Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bugs I've encountered so far  (Read 253 times)

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
Bugs I've encountered so far
« on: September 03, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »
All details in the pictures. Luckily none is earth shattering.
(Really love the guy in the wall <3)

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
Re: Bugs I've encountered so far
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »
All details in the pictures. Luckily none is earth shattering.

Most of these are random bugs not even connected to the ATM, but rather caused by the alpha Source engine Troika had to use...

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »
Ah ok. For that there's not yet no idea to fix it I bet....

I remember having read a lot ago tessy rambling how he got in touch with some russian who gave him the original source code (the one troika got from valve), how he implemented it in his patch so making it the definitive patch. And yet roofs continued to disappear at random camera angles and some minor glitches (at the time I was trying to make a video how his patch is bugged despite his assumptions its flawless but I couldn't continue due to increasing nausea on the roofs bug)  :rofl: :razz:

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
I've actually found an antitribu bug: kicking people is not blocked in elysiums. Discovered it in the asylum and cal started shooting at me (while I couldn't fight back unless kicking!!!)!  :razz:

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 03:13:31 PM »
Another one: the stonecutter quest. Reading a previously read note the quest is reverted back at that point, even if I have already made huge progresses, so I have to get back at every note :/

PS. Feel free to use this topic as bug report instead of opening a new one whenever any of you need it ;)

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 06:32:54 AM »
The last bugs report (I've finished this demo):
- Imalia dialogs was completely bugged: it starts like I've previously talked to her, the magazinr I had to gave her was changed as another item (item I sold before knowing of this swap :razz:)
- Same problem with the posters quest: some items are swapped with others
- My companions, on the fight against the hunter in the beginning of kings way, were trying to kill the cat on the other side of the gate. And because the bullets cannot pass that gate I had to kill the hunters by myself. And even then in the rest of the level they were still there trying to shoot that cat!

And regarding the nazi dresses (which I already know your position, on other posts, were you state characters like lasombra can be ideologically far right wing) for myself I just edited the textures, I respect the fact this it's your mod and this your idea. But I want also to express my opinion, still not pretending to imposing on you: I had always the impression in the WoD nazism (and generally right wing) is rejected as a gaming possibility (for the best). Even the most vicious beings are, like, either baalists or medieval warlords.

A final consideration: this demo had many moments where I said myself "I don't know if its this good to continue" but also a lot of moments where I thought "OMFG! I LOVE THIS THING". Many highs and lows, many awesome ideas and many unneeded features. But all considered, my compliments! :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:40:42 AM by Barabbah »

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 08:14:49 AM »
I respect the fact this it's your mod and this your idea.

I don't know whom you are talking here now. I answered above about some common bugs, but this is Lenuska's mod and sadly, she seemed to have dissappeared completely again. So if are able to fix some of the issues you found it would be great if you could make a patch to fix the mod!

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 11:23:40 AM »
I don't know whom you are talking here now.

I read of one of the creators of the mod defending their decision of the nazi symbols on some of the PC armors. I don't know if they'll read it but I left these notes here for the moment they'll return.

I answered above about some common bugs, but this is Lenuska's mod

I know, but this site is also the home of the mod

So if are able to fix some of the issues you found it would be great if you could make a patch to fix the mod!

My modding capabilities are like those of an heart transplant by a blind dentist :I I'm more creative than a programmer

Offline deicide

• Ancillus
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »
And regarding the nazi dresses (which I already know your position, on other posts, were you state characters like lasombra can be ideologically far right wing) for myself I just edited the textures, I respect the fact this it's your mod and this your idea. But I want also to express my opinion, still not pretending to imposing on you: I had always the impression in the WoD nazism (and generally right wing) is rejected as a gaming possibility (for the best). Even the most vicious beings are, like, either baalists or medieval warlords.
Only one is Nazi, more precisely, the others are modern Hugo Boss clothes and Marilyn Manson fan outfits. I've found this particular armor distasteful as well despite being more than welcome to such a roleplay ideas. Even if she is a neo-nazi indeed, walking around dressed in Gestapo uniform replica is more fitting for a batshit Malk girl than a serious character, besides Gestapo are considered sucky among this crowd, for the reason they're did nothing but pretended to work most of the time.

For the same reason it's impossible to find neutral, not to mention positive, Nazi portrayal in Hollywood, pop culture in general and it's so exquisitely rare even in more underground entertainment industry. That's called "mainstream taboo": otherwise a film or tabletop game might get a ban in many countries or marginalized, while a director, studio or company are risking being ostracised. Which is laughable in view of the fact that it contains far worse (in a loud whisper: Tzimisce) content than ultraright wing.

Speaking of real neo-nazis, one of my friends from Russia is exactly that. All they want in short is less impudent Caucassian guys in their city by whaterver means, legal and illegal, for the reason that the latter have really gone over the line, acting like owners of the place. By the way, when I once came to visit him, we started the party off by getting some heroin and extra stuff from his drug dealer friend, who happen to be a pureblood Jew. Mentioning Hitler's opinion on Jews an junkies seems a little bit redunant...
Modern Nazi aren't about so-called "racial purity" based on the faux-scientific definition of races, but, roughly speaking, getting rid of social groups that causing the most trouble, no matter if intersects with an actual ethnicity or not. So don't be afraid of open-mindedness when RP-ing such a character.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:49:13 AM by deicide »

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 04:33:19 PM »
So if are able to fix some of the issues you found it would be great if you could make a patch to fix the mod!

I thought Lenuska didn't want any help no matter if she doesn't seem to be working on her mod, something we don't know.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 09:07:38 PM »
I thought Lenuska didn't want any help no matter if she doesn't seem to be working on her mod, something we don't know.

Lenuska doesn't like people changing her mod or telling her what she should do, but I doubt she will care about people fixing bugs. After all Psycho-A made the ATM game mod loader compatible with a fix and she didn't complain then...

Offline Barabbah

• Ancillus
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 11:25:11 AM »
A little off topic: at the end each reskin (specially those for pc/npc) will inevitably have many players who doesn't like it if the reskin has specific and iconical aspects (for example a real band logo or any political symbols). Good part of the reskins I have seen so far fall into this issue (while the original game managed to prevent this with anonymous but yet fitting designs. Ok, not always but yet....) My advice: more anonymous designs, less characteristic and iconical.