Author Topic: Companion Issue  (Read 728 times)

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
Companion Issue
« on: February 28, 2019, 04:14:05 AM »
  I cannot pose my companions anymore.  I was able to do it a while back, but now when I enter the pose option, none of the Keypad commands work except the 0 which brings up the help menu. 

I checked the mod.cfg and everything is mapped to the keypad as it should.  So any ideas on how to fix it?  Is it caused by having too many companions?  Or caused by them moving to the next haven downtown?

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
Re: Companion Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 04:38:17 AM »
I was going to suggesting to see if the "numeric lock" key was on or off, but then I read next haven. If you mean the skyeline apt then I have to say that's probably the buggiest problem in AT. You know long game sessions without closing the game will lead to more or less problematic issues and bugs? This is more relevant in the AT version of the skyeline apt. Try to see if in a previous savegame proceeding to the new haven the same issue repeats.
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 09:33:07 PM »
Well it's actually the Giovanni so that's the new Tremere Haven, not the Skyline atps.

Did some testing, companions some how didn't move automatically to the new haven.  But when I told Yuki for the first time to go home (never had released her yet since getting her), that's when the others showed up in the Tremere haven and the num-pad didn't work other than the "0".  Once in the pose option, you can release or do anything with the companion, other than talk to your self to release them.

Loaded up a save right before releasing Yuki and went to Santa Monica and found the 4 companions there.  The 2 females were fine and poseable, but the two males suddenly disappeared when I went to move them and they never came back (zooming them in and out with the arrows did nothing either).  So just left it as I wasn't using them anyways.

The issue also with the 2nd haven was that I also couldn't use the Num Pad to see myself in different views either properly when that issue happened until I actually exited the game.  Just going to the Main Menu and re-loading the game didn't work, only rebooting the game.  When I would try to see myself using the Num-Keys before rebooting, it would show me on a strange angle and the Num-Keys weren't responding.

So right now I'm just not releasing Yuki, or at least not being in the Tremere Chantry Haven when I do so.  Nearing the end of the game now so it's not a big deal with this run through, but it's just really odd...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 01:59:02 AM »
:/ I have no idea, sorry. Anyone knows what can be the issue?

(Just a curiosity: I've never picked the giovanni, how he/she got the tremere haven?)
― me

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 08:19:05 PM »
:/ I have no idea, sorry. Anyone knows what can be the issue?

(Just a curiosity: I've never picked the giovanni, how he/she got the tremere haven?)

Think the original base was taken from the Tremere.  Even the first female skin is the same as the Tremere female minus the glasses.  Much like the Samedi is using the same template as the Nosferatu and would assume they would get the haven in the tunnels much the same way...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 09:52:38 PM »
What got my attention is the fact it's weird the very secretive tremere will willingly gave to any other vampire anything like that haven. And thinking now there was a mission where you have to infiltrate on that haven which is proprierty of the vanilla tremere PCs.... have you installed anything on top ot the AT mod?
― me

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 06:53:08 AM »
Nope nothing for the AT mod at all, and for the patch version, just skins and that's it.  I'm not even sure I was awarded the Tremere haven, I don't recall getting any and I'm already at the Society of Leopold, but before that I just thought why not check it out as it was easier to get to than the Skyline Apt one and sure enough the Tremere haven was unlocked and my computer was there and everything.  Told Yuki to go home and she appeared in that one too...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 08:20:54 AM »
In the tremere haven there's a pc. Of the tremere vanilla PC. In the aforementioned quest you have to hack it. Open it and see what it says

The new haven is granted by the prince (or strauss or gary for their respective clans) if you didn't pissed them off. In AT only the skyeline is achieved as the new haven. Try to go there and if the door is locked then you haven't unlocked them yet or you lost your chance (I think only on one occasion the prince will say "you are an excellent agent, I grant you a safe haven on downtown" or something like that)
― me

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 05:23:23 PM »
Yeah in the past I've gotten the regular Skyline one (been a few years since I've played clans that got it), most recently though when I re-purchased the game off steam I was playing a Nosferatu and that is automatically given I think by Gary.  Been years since I've played the other ones though that had the Skyline place.  I'll go check it out, but so far don't recall La Croix giving me the haven at all, then again with this Giovanni character, I just purposely do everything possible just to piss him off, so that could be why  :smile:

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 05:42:29 PM »
Ok, so it was just a small oversight. It can happen to everybody  :razz:
― me

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 05:56:24 PM »
Just finished the Society of Leopold and just checked the Skyline Apt and it's still locked.  So it seems that the Giovanni do use the Tremere Haven...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 10:16:40 PM »
I think all the antitribu get only the skyeline apt and only if they where nice to the prince. The tremere haven is only for a new quest. :/
― me

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 11:17:04 PM »
Then that's strange that I have it and it seems all set up and such as the door was unlocked.  I did test the door out for the Tremere haven when I first got to downtown and it was locked as the Skyline was, but now it's open.  I should go see if the old Nosferatu haven is also open then and maybe that's linked to the same issue...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 12:45:25 AM »
The tremere haven door should opens only with a new mechanism riddle on the small library on the tremere ground floor.
― me

Offline khaos526

• Neonate
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 11:34:54 PM »
Maybe that's it then.  I solved the riddle and opened up the ground floor room via the code...