* Notice

Important notice: Currently emails from this forum are being automatically blocked by many email providers, claiming Planetvampire.com has a "low reputation". As such you may struggle to register and/or submit password reset requests. If you require help, please email admin@planetvampire.com for assistance. In the meantime we are continuing to work on this issue.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Antitribu Mod 1.1 is out!  (Read 83437 times)

Offline Usipra

• Fledgling
Re: Antitribu Mod 1.1 is out!
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2016, 06:07:45 pm »
Greetings! I would just like to point out a rather amusing bug I experienced yesterday while playing the Nagaraja class. I was in the tutorial area, and was messing with the abilities. I got to playing with level 2 Necromancy on said Nagaraja, and the little screaming ghosty was so scared that she busted open the door leading into the next area (where you have to sneak around, and eventually kill the 'really' green vampire). Needless to say, I explored this development, and talked to the second Jack inside. When I went to progress the right way through the tutorial, everything was wonky, and couldn't progress past acquiring the lockpick. I thought it funny. The bugs in this game are hilarious :3

Offline Baconbitz

• Fledgling
The final nights are dark and full of glitches.
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2016, 04:22:29 am »
Hey, first time poster, but a long time player of VtMB. I've been following this game since WESP's 4.1 patch. I loved the idea of Antitribu because Lasombra was my absolute favorite clan from when I used to play the PnP game and I really wanted to tear the big bads apart with obtenebration in the game  :vampwink: . So here is my issue.

I spent the better part of a week downloading and testing Antitribu 1.1. This never really bugs me because I understand that this game is a dinosaur when your talking about tech lifespans. You are gonna have to put in some elbow grease to get it to work regardless of how well any unofficial patch. Anyway, So I finally got it working, and it got to the point where I kept a clean working install in the wings in case I had to start from scratch.

SO, When I'm playing through I can complete santa monica fine, but I can't enter Lacroixs tower. Everytime I do the loading bar freezes a inch and a half into filling up. I Tried restarting the save, no luck. Tried using a different character class and playing back through, No luck. Tried reinstalling EVERYTHING, no luck. I even tried no clipping through the Nosferatu enterance in the sewers a couple of times, still no luck. Can ANYONE please help? I really want to see the new content, but outside of falling back to before the 1.1 patch I dont know what to do.

Offline FleshArtist

• Infernalist
  • Ancillus
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2016, 05:26:41 am »
@baconbitz,

Usually glitches like these are caused by objects you really shouldn't be having, and it's usually something like the hotkey mask, shoulder pads, definitely the shield and sometimes occult items, so hand those off to a companion if possible, dominate a hooker or get Knox as a companion and have him/her follow you to Downtown.

Offline Baconbitz

• Fledgling
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2016, 09:26:07 pm »
@baconbitz,

Usually glitches like these are caused by objects you really shouldn't be having, and it's usually something like the hotkey mask, shoulder pads, definitely the shield and sometimes occult items, so hand those off to a companion if possible, dominate a hooker or get Knox as a companion and have him/her follow you to Downtown.

Thanks for the quick reply! I caught something about your rig being fried in one of the forums so I didn't think you were gonna be able to reply for a while ^,^ Anyway, So I tried three more times, first without the shoulderpads, then I dumped my whole inventory just in case it was a console command that did it because I had skipped the tutorial and the pawnshop guy didn't have lockpicks so I consoled for them, and on the final try I left downtown all together and went all the way back to my haven before heading back to the Tower. All the times the game locked up, though the progress bar added about a half inch to its average size before freezing.

SO Imma try running through with a different clan real fast and see if its tied to the lasombra. If it is I have no clue what to do next, and if it freezes on that too, then Ill try a clean install and see if it persists. I dont think its the install though simply because I spent so long trying to install it that I think I understand the process pretty well.

Anyway I'll keep you guys updated in case someone else comes across the same glitch, and if you think of anything else that might help I would love to hear it. Thanks again Flesh Artist!

Offline Edreyn

• Fledgling
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2016, 01:37:12 pm »
Are there any new quests in this mod? Maybe anything specific for Sabbath?
I played an earlier version as Tzimisce, and though I got a unique dialogue with Andrei, I didn't get an option to join him. Will something similar be allowed now?

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2016, 03:59:37 pm »
There are a few new quests, but none is about joining Sabbat yet. There are also a few quests from CQM imported, if what I saw in the files is correct. I never played Antitribu, so I can't tell you much about the few new quests.

Sabbat main quest is on the work, but there are still issues to be fix in 1.1 version, which limit what we can implement for now. (in short, because we would have to redo the work that was done in 1.1 to 1.1.5 version.)
Sabbat content is for version 1.2, and that will take a while yet before it's release.

About the lack of new content in general, if you look within the mod's files, you will see that Antitribu is a monster of work already. I personally, didn't fully realize how much work was made to create new disciplines until recently, for example.
If this kind of thing was necessary is up to taste, but noboby that already modded a game on his/her free time can say that the years Lenuska and Mcv putted in this mod was a waste, especially when you know that modding possibilities were a less lot "friendly" back when this mod was started.

You can also see remnants of the work that was made to implement a sabbat quest line, the new stuffs aren't in the released mod files however.

Offline Wesp5

• Administratrix
  • Antediluvian
  • Unofficial Patcher
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2016, 09:40:28 pm »
Sabbat main quest is on the work, but there are still issues to be fix in 1.1 version, which limit what we can implement for now. (in short, because we would have to redo the work that was done in 1.1 to 1.1.5 version.)
Sabbat content is for version 1.2, and that will take a while yet before it's release.

So are you working on the next Antitribu Patch now or who is? I haven't heard anything from Lenuska in a long time and I don't know if FleshArtist is up to fixing the mod, he never posts anything here about what he is doing...

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2016, 11:12:02 pm »
So are you working on the next Antitribu Patch now or who is? I haven't heard anything from Lenuska in a long time and I don't know if FleshArtist is up to fixing the mod, he never posts anything here about what he is doing...

I work on some technical stuffs for the sabbat quest line only, I don't do the bugs fixing, neither do I write scenario and dialogs. FleshArtist gave me some estimation on 1.1.5 release, but I don't want to speak for him.
I made a new map for the mod and re-enacted the sabbat main quest, so to speak. Right now, I am preparing some code to continue it based on what he told me about what happen next.
Now that I know how to make custom py files, I will move all the python for it in a new file, much easier for future implantation.

That's what I do, which is not too demanding at the moment, since I don't want to test too many things on 1.1 version, knowing I will have to re-test them in the next version.
Meanwhile, I move my own project.
Based on FleshArtist estimations of the next release, I should have enough time to keep implementing stuffs in Antitribu by then, unless someone else continue it...
I am only in contact with Flesh and he doesn't stop by very often, as you noticed. I hope he will have more time when the new version is out.

It's the problem with team work, hard to coordinate, and people are rarely available at the same time...

Offline Runza77

• Ancillus
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:46 pm »
I'm hoping at least for dialogs... if I knew how to do...

(I know, they are my obsession  :razz:)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:52:36 pm by Runza77 »

Offline Edreyn

• Fledgling
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2016, 12:21:51 pm »
Are there any new quests, even non-Sabbath? Since this mod has its own clans, it can't have clan quests from same named mod. What new quests are there?

I do like new clans and disciplines, but quests are the part most important in RPGs.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:24:13 pm by Edreyn »

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2016, 03:52:08 pm »
Are there any new quests, even non-Sabbath? Since this mod has its own clans, it can't have clan quests from same named mod. What new quests are there?

I do like new clans and disciplines, but quests are the part most important in RPGs.

I must have miswrite, sorry about that. There are new non-sabbat quests available which are not from CQM or any other mods, I just don't know what they are and how many, exactly.

The quests from CQM are the prostitute being mugged in downtown, and the robbing at the red spot. Others were not imported, probably because of the reasons you said.

Offline Runza77

• Ancillus
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2016, 12:10:29 am »
I don't remember if this bug was already reported: Fat Larry's quest don't have the initial dialog, you can speak with him a hundred of times but nothing happens.

Offline Aloysius

• Methuselah
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2016, 05:06:22 pm »
I don't remember if this bug was already reported: Fat Larry's quest don't have the initial dialog, you can speak with him a hundred of times but nothing happens.

I provided a fix for Javier here, https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-antitribu-mod/leves-2-3-4-5-of-necromancy-and-animalism-what-can-i-do-to-see-it-please/15/

He said it didn't work, yet it work just fine for me, see the attachment. You should not need to start a new game.

Offline Runza77

• Ancillus
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »
Thank you very much, man. I'll try this soon.

Offline erikmalkavian

• Fledgling
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2016, 09:25:07 pm »
Hey guys,

So I asked Lenuska on Moddb about the next version of the mod, or what she's planning for it. Unfortunately it seems that she has a burnout again, for she has told me that she got exhausted and therefore not planning on the next version anytime soon. Bad news, but at least we could calm down from the potential hype.

Good. So, next patch will be in 2017...  :razz:
That wasn't a nice comment!  :irritated:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal