Author Topic: Can't Get Back to Downtown  (Read 256 times)

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Fledgling
Can't Get Back to Downtown
« on: July 22, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »
So I've encountered an issue with Antitribu that's super annoying.

I've reached the point where Gary gives me the quest to free Barabus in Chinatown, but I haven't actually gone to Chinatown yet. I want to get back to my haven Downtown to check my email, but I can't get to Downtown at all. When I tell the taxi to take me there, it just sits on the loading screen. I left it alone for over an hour and it didn't change. I don't want to say that the game was frozen, because the loading screen itself was animated (the bar filled up and the background moved), but it just never left the loading screen.

I'm honestly wondering if it has to do with companions, because I went a tad companion crazy, with the Gargoyle, Heather, Jeanette, Velvet, Damsel, Samantha, and a Prostitute in my haven and several more stashed throughout the game. The last time I was at my haven, Jeanette was super buggy. Then I went through the Warrens (different question: who the fuck thought it'd be a good idea to make the Warrens harder? I ended up using noclip to get through it in the end because fuck all that locked switches shit; just build in a fucking shortcut jeeze... anyways), got the quest from Gary, tried to get back to Downtown and... couldn't. The map refused to load.

I'm thinking I may just have to start over from scratch and skip companions all-together aside from Heather and the Gargoyle, which I'd actually be okay with(*). Assuming that's actually my problem, of course. (Although I don't want to because... again... the fucking Warrens... is there any code that will allow me to skip that shit, open the Chinatown map and the quest to free Barabus, and open the door to Gary in the Hollywood Cemetery? Because I don't want to play through it, again...)

I do save a lot... I do that even when playing the game with UP+ (I got the game from GoG, BTW, so I have the loader which lets me have different version of the game on one install).

(*So... full confession: making the various vampires into companions made me feel dirty. In my defense, I grew up both Catholic and Jewish; the guilt complex in me is strong. Every time I play the game, I almost always join the Anarchs [once I played as a Camarilla, though still against LaCroix], I always play against LaCroix, I never play for myself, and I always kill Ming [in part because I know my fate if I try to join Ming]. Even in Clan Quest, I played to infiltrate the Sabbat rather than join them... although the game crashes every time I try to load East LA, which sucks... I wanted to see that map. I keep my humanity full every time, and try to thoroughly keep the masquerade. It's a ridiculous complex, I know... it's a fantasy game... but I just don't have the heart to indulge a "dark side" even in a fictional game, I guess. Boring? Maybe. But again... that guilt complex keeps me here, and no, I'll never get over it. And I manage to eek out enough fun killing bad guys to keep me coming back, so...)

(Also... on another note... someone desperately needs to write up a complete quest walkthrough of the Antitribu mod, like we have for OG Game (also with UP+) and clan Quest. Also needs to be done with Camarilla Edition, although I haven't played that one, yet. Does Camarilla Edition include a shortcut for the Warrens?)

Offline argikt

• Antediluvian
Re: Can't Get Back to Downtown
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:28:27 AM »
Warrens are a tedious part in this game. The community agree about it.
Sadly there isn't a single command that can do all that you want.
I assume this problem is a random bug, because is not reported for anyone else.
I suggest you that load a previous savegame and use noclip command. You can go though the warrens in a couple of minutes...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 01:57:24 PM »
Hoping to not skip anything:
- In AT the haven at the skyeline is known to be bugged. Keep in mind this mod is still in a demo/beta status.
- I remember there is a passage in these switches of AT warrens not so intuitive (which I hope will be fixed in the next release): there is a box of lightbulbs which you can only pick up like the tuna cans in the tutorial (and not keep em in your inventory), you have to take these from the side of the level you find them to a table in the opposite side so you can activate the next switch.
- I agree with you: those warrens are "a pain my my undead ass for sure" (cit.), even with the UP shortcut. If it would to me of the 4 levels I'll cut out the 2nd and the 3rd and use them for a side quest (specially since these have accesses to the hollywood hub sewers) like searching for Bertram's CD.
- I totally agree with you on the full humanity thing, even if I am now a sceptic agnostic* (thanks to a christian hostel I lived in some years). The only time I did otherwise was when I've played as a Baali in Final Nights....
- I you still have a savegame inside the warrens but before the Nossies lair try to get back to the hollywood sewers (as I've said before), go to Ginger Swan's grave in the hollywood cemetery and try this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug1K0mYiA_k
- Clan Quest has its own walkthrough on its site. Camarilla Edition on the other hand only adds changes on the rules system and not new story addictions (and since it was built on an old version of the UP it doesn't feature the new shortcut level) as far as I remember

*I believe to the possibility of the existence of a god-like being/thing but I am really sceptic on the matter (specially as any religion wants to believe how and what it is)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 02:00:01 PM by Barabbah »
"Some quotations," said Zellaby, "are greatly improved by lack of context."
― John Wyndham, The Midwich Cuckoos
"fuck the hole in the face"
― me

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 05:55:05 PM »
Hoping to not skip anything:
- In AT the haven at the skyeline is known to be bugged. Keep in mind this mod is still in a demo/beta status.

I'm gonna start a new game in the near future, but the only companions I'm going to go for are the Heather and the Gargoyle. I won't really use them, anyways, TBH...

- I remember there is a passage in these switches of AT warrens not so intuitive (which I hope will be fixed in the next release): there is a box of lightbulbs which you can only pick up like the tuna cans in the tutorial (and not keep em in your inventory), you have to take these from the side of the level you find them to a table in the opposite side so you can activate the next switch.
- I agree with you: those warrens are "a pain my my undead ass for sure" (cit.), even with the UP shortcut. If it would to me of the 4 levels I'll cut out the 2nd and the 3rd and use them for a side quest (specially since these have accesses to the hollywood hub sewers) like searching for Bertram's CD.

- I you still have a savegame inside the warrens but before the Nossies lair try to get back to the hollywood sewers (as I've said before), go to Ginger Swan's grave in the hollywood cemetery and try this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug1K0mYiA_k

Yeah I think that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Kill Andrei, get back to the sewers, and noclip through the door. If that doesn't work, then I'll probably just give up on the mod until it's updated. Hopefully the creator(s?) work(s) in a shortcut in a new update.

- I totally agree with you on the full humanity thing, even if I am now a sceptic agnostic* (thanks to a christian hostel I lived in some years). The only time I did otherwise was when I've played as a Baali in Final Nights....

Can you not play with full humanity as a Baali in Final Nights? I just downloaded that mod but haven't played it, yet.

- Clan Quest has its own walkthrough on its site. Camarilla Edition on the other hand only adds changes on the rules system and not new story addictions (and since it was built on an old version of the UP it doesn't feature the new shortcut level) as far as I remember

*I believe to the possibility of the existence of a god-like being/thing but I am really sceptic on the matter (specially as any religion wants to believe how and what it is)

For some reason I though Camarilla Edition had a bunch of new quests. If they're the same as Clan Quest then that's easier. I'll have to noclip to Gary I guess, though...

(I'm an agnostic atheist, myself. Not claiming to know anything in terms of what or who exists, but I'm not all that interested in belief, either.)

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 10:38:13 PM »
I'm gonna start a new game in the near future, but the only companions I'm going to go for are the Heather and the Gargoyle. I won't really use them, anyways, TBH...

I love the companion mod but I truly hate the mechanic of brainwashing your companions into following you....

Can you not play with full humanity as a Baali in Final Nights? I just downloaded that mod but haven't played it, yet.

Their max humanity is limited at 6, you cannot dance to raise it back and maybe there was other stuff on their weakness I don't remember

(I'm an agnostic atheist, myself. Not claiming to know anything in terms of what or who exists, but I'm not all that interested in belief, either.)

Here in Italy it's a taboo habit to actually insult god itself (as a replacement or addiction to swear words)
― me

Offline NateHevens

• Annoying Noob
  • Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 07:34:11 PM »

I love the companion mod but I truly hate the mechanic of brainwashing your companions into following you....

Agreed.

Their max humanity is limited at 6, you cannot dance to raise it back and maybe there was other stuff on their weakness I don't remember

Ah. Interesting. Good to know...

Here in Italy it's a taboo habit to actually insult god itself (as a replacement or addiction to swear words)

Yeah... I imagine Italy is rather... erm... sensitive about that stuff, given the Vatican and all. I'm not one for attacking faith, though. Just bad actors...

Offline Barabbah

• Majestic madness maker
  • Antediluvian
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 10:48:49 AM »
Yeah... I imagine Italy is rather... erm... sensitive about that stuff, given the Vatican and all. I'm not one for attacking faith, though. Just bad actors...
There's a huge difference between a possible god and a institution posing as its representative on earth while in reality many in the highest ranks use their position as protection for their rackets and businesses.... But this is just my opinion (and food for thoughts for an offtopic discussion). Like the fact I find really satisfying "hurling a pig" (a rough translation of the slang for when someone combine the word god with the one of the swine) (it's really hard to both explain in english this cultural oddity and hold back to actually be frank and saying one....)
― me