 

Can I postpone the quest until I level up sneaking?  Or is it mandatory to do it before I go downtown?  I know I can do the Asian vampire quest before Chinatown.

Offline fylimar

• Antediluvian
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2019, 08:44:46 AM »
Welcome Talyn. Are you the Talyn82 from the Bioware forums? And cool name, I'm still sad, that Talyn and Crais died (Farscape is such a great show).

Bloodlines is probably my most loved and most often played game and thanks to wesps patch, it is fairly smoothly playable now. My favorite clans are Malkavians (the best), Nosferatu and Gangrels.
There are some discussions about the cabbies identity, but I don't want to spoil it, you might get some ideas with another playthrough. Especially in a Malkavian playthrough, you might get some more insight.
“They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to Middle Earth.” ― George R.R. Martin

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."
― Doctor Who

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2019, 09:10:01 AM »
I will also ask Wesp5 now (since it might be useful): are special presence dialogue options unlocked by investing points in the discipline in the UP patch ?

Yes, I restored Presence in dialogues in the plus patch, but it's similar to Dominate or Intimidate in most cases as there had to be fitting reactions ;)!

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2019, 09:16:02 AM »
I also must ask Wesp5, if he made any tweaks to any of the skills and attributes like stamina, sneak or melee?  Also were there any tweaks made to enemy ai?

I didn't tweak any stats or the enemy ai, but I repaired the broken stealth system, so sneaking will be harder in the plus patch. In the original game you were already invisible with Stealth 6 which makes no sense! Now this happens with Stealth 10 (which is still overpowered ;).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:17:33 AM by Wesp5 »

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2019, 09:07:43 PM »
Welcome Talyn. Are you the Talyn82 from the Bioware forums? And cool name, I'm still sad, that Talyn and Crais died (Farscape is such a great show).

Bloodlines is probably my most loved and most often played game and thanks to wesps patch, it is fairly smoothly playable now. My favorite clans are Malkavians (the best), Nosferatu and Gangrels.
There are some discussions about the cabbies identity, but I don't want to spoil it, you might get some ideas with another playthrough. Especially in a Malkavian playthrough, you might get some more insight.

Yep, I am indeed that Talyn82 from the BioWare forums and Bethesda forums as well, and yeah I got the name from Farscape, which was one of my favorite scifi shows on tv.

As for the game I haven't played as those clans but I do find them interesting.  I want to try all the clans.  As for the cabbie I saw there was a thread on here about Caine but I did not click on it as not to be spoiled.

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2019, 09:15:31 PM »
I also must ask Wesp5, if he made any tweaks to any of the skills and attributes like stamina, sneak or melee?  Also were there any tweaks made to enemy ai?

I didn't tweak any stats or the enemy ai, but I repaired the broken stealth system, so sneaking will be harder in the plus patch. In the original game you were already invisible with Stealth 6 which makes no sense! Now this happens with Stealth 10 (which is still overpowered ;).

I agree Sneak was overpowered.  In my last playthrough I got it up to 8 with the basic unofficial patch, and the game was easy sneaking by enemies. 

I've been playing with the Plus patch and already early in the game have seen some of the restored content.  For example earlier I said I was having trouble sneaking passed the guard that patrols the hospital upper floor.  Well I reloaded an old save right before I entered the hospital for the first time, and when I spoke to the receptionist I saw a dialogue option I had not seen before.  I clicked on it and she gave me a key and told me what to say to the guard.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2019, 09:36:31 PM »
Well I reloaded an old save right before I entered the hospital for the first time, and when I spoke to the receptionist I saw a dialogue option I had not seen before.

I don't think I restored anything there, but the games has lots of different dialogue options depending on stats, most important are Persuasion, Seduction and Intimidation!

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2019, 10:02:27 PM »
Well I reloaded an old save right before I entered the hospital for the first time, and when I spoke to the receptionist I saw a dialogue option I had not seen before.

I don't think I restored anything there, but the games has lots of different dialogue options depending on stats, most important are Persuasion, Seduction and Intimidation!

Oh okay, somehow I must've missed that dialogue option when I first spoke to the receptionist.  But I definitely know as a Tremere with low persuasion that option did not appear.  It's alright more to explore with the patch. 

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2019, 06:35:18 AM »
So I completed Santa Monica.  The only quests not completed are the "Muddy" and Asian vampire.  The game was pretty easy, I only got killed once, and almost got killed by Gimble. 

With the Plus Patch I've noticed some things.  Like the charm that is found in the Ocean Hotel is no longer there.  But I did find a dodge skill book so that was a nice swap. 

I also found a fire axe (possible murder weapon?) on top of the elevator that crashes.  Trip no longer sells skill books, but I did find two in other places I can't remember right now.

When in the warehouse and I went into the middle office there were two thugs, that in the Basic Patch were not there.

All in all I'm enjoying the game.  I like that I can sweet talk the blood dolls, and talk myself out of potential combat situations like at the beachhouse.

Here are my Feats as of now.

Combat:
Unarmed: 2
Melee: 4
Ranged: 2
Defense: 4

Covert:
Lockpicking: 3
Sneaking: 4
Hacking: 3
Inspection: 1
Research: 4

Public:
Haggle: 1
Intmidate: 1
Persuasion: 5
Seduction: 4

Soak:
Bashing: 3
Lethal: 0
Aggravated: 0

Disciplines:
Auspex: 1
Celerity: 2
Presence: 2

I plan to gradually raise Perception and Ranged.

I have two questions.  As a Toreador should I upgrade Auspex?  Or concentrate on Celerity and Presence?  Also up to what level should I keep adding dots to Persuasion and Seduction?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2019, 08:19:20 AM »
Like the charm that is found in the Ocean Hotel is no longer there.  But I did find a dodge skill book so that was a nice swap.

This was done because the other way around you can't use the book without dropping the charm which most people overlooked.

I also found a fire axe (possible murder weapon?) on top of the elevator that crashes.

Yes, this is supposed to be the murder weapon :)!

Trip no longer sells skill books, but I did find two in other places I can't remember right now.

The books were moved to hide an exploit that I will not explain ;).

When in the warehouse and I went into the middle office there were two thugs, that in the Basic Patch were not there.

I think I restored only one guy there and his hilarious "boss talk".

As a Toreador should I upgrade Auspex?  Or concentrate on Celerity and Presence?  Also up to what level should I keep adding dots to Persuasion and Seduction?

Persuasion goes as high as 8 or 9 I think, I don't know about Seduction. Auspex makes more sense for a gunman, otherwise choose Celerity...

Offline Talyn82

• Methuselah
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2019, 06:48:28 PM »
No problem I prefer the book over the charm.  In fact I forgot what the charm did.

I can't see to close since there's no way to spin the camera around to show the character from the front.  But I think the fire axe has blood on it.

Aw I missed the boss talk.  My character went in there walking casually and was taken by surprise.  He still killed them though.

Okay I have to figure out when to allocate points to persuasion.  Right now it is at 5.

Oh some smooth talking Toreador moments.  During the retrieve the Astrolite quest.  I was able to talk my way in and out.  This part surprised me.  I was able to save both Therese and Jeanette.  Which I did not know was possible.

Online Highwayman667

• Antediluvian
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »

Yes, I restored Presence in dialogues in the plus patch, but it's similar to Dominate or Intimidate in most cases as there had to be fitting reactions ;)!

Thank you as always Wesp5. If I may ask (for a future playthrough), how many points are needed to invest in Presence to obtain all dialogue options ?

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2019, 09:43:18 PM »
No problem I prefer the book over the charm.  In fact I forgot what the charm did.

The charm did the same, so only the order of when you get the items was changed!

I can't see to close since there's no way to spin the camera around to show the character from the front.

You can define keys to move the camera, default are the numpad keys.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal